Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 441263 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade
« Reply #2580 on: August 23, 2018, 07:49:06 pm »

Also dropkick the doors at the same time to help open them.
Spoiler: William Taggart (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Oh come on.
« Reply #2581 on: August 23, 2018, 08:30:08 pm »

”Why the hell would you two dropkick a metal door? That doesn’t make any sense!”
Seriously, why would you? We have a tank.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: August 23, 2018, 10:10:39 pm »

Denver nervously eyes the tank cannon pointing at the doors. "Uh, can nobody please shoot the tank cannon down the tunnel? We are very deep underground here. Don't want to die."
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Saving the French (Again)
« Reply #2583 on: August 24, 2018, 04:46:15 am »

"Don't worry about it sir, I'm sure everyone else is just too focused to appreciate the sermon to its fullest."
"You think I should tell it again? Maybe it's one of those things that you get more out of each time you hear it ..."

"Maybe some other time, I feel that we should let the men concentrate right now. There could be nefarious Nazis around every corner!"
"We are still being watched," Tala whispered to the Radioman.

"Check all communication channels. This is not a good place to be."

Is there no way I can 'rest' or regain mental...health? Because if I can't do that at the moment, inspect the surroundings and stay on overwatch.

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2584 on: August 24, 2018, 06:35:16 am »

"We set sail on this new sea because there is new GLORY to be gained, and new rights to be won, and they must be won and used for the progress of all people. For war science, like weird science and all technology, has no conscience of its own. Whether it will become a force for good or ill depends on man, and only if the 888th occupies a position of pre-eminence can we help decide whether this new ocean will be a sea of GLORY or a new pathetic theater of cowardice. I do not say that we should or will go unprotected against the hostile misuse of giant metal doors any more than we go unprotected against the hostile use of land or sea, but I do say that giant metal doors can be explored and mastered without feeding the fires of cowardice, without repeating the mistakes that man has made in extending his writ around this globe of ours.

There is no strife, no prejudice, no national conflict in this room as of yet. Its hazards are nonexistent to us all. Its conquest deserves the best of all mankind, and its opportunity for peaceful cooperation may never come again. But why, some say, the Moon? Why choose this as our goal? And they may well ask, why climb the highest mountain? Why, 20 years ago, fly the Atlantic? Why does Rice play Texas?

We choose to dropkick the door! We choose to dropkick the door in this second and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard; because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one we intend to win, and the others, too."
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: August 24, 2018, 10:21:29 am »

”But your feet! How much will that hurt? And we already have a tank. That can ram doors.
And dropkicking a giant metal door is completely, ridiculously, insane, and a waste of our resources!”

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2586 on: August 24, 2018, 10:39:02 am »

Denver nervously eyes the tank cannon pointing at the doors. "Uh, can nobody please shoot the tank cannon down the tunnel? We are very deep underground here. Don't want to die."

"Oh come on, don't be a coward Denver!  They clearly made the elevator big enough for a tank, and the doors and all big enough, so they must have brought tanks down here!  That means they'd occasionally have cannon misfires, and if they had cannon misfires, the walls must be strong enough to withstand cannon fire!  It's only logical, Denver.  Now stay out of the way while I destroy everything, ahhahhaha!"

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: August 24, 2018, 10:48:07 am »

Denver climbs back up on the tank, knife in hand. "Simon, I know you stole this fucking tank, but if you fire the gun, I will stab in the neck before you start to crow in joy."

He sits on the hatch, eyeing Simon.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • the earth spins very fast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2588 on: August 24, 2018, 12:45:36 pm »

"I'll be honest Denver, I don't think you'd win that."

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: August 24, 2018, 01:06:32 pm »

"I'll be honest Denver, I don't think you'd win that."
"Alice, I have the bigger knife, and the high ground. I like Simon. And I don't want to stab him. But he has gone tank-crazy and I will do what I need to keep me alive. Also, I like stabbing people."

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: August 24, 2018, 01:14:25 pm »

"Simon, gonna hop onto the back of the tank and use the turret as a sandbag. Yell really loud before you do anything stupid, like fire the gun or charge forward gloriously, so I don't get shot to bits."
Toby hops on to the tank, and kneels, using the turret as cover. He props up the STG on the top of the turret and overwatches the door.
Toby appears to be thinking for a couple of seconds.
"Hey Denver? If you die, can you tey to fall on to the back of the tank, so that I can use you as even more cover? Thanks."
Remembering the Nazi Magic Cloud of Death, but confident that whatever is down here is going to be far more insidious, Toby fortifies his mind against the horrors that undoubtedly await, and makes sure not to listen if Simon gives any good orders; that would mean he is clearly an illusion or under mind control or something.

Toby also does those things, and starts taking close looks at shadowy areas
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 01:27:49 pm by Redjive_Industries »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2591 on: August 24, 2018, 01:25:30 pm »

"I'll make an effort," he replies, grinning.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2592 on: August 24, 2018, 01:30:53 pm »

"Thanks. If you die, I want you to know, Even in death, you still served."

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: August 24, 2018, 01:42:19 pm »

"Oh, you should all know, we don't have radio contact. So there won't be any back up, or people to know if we stab someone unanimously. Though, I guess we could do that even if there was radio contact."
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: August 24, 2018, 01:43:44 pm »

"And more importantly, nobody to rescue us from a cave-in."
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 228