Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 442577 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: 888th Brigade: Oh come on.
« Reply #2565 on: August 23, 2018, 10:34:37 am »

"What are you blathering about?"

Down the elevator. Inside the tank, if you please.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)
"Oh, look at that Alice!  Through the viewing port!  Ed got the elevator working, we can go find more Nazis to kill!  Let's board the elevator, guidance goblin!"

Release Alice, and go man the turret.  Make sure we've got HE loaded!

"Say, Ed! No one ever told me, how'd we get a tank?" Bob asks this offhandedly while fiddling with his radio a bit.

((Ah, thanks pw, don't worry too much about it.)) Keep in the tank as we go down. Check the radio at intervals to see if we're losing reception, and tell the others if we're going to be lacking in communications.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Simon releases his grip on Alice and scrabbles back into the loader's position. He grabs what he believes to be an HE round and loads it into the main gun. Robert fiddles with the radio (no, not that radio) and flinches back as he gets nothing but a burst of screaming static.

"alright, business time"
after putting the finishing touches on a tripwire tank shell near the door, and some subtle trail signs to warn other allied troops that it's there, check and make sure all of my guns have a bullet in the chamber and then take out my M1 and take the safety off. Overwatch from the first piece of cover I can find, and shift some gear around so I can get to my frags easily.

[2] You attempt to set up a trip wire trap at the door but, well, it just doesn't quite come together. You can't get the line taut, you can't get the shell positioned right, everything keeps slipping and not staying in place. Its just a giant frustrating mess. You eventually give up on it when you feel like you've spent too much time trying to make it work.  You scribble what you hope are understandable markings on the wall and then [4] Go take cover behind the tank.

Hey! This guy’s alive! And he seems important. We might be able to get some info out of him!
See if I can’t grab a grenade or some ammo for the Luger or the Gewehr. After that, grab the badge off the guy, then drag him onto the elevator. (assuming the elevator is not an immediate Death-by-tank zone) After that try to make some kind or restraint, so as to prevent his escape or retaliation in the event that he wakes up.
Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
You grab some ammo from the man (For the Gewehr) and drag him over to the elevator after also pocketing his medal. You lay him up against the tank and then try to figure out some kind of restraint. [6] You pull off his jacket and use it to tie his arms behind his back. You don't just tie the wrists either, you fold his arms back so that his forearms are parallel and bind his arms together at the elbows, wrists and then a third time across, connecting the upper arms.

"Let's go! Down!"

Look at the ceiling. Is it red directly above the elevator mainly? Go ahead and hop in the tank and ride down. If the ceiling is ONLY red above the elevator, go join King Bruce and go hunting for further out rooms. If there are no further rooms, stay in the tank. If in the tank, make sure the hatch can be closed.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
The entire place is starting to look very unhealthy so you clamber into the tank.

Spoiler: Gwen Howell (click to show/hide)
Putting you with Tala. She usually knows what she's doing....kinda.

You can say from where or by what but you feel that pressure of someone's gaze all over you, like someone's hand hovering just a fraction of an inch away from touching you.
((Did Mental damage make me stop telling myself where I "can" feel it? :P Because I think you misspelled 'can't' there))

Yeah let's stick with the other folks. Overwatch with Rifle thanks much. BE AWARE OF MENTAL SHENANIGANS, as in 'be vigilant'.

If ever we see a figure standing by their lonesome in the distance, quickshot them in an area where they most likely won't die but be disabled.

*BUT if this is a quick intermediary turn or something, go med-bag up that one dude and clear them of whatever obstructs good appraisal, like pushing away all them clothing in a discreet location and subtly checking if there are any traps on them.

Hey! This guy’s alive! And he seems important. We might be able to get some info out of him!
((Priority goes to *))
Tala gestured and made it clear that they (we) were all being watched by an entity as subtly as she could, while approaching the others and joining the group. She basically gestured that everyone should keep extra vigilant, and to advisedly mind their spacing between each other in case of contact or combat.

She said no words as her mind's imagery took over; she was still scarred and needed a comforting talk. That much was clear about her.

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
“Hey! What’d I miss?”
Listens to radio
Also, that’s a kickass sermon. It’s the best sermon I have ever heard!”

Enter elevator, ask for loot(like, another pistol or something). Stay behind the tank.
” and also, are we gonna do a lot of close combat? Cause I am completely unprepared for that.”
Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)

Take the loot and follow the rest of the team.
Spoiler: William Taggart (click to show/hide)
Rush into nearest unexplored area and look for unrighteous men to reeducate. With fists.

"THe tank? Far as I can piece together, Simon stabbed it.

GOING DOWN!"

Encourage everyone to gather on the elevator. Press the down button. Sermonize for the faint of heart and disturbed of mind.

"They will stumble repeatedly. They will fall over each other, and they will say to each other "Let us go back to our own country and beat ourselves with plowshares.
You are my war club, my weapon for battle. With you I will shatter nations. With you I will beat the ever-living hell out of the Nazis!
THe weapons we fight with are not weapons of this world. They have lightning powers, but we have their tank, and a hell of a lot of explosives!
When you go into battle the priest shall come forward and address the army. He shall say "Listen here, Isabel, do not be fartheaded or fear. Do not panic or be terrified by them, for The LORD your God shall go with you and will totally kick their asses."

