Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 447806 times)

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Saving the French (Again)
« Reply #2475 on: August 07, 2018, 02:42:32 pm »

-1 Shekel
https://www.leftovercurrency.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/1-israeli-new-shekel-coin-obverse-1.jpg
I would grudgingly hand over a dime to Alice if I can see her, otherwise to Ed, having made a similar bet with her/him.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Success for some definitions of the word.
« Reply #2476 on: August 07, 2018, 02:53:27 pm »

Approach the back door and examine it closely. Could I use my strenght to force it open?
Spoiler: William Taggart (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: August 07, 2018, 03:23:10 pm »

"Oop!"

Move to that rear entrance door someone spotted, making sure to stay far away and in cover from the incoming grenade.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2478 on: August 08, 2018, 06:08:35 pm »

Throw the canister into the bunker and jump aside to cover. Then bandage my ass when I'm safe.

[2-1]
You unhook the canister and attempt to throw it away from yourself.  You hurl it with all your might but the strap catches on your hand and the tank comes down maybe 4 feet away. And as it hits, you see the valve get smashed open and the contents get a sudden connection to sparks and oxygen.

"Crud."

Duck and cover?

"DUCK AND COVER!"

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
[6-2]
"Fug tha" Radio says, and promptly sprints away from the whole stupid mess he just caused. He dashes across the open grass and dives into the treeline, curling up behind a tree and muttering something about the unfairness of the universe.

Get out of dodge ASAP
And it was going so well
Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
[6]
You case Radio into the woods and tackle him out of behind his tree. You end up on top of him, straddling his pelvis. 

"Wow this would be pretty sexy if it wasn't for the fact that YOU NEARLY KILLED US YOU DINGUS!"

You punch him straight in the dial. He makes a static sound.

Approach the back door and examine it closely. Could I use my strenght to force it open?
Spoiler: William Taggart (click to show/hide)
The back door is a metal door, fairly robust looking, but not as entrenched and strong as the doors in the front. You can't wrench it open with your bare hands, but maybe if you have a leaver...

"Oop!"

Move to that rear entrance door someone spotted, making sure to stay far away and in cover from the incoming grenade.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
You wander over to the door along with William and watch him test his strength against the door. You suggest that he use a shovel to pry the door open.

"Okay, sure, Loady.  And yeah, it's awesome 'to be' me, but focus on the loading, not your creepy fantasies!  Ed, I want you to fire on the first non-door Nazi thing you see once we've crested the hill, Loady, make sure there's another shell ready right after!  Alice, forget what I said about the throttle, you did great; do it again, but this time into the Nazis!"  ((*syvarris collects his shekel from Redjive))

Continue assisting Alice, steering her into steering us into another high-speed crash--but this time, preferably into something useful.   Like a reinforced door into the Nazi compound.  We're in a tank, tanks are like the final stage of battering ram evolution!  And battering rams are the bane of doors!

"Very helpful, Simon."

Onwards. Again.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)
[1]
Alice backs the tank up and it runs into a tree.

"Good, but next time, harder"

Alice turns the tank a bit and tries to drive forward but just runs straight into another tree.

"Yes baby, you're getting there."

Alice backs up again and hits yet another tree before sliding down a few feet and getting the tank wedged between two trees.

"There you are. You're fucked nice and proper now. Very good."

"Could you not? Could you just not?"

"Fuck you."

"We're not out of the woods yet, you guys." Ed deadpans, peering through the firing slit.
'There's a tree, like, right there. We should go the other way now."

Ed lights a cigarette and smokes, while continuing to aim at the bunker, or in the bunker's general direction, ready to fire at the first sign of trouble. Well, troule that could pose a significant threat to the tank. I am not talking about loose grenades and exploding flamethrowers here.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mission briefing (click to show/hide)
You sit around, smoking a cig as Alice and Simon either work their way towards a fight or a rough and frenzied night. You consider throwing a condom and a knife into the mix and seeing which one gets used.

Something explodes up on the hill and you blow smoke out the nearest firing slot.

"See, that's how it's done, Alice. Bob grinned, knowing that it was his encouragement that had caused them to make it up the hill.

"I'm gonna try to shoot people now."

Assuming no orders by Simon to the contrary, start shooting at stuff. Slits in the bunker, if we're nearby, people in the fort. (I'm not really certain where we are exactly now.) But if there don't seem to be Nazis around, or people shooting at us, shoot at the clouds as Simon recommended. Just a little.
((obviously he's going to call you "no-toby-simon"))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[1]
You open up with the machinegun, spraying rounds like a mad man. You do most of it with your eyes closed and screaming at the top of your lungs. After a few seconds you stop and open your eyes.

"I think I got'em!" you shout, just before a tree, its trunk shredded by rounds, falls down and lands on the tank. Its not a big tree but it lands on the tank with a resounding GONG that shakes everyone to their bones.

The flamethrower canister detonates at about the same second as the frag grenade. Florian doesn't survive. That much is extremely clear. Radio, down under Carolina's bucking hips, catches a severed hand in the face.  Meanwhile, the dagger of clouds drifts over to hang directly above the bunker. 

https://i.imgur.com/34ubbAJ.png

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: August 08, 2018, 06:23:22 pm »

"YA HEAR THAT? THEY'RE RETURNING FIRE!" Bob bellowed as the tree fell on the tank. After catching his breath a moment, and glancing around at the irritated looks throughout the tank, he took a look outside.

