Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 442570 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Oh come on.
« Reply #2550 on: August 19, 2018, 12:39:38 pm »

"...Whatever you say, captain."
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: August 19, 2018, 01:11:52 pm »

"Say, Ed! No one ever told me, how'd we get a tank?" Bob asks this offhandedly while fiddling with his radio a bit.

((Ah, thanks pw, don't worry too much about it.)) Keep in the tank as we go down. Check the radio at intervals to see if we're losing reception, and tell the others if we're going to be lacking in communications.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: August 19, 2018, 01:13:37 pm »

Hey! This guy’s alive! And he seems important. We might be able to get some info out of him!
See if I can’t grab a grenade or some ammo for the Luger or the Gewehr. After that, grab the badge off the guy, then drag him onto the elevator. (assuming the elevator is not an immediate Death-by-tank zone) After that try to make some kind or restraint, so as to prevent his escape or retaliation in the event that he wakes up.
Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Saving the French (Again)
« Reply #2553 on: August 19, 2018, 01:34:12 pm »

"THe tank? Far as I can piece together, Simon stabbed it.

GOING DOWN!"

Encourage everyone to gather on the elevator. Press the down button. Sermonize for the faint of heart and disturbed of mind.

"They will stumble repeatedly. They will fall over each other, and they will say to each other "Let us go back to our own country and beat ourselves with plowshares.
You are my war club, my weapon for battle. With you I will shatter nations. With you I will beat the ever-living hell out of the Nazis!
THe weapons we fight with are not weapons of this world. They have lightning powers, but we have their tank, and a hell of a lot of explosives!
When you go into battle the priest shall come forward and address the army. He shall say "Listen here, Isabel, do not be fartheaded or fear. Do not panic or be terrified by them, for The LORD your God shall go with you and will totally kick their asses."

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mission briefing (click to show/hide)

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: August 19, 2018, 01:54:35 pm »

Rush into nearest unexplored area and look for unrighteous men to reeducate. With fists.

I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade
« Reply #2555 on: August 19, 2018, 04:48:56 pm »

Take the loot and follow the rest of the team.
Spoiler: William Taggart (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Saving the French (Again)
« Reply #2556 on: August 20, 2018, 06:04:03 am »

"Let's go! Down!"

Look at the ceiling. Is it red directly above the elevator mainly? Go ahead and hop in the tank and ride down. If the ceiling is ONLY red above the elevator, go join King Bruce and go hunting for further out rooms. If there are no further rooms, stay in the tank. If in the tank, make sure the hatch can be closed.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: August 20, 2018, 06:30:20 am »

“Hey! What’d I miss?”
Listens to radio
Also, that’s a kickass sermon. It’s the best sermon I have ever heard!”

Enter elevator, ask for loot(like, another pistol or something). Stay behind the tank.
” and also, are we gonna do a lot of close combat? Cause I am completely unprepared for that.”
Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: August 20, 2018, 06:44:00 am »

You can say from where or by what but you feel that pressure of someone's gaze all over you, like someone's hand hovering just a fraction of an inch away from touching you.
((Did Mental damage make me stop telling myself where I "can" feel it? :P Because I think you misspelled 'can't' there))

Yeah let's stick with the other folks. Overwatch with Rifle thanks much. BE AWARE OF MENTAL SHENANIGANS, as in 'be vigilant'.

If ever we see a figure standing by their lonesome in the distance, quickshot them in an area where they most likely won't die but be disabled.

*BUT if this is a quick intermediary turn or something, go med-bag up that one dude and clear them of whatever obstructs good appraisal, like pushing away all them clothing in a discreet location and subtly checking if there are any traps on them.

Hey! This guy’s alive! And he seems important. We might be able to get some info out of him!
((Priority goes to *))
Tala gestured and made it clear that they (we) were all being watched by an entity as subtly as she could, while approaching the others and joining the group. She basically gestured that everyone should keep extra vigilant, and to advisedly mind their spacing between each other in case of contact or combat.

She said no words as her mind's imagery took over; she was still scarred and needed a comforting talk. That much was clear about her.

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 06:45:52 am by Tiruin »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: August 20, 2018, 07:27:23 pm »

Simon crouchs down from his position behind the turret, after Bob asks about how the tank was obtained.  He smiles and waves his trench knife through the air, then starts loudly bragging.  "That's right!  I totally stabbed the hell out of it, and also slashed and punched a lot, too!  See all the bloodstains along the floor, and walls?"  he does a long sweeping gesture with the knife "Those are from the crewmen I had to kill!  I'd try and be a bit more surgical normally, but y'know how it goes, five-on-one fights are a hectic mess of stabbing everything that moves.  It's pure luck that I didn't get shot or stabbed myself, to be honest--the bandages on my arm were actually from the lightning, it's been chasing me all day.  I guess they just don't train the tank guys to deal with boarders, stupid Nazis.  Good for us, though!  Turns out we don't even need the big explodey guns, a knife works just as well, and we can use the tank ourselves afterward!"

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: August 20, 2018, 08:02:59 pm »

"The lightning's been getting you too? Damn, maybe there were two lightnings. Or something. I don't have a clue how that stuff actually works. Something something static electricity and clouds, but that's all I've got from grade school." Bob leaned back from the swung knife.

Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: August 20, 2018, 08:09:20 pm »

"I'm a pilot, and I honestly have no idea how it works either. Some kind of insane mumbo-jumbo with physics maths and stuff. Important part is staying out of its way.
...Or having a tank when it hits you. It seems that works too."
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: August 22, 2018, 07:48:52 am »

I contribute to this conversation somehow! Heh.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: August 22, 2018, 09:09:33 pm »

"alright, business time"
after putting the finishing touches on a tripwire tank shell near the door, and some subtle trail signs to warn other allied troops that it's there, check and make sure all of my guns have a bullet in the chamber and then take out my M1 and take the safety off. Overwatch from the first piece of cover I can find, and shift some gear around so I can get to my frags easily.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hotfire90

« Reply #2564 on: August 23, 2018, 09:50:48 am »

Spoiler: Gwen Howell (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 228