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mission briefing (click to show/hide)

The rest of the stragglers jump onto the elevator platform as Ed hits the down button and slowly walks across the sinking metal platform and over onto the tank. He shouts a sermon from the tank's turret as the metal platform descends slowly and at an angle, riding an incline into the earth. Above them, a pair of blast doors slide out to cover the hole made when the platform descended. The close with a deliberate metal clang and hiss of pressure, throwing the tunnel into darkness. Everyone lights up flashlights  and fills the descending tunnel with searching beams of light that flit erratically about, illuminating the walls, the tank, and Ed.  Ed continues his Sermon, heedless of the world around him. [1] However, he notices quickly that his words are not only failing to inspire the men...the men don't even seem to be paying attention to him. [-1 mental to him]

The incline elevator continues down for a minute, then two, then three. Sometime in the middle of this, there is a distant crashing sound from up above, the clang of things hitting metal. The sound echos for a long time in the tunnel, only starting to fade when the elevator eventually reaches the bottom. The room here at the bottom is just big enough to hold the elevator and the controls for it; there's nothing else in here aside from a few metal drums to the left, an empty wooden pallet, and, directly across from the elevator, a pair of metal doors set into solid, roughly excavated stone. There are no lights other than the flashlights of the team.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: August 23, 2018, 10:55:37 am »

Take a peek through the door. If no boolets or other shenanigans start flying in my general direction, then continue onward.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: August 23, 2018, 10:58:02 am »

"So we gonna shoot that door or what?"

"Oh, just so y'all know, we don't have radio contact here."

Let those driving the tank do their thing, be ready to shoot people with tank machinegun.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 07:26:56 am by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: August 23, 2018, 11:08:00 am »

I may not know much about tanks, but I HIGHLY recommend NOT firing the main gun at present
Quickly inspect the barrels and the pallet, then move on with Radio
(I assumed I got 1 Gewehr magazine (10 bullets), does that sound right?)

Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Saving the French (Again)
« Reply #2569 on: August 23, 2018, 11:10:57 am »

"A-anyone? No? Nothing? Alright then, I suppose."

Ed awaits door developments. Doorvelopments. Edit: Ed removes himself from harm's way. No sense tempting fate by standing on one giant chunk of metal as it hurtles face first into another giant chunk of metal.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mission briefing (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 06:30:53 am by Ozarck »

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: August 23, 2018, 11:56:05 am »

”spooky. Anyone want to be my human shield?”
Follow radio. And stay out of that tanks way!
Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 04:52:40 pm by Leodanny »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: August 23, 2018, 12:05:20 pm »

"A-anyone? No? Nothing? Alright then, I suppose."

"Don't worry about it sir, I'm sure everyone else is just too focused to appreciate the sermon to its fullest."

Hotfire90

« Reply #2572 on: August 23, 2018, 12:22:47 pm »

Overwatch the door, continue onward if the hallway is clear.

Spoiler: Gwen Howell (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: August 23, 2018, 12:23:31 pm »

"Don't worry about it sir, I'm sure everyone else is just too focused to appreciate the sermon to its fullest."
"You think I should tell it again? Maybe it's one of those things that you get more out of each time you hear it ..."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: August 23, 2018, 12:29:46 pm »

"You think I should tell it again? Maybe it's one of those things that you get more out of each time you hear it ..."

"Maybe some other time, I feel that we should let the men concentrate right now. There could be nefarious Nazis around every corner!"

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2575 on: August 23, 2018, 01:16:29 pm »

"Ed, were you saying something? I could swear you said something."

Huff and puff, then dropkick the metal door after Radio does his thing.

Spoiler: Franek Kimono (click to show/hide)
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: August 23, 2018, 02:03:20 pm »

"Well, this is awfully boring! Is that door locked? I bet it's locked. I'm gonna open it, okay?"

When all you have is a tank, everything looks like... some kind of tank-ramming target thing? I mean, if all you have is a tank cannon, everything looks like enemy armor, but I'm not allowed on the cannon. All I've got is controls. So uh, smash into that door in an attempt to remain useful.

Spoiler: Alice! (click to show/hide)
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: August 23, 2018, 03:19:44 pm »

"Maybe we should wait and see if someone comes for us? Then we could shoot them."

Climb out of tank, check on Nazi prisoner, gag if they're awake. Then step away from the tank. Far away from the muzzle and the tank. And then plug my ears as tightly as possible. Take cover.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 09:17:05 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: August 23, 2018, 05:37:33 pm »

"Hi Denver, you wan--uh, okay, bye Denver.  Huh.  Well, carry on Alice.  You too, Robert, you're doing great work manning that gun.  Most people in your place would be bored as hell!"

Keep track of our allies.  If, when Alice rams through the door, no allies have passed through, and none are in front of the tank, fire the cannon into whatever is back there.  Don't worry about identifying targets or aiming; it's a HE shell underground!  Anything on the wrong side of the tank should have a very bad day.

Edit: Oh, and a guy threatened to lethally stab Simon if he fires the gun, so make sure the hatches are locked.  I actually did say to lock them before we went down the elevator, but check again just to be sure.  Simon knows firsthand just how deadly a tank boarder with a knife can be.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: August 23, 2018, 07:41:49 pm »

Probably also everything on the "right" side of the tank, or on the side sides of the tank, and really anything near the tank in general.
By which I mean this is a great plan; please continue.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 228