"Oh Alice! I think we've hit a tree. And a tree maaaay have hit us too, not sure how that happened." Bob considered inquiring about whether the main cannon might be used to knock down the trees that were currently obstructing them, but even in this state he recognized the obviously infeasibility of that. Even if it hadn't had it's associated safety issues.

Bob will peer out the top of the tank, and see what he can see. Try to determine if anyone is paying attention to the tank on the enemy side, and determine whether it's safe to exit the tank. Also consider whether this is actually a good idea even if it seems safe.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: August 08, 2018, 06:26:25 pm »

You sit around, smoking a cig as Alice and Simon either work their way towards a fight or a rough and frenzied night. You consider throwing a condom and a knife into the mix and seeing which one gets used.
that's going in the sigtext file.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: August 08, 2018, 06:35:07 pm »

"I do believe I have a cunning plan, sir. We've already proved that there's a reason that the MG42 is called Hitler's Chainsaw right? (looks at Bob) I say we try and use either the main gun or the machinegun in the turret to nail one of those trees, if we can. If we can't slew the turret around, use the bow MG to cut down one of the trees. Worst come to worst, I'm pretty sure I saw an axe and a shovel hung on the outside of the tank." Toby would briefly consider trying to get the attention of Alice and Simon, but realizes that A: it would be much more fun to just observe, and B: interfering wouldst probably result in getting a knife stuck in him and/or a pistol round to the arm.
shout my suggestions to the other crew members, and begin testing them. Pull out a 2-Franc coin that I found and quietly make a bet on Alice winning if they get into a fight.

((side note: The shovel and axe thing: most tanks of WW2 would have tons of crap hung on the outside, specifically empty jerrycans, axes, shovels, picks, spare bits of track, and other useful bits that could conceivably be needed. Unless we've been hit with HE it ought to still be there.))

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: August 08, 2018, 06:51:39 pm »

This would be a lot sexier if you didn’t have the wrong parts, anotomically speaking. Come to think of it, do you even have “parts”? Actually, don’t answer, I really don’t want to know
Get back on my feet and check my surroundings. Head to the doors in the back and, observing the others trying pathetically to open said door, pry with my shovel.
Edit - actually, this seems too easy. I’ll let someone else tackle that, and give them backup. Also, almost forgot my sheet. 

Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 10:03:26 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: August 08, 2018, 07:02:15 pm »

((Aaaaargh! I dislike losing my posts! D:))

Retroactive action: Since I wasn't in danger last turn, my post would've been to 'fake' a grenade throw through the slit by finding and throwing a similar-sized rock, then pop up real quick to pistol the gunner and clear a way through; can this be processed pretty quickly Piece?

If I feel it's still too dangerous after that try or before doing it; pop a smoke grenade instead, and fake a silhouette nearby before shooting in.

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: August 08, 2018, 08:18:19 pm »

This would be a lot sexier if you didn’t have the wrong parts, anotomically speaking. Come to think of it, do you even have “parts”? Actually, don’t answer, I really don’t want to know
Get back on my feet and check my surroundings. Head to the doors in the back and, observing the others trying pathetically to open said door, pry with my shovel.

"You can't just ask that about a radio! RUDE MUCH?!"

Just try to find an entrance to the bunker, preferably one that isn't being actively guarded. Also I am keeping that hand.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 08:34:19 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: August 08, 2018, 08:35:43 pm »

Spoiler: New Character (click to show/hide)
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: August 09, 2018, 07:45:48 am »

Ed takes a drag. "Simon," he says, blowing a stream of smoke out the slit. "Be sure to add 'French Trees' to the list of suspected Nazi sympathizers, along with clouds and doorknobs."

Ed carefully maneuvers around Alice and into the driver's seat, (providing this action doesn't earn him a knife in the ... in the anything, really).
He then drives up to the bunker and parks against the blast doors.

Edit: Since Alice is being all hysterical (wandering uterus, ya know?), Ed will do the whole "swivel the turret in an attempt to clear some log jams. Once Simon is out, Ed will also bail, getting some distance between himself and the several tons of angy Nazi engineering piloted by an angry grouchy pilot.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mission briefing (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 06:43:03 am by Ozarck »

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: August 09, 2018, 08:06:54 am »

((If he can just drive the tank out and we're not properly stuck, can someone let me know so I can redo my post before this turns actions take place? I thought Alice fucked the tank right properly.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: August 09, 2018, 08:47:31 am »

((Redjive, post your sheet.  Piecewise is allergic to statless characters, and his allergies have a risk of manifesting as hives.  Full of bees.  Inside your character's lungs.))

"Noted, Ed.  Loady, I'm gonna get out and start shooting Nazis if possible, go for the axes while I've got you covered."

Exit the tank (rotate the turret until the hatch is clear, if it isn't already), and scope out the surroundings for Nazi targets.  If we're within view of the bunker, or there's any hostile infantry visible, take cover on the opposite side of the tank and start popping heads.  If not, just grab whatever tools are available--at worst, Simon's entrenching tool--and start working on freeing the tank.

If no progress is made on clearing the logs, and Ed's driving isn't helping, fire a 30-06 incendiary into each of the offending trees.  Obstructive bastards.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: August 09, 2018, 09:09:02 am »

"Roger, Simon."
Locking in this one as my action to roll for. Check my M1 to make sure it's loaded and clear of jams, fix the bayonet just in case, and wait 3 seconds after Simon jumps out. Then jump out and check the tank for chopping tools, and grab them and start working on the trees. Put the coin back in my pocket, since Simon and Alice aren't fighting yet.

((AGH NO NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES! AWDGAKJWDGAWKYD MY EYES! etc.))

Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 228