Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 448061 times)

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll find something to put here... eventually
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: The day of the Medic.
« Reply #3150 on: December 18, 2018, 07:34:03 pm »

Fire the main cannon at the turrets.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
RTD Graveyard
Many people have gone missing or died.
I don't remember their names.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3151 on: December 19, 2018, 04:05:52 pm »

[5] You ignore the jostling of the tank and make a flying leap towards the last armored car. [1] You miss entirely, slam into the metal cattle car and bounce off behind  the tank. [4v3] You sit up and shake your head, dazed but uninjured.

Good sir, do not be alarmed, but I do spot here... A discrepancy!

For you see,

You climb up a tree and ready yourself for making a bad decision.

I was never on that tank to begin with! So its ruinous rumbling and rolling could not have possibly gobbled up that most precious of 5s, you see. 

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3152 on: December 20, 2018, 07:53:20 am »

[5] You ignore the jostling of the tank and make a flying leap towards the last armored car. [1] You miss entirely, slam into the metal cattle car and bounce off behind  the tank. [4v3] You sit up and shake your head, dazed but uninjured.

For you see,

I was never on that tank to begin with! So its ruinous rumbling and rolling could not have possibly gobbled up that most precious of 5s, you see. 

Stop being eloquent; that's my thing. :(

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3153 on: December 20, 2018, 09:14:59 am »

Bob pops up from the ground after falling from the speeding tank, and looks down at himself, surprised to see that he's neither perforated with lead, nor have any of his limbs been broken. However, his joy is short lived once he realizes that the first part could change real quick because someone decided to be trigger happy."Shoot the train not the ground! The train!" Bob shouts, completely ignoring the fact that few people could actually hear him.

Try to keep moving and maybe get behind the tank so as not to be shot at, then try to board the cattle cars when they get close.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3154 on: December 20, 2018, 10:13:53 am »

For you see,

Yeah, my mistake. Luckily you didn't fall off the tank you weren't on so we can just transfer that terrible jump over and assume it was from the tree instead.

Though now you have a chance of being run over by the tank....

Jump onto the train.
Spoiler: Gwen Howell (click to show/hide)
[5] You make a flying leap onto the train and land perfectly on the landing, Denver helping to steady you and pull you in.

"Fffuu... oww, damn it...  I can't believe that didn't work..."

Take a knee and start shooting at the train's cannon's periscopes.  Empty the mag.  Then reload and empty the next, if there's any chance of hitting.

Also, try and remember whether this was the only train, and if we still need to capture the switching station.  If yes, after the train leaves Simon's line of sight, he'll start jogging back towards said station.

This is the only train and its a very long one. Gonna be going past you for a while now.

[6-3]  You spit some blood and rise up onto one knee, shouldering your rifle and looking through the sight with the eye that isn't already swelling shut. You sight in on the periscope or whatever it is that they're using to aim the main cannon and put a round straight through it, despite the range, the movement, and the fact that you're pretty sure your arm is broken.

"Ha!" You shout at the train and then fall over into the grass.

Get close to the train. Communicate to the germans that Cthulhu demands their submission.

[3] You shout passages from your book at the train, though its difficult to say what effect it has considering all the noise, chaos, and the fact that you can't see the people inside.

The train dares to run from me!? I shall sprint towards the place where the train coupled and look for an train engine to steal. Only then will I be able to give chase and joust like a real knight.

Spoiler: Finalized Sheet (click to show/hide)
[1]
You try to run after the train, trip, and fall face first onto the ground.

Keep in cover until the MG cars pass. Then rush the cattle cars when I see an opening to board the train. Knife time.
[6] You keep your footing as the tank jerks about and then try to make the leap to the Armored car. [4] You make the jump and land on a small landing on the back of the last armored car. There's a door into the armored car directly next to you, but you stay where you are, to help other people on.
Hopefully get helped by this guy before his character acts! Get on that train!

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
[2+2]
You make a wild flailing jump for the train and almost miss it entirely but Denver and Gwen grab your arms and haul you up onto the landing.

"Try to shoot it AT the train this time."
Load another AP shell. Get on one of the machine guns and try to spray down one of the turrets, not any of the ones close to our bois on top tho, don't want a ricochet off the armor to hit them if I can avoid it.

Fire the main cannon at the turrets.

[5,2]
Tobeis sprays machinegun fire into the front most engine and its turrets. Their armor seems to absorb most of the round but a few make it through firing slits and other weak points and cause mayhem within. The Machinegun turrets stop moving for the moment. Meanwhile Mark takes another shot with his cannon, but the round screams out over the top of the train and misses by inches.  He stares at the train with annoyance and then shrugs. At least it didn't go as bad as last time.

Try to shoot anyone who pops out to shoot at the creepy “Chaplin”.
Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
No one sticks their heads out so you just kinda sit and wait.

Help team mates get on the train. Then run into the armored car, knife them nazis starting with the closest guy. If out of range and they all see me, back up and spray into the room with German SMG..

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
As soon as Tala is on the platform you turn and try to get the door to the inside of the armored train engine open. Its locked. Bastards and their...basic security. You wanted to pull a Simon!

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3155 on: December 20, 2018, 12:12:41 pm »

Using the loudhailer, shout at the train occupants about the unholy hatred of the gods and the meaninglessness of existence in German, Italian and Slavic

Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3156 on: December 20, 2018, 05:02:53 pm »

Yeah, my mistake. Luckily you didn't fall off the tank you weren't on so we can just transfer that terrible jump over and assume it was from the tree instead.

Though now you have a chance of being run over by the tank....

But that still leaves us with a mystery! After all, if the old terrible jump
[1] You miss entirely, slam into the metal cattle car and bounce off behind  the tank. [4v3] You sit up and shake your head, dazed but uninjured.

Was replaced with a new terrible jump, then what, pray tell, happened to this:
[5] You ignore the jostling of the tank and make a flying leap towards the last armored car.

As you can see, somewhere in the transfer a 5 was lost somehow. What happened to that 5 peedubs? Where did it go? Did it disappear?
Was it eaten? Is there a rogue pentaphage on the loose? Is it still out there? Does it still hunger?

Is it coming for us?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3157 on: December 20, 2018, 05:07:28 pm »

((...Has a life penalty always affected attack rolls?  I thought only phys or metal affected rolls aside from injury.  And I don't recall wounds ever penalizing Simon before.  :\ ))

Lay back for a moment, now that Isabella is saved.  If life penalties don't affect first aid rolls, try and heal with a first aid kit.  If they do, just lay back and rest for now, there's no rush.

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll find something to put here... eventually
    • View Profile
« Reply #3158 on: December 20, 2018, 06:32:46 pm »

One of these days, I'll hits those turrets...

RTD Graveyard
Many people have gone missing or died.
I don't remember their names.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3159 on: December 20, 2018, 06:55:45 pm »

Seeing Gwen (Hotfire)'s lack of explosive weaponry, and Denver's (Doomblade) shiny as heck medal, Tala suggested to the latter to grab her shovel (or lockpicks) and use it to pry that door open.

She provides overwatch against any gunperson aiming to shoot them off, or any danger--and tries to help pull anyone else trying to get on, prioritizing covering Denver if someone else is doing the helping. Also if her concentration can handle it, speaks in German or other European languages to try and persuade the ...presumed people below us to open the hatch
Tala nodded at Denver's signal as she prepared herself for both pulling anyone else, and shooting some attacking enemy.

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 11:30:04 pm by Tiruin »

Hotfire90

« Reply #3160 on: December 20, 2018, 07:10:15 pm »

Pull up any incoming jumpers, then go shoot some nazis in the face once the door is open.
Spoiler: Gwen Howell (click to show/hide)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3161 on: December 20, 2018, 07:59:05 pm »

Denver motions for Tala to be silent, then holds up his smoke grenade and motions towards the door. While also holdong his knife. He then puts them up and grabs an entrenching tool.

Have Gwen and Tala cover me, and pry open the door with one of our entrenching tools. Once the door is open, throw smoke, let it fill, and dive in below waist height. Start stabbing.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 08:04:15 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3162 on: December 21, 2018, 06:45:05 am »

Get up and sprint towards the place where the train coupled and look for an train engine to steal. Only then will I be able to give chase and joust like a real knight.

Spoiler: Finalized Sheet (click to show/hide)
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #3163 on: December 21, 2018, 11:40:02 am »

Try to get on the train, and help then open the door if possible.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3164 on: December 22, 2018, 07:44:59 pm »

Bob pops up from the ground after falling from the speeding tank, and looks down at himself, surprised to see that he's neither perforated with lead, nor have any of his limbs been broken. However, his joy is short lived once he realizes that the first part could change real quick because someone decided to be trigger happy."Shoot the train not the ground! The train!" Bob shouts, completely ignoring the fact that few people could actually hear him.

Try to keep moving and maybe get behind the tank so as not to be shot at, then try to board the cattle cars when they get close.

I was missed, I'd like to do this
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 228