Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 442626 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: 888th Brigade: The day of the Medic.
« Reply #3360 on: April 18, 2019, 12:59:21 pm »

Keep harassing and confusing the Geeeermans, I'm bound to hit the spot sooner or later.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
[1]
"Hey Germans, Our location is these coordinates, a guy has moved ahead to intercept you and planted traps, oh and I want to defect because your uniforms are stylish!"

((Well piecewise, as long as he didn't stick his tongue down the barrel while it was loaded. . . ))
"Oh thank goodness. Good ole' browning making quality products." Bob murmured, cradling the weapon. When he heard the sounds in the distance though, he got up, heading to one of the mounted guns.

Take one of the gun turrets that Tala is trying to foist upon the civilians.

"I'll handle this, this is an american's job!"
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Shoot any nazis who appear in the sight line of my turret.
Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
Wait for nazis to appear and shoot them if they do.
Spoiler: Gwen Howell (click to show/hide)
You guys might be waiting for a while if Ed takes care of these Germans coming up the slope.

Charge forward, until I am in shotgun range of the Germans, and then accelerate my shot to ludicrous speed into the bodies of the Germans via shotgun.

Spoiler: Finalized Sheet (click to show/hide)
Franek jumps out of the...where was he? Oh the Train. He jumps out of the train and starts running towards the explosions. He's a while off so he doesn't quite make it this turn.

Be patient and wait for a good target to appear.  Something tough, like an armored vehicle, or failing that, just troops with anti-vehicle weapons.  Once a good target is spotted, fire the main cannon into it and then start sweeping the machine gun across any clusters of infantry.

Also start shooting if anyone starts shooting at Isabella.

"Get 'em, Simon!"

2wait for either a) the Nazis to spot the tank and start targetting us, or b) Simon to start shooting, at which point, start evasive maneuvers. And by evasive maneuvers, I mean drive directly int othe Nazi formation, except not toward my own untriggered traps. Make those fuckers evade - preferably into my unexploded traps.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Briefing (click to show/hide)

After several seconds or maybe minutes of silence A panzerfaust comes arcing out of the woods in a spray of fire and detonates against a nearby tree.
[4][2]
Simon immediately opens up with the machine gun, strafing fire back and forth over the rough area where the RPG came from. Ed attempts to get the tank going but in the snow, slush and mud it spins its treads and only moves a few feet.
[2]
Another Panzerfaust comes arcing in from the area Simon is spraying down and catches the tank hard in the side. It blows tear into the side of the tank and fills the driving compartment with smoke and shrapnel. [3v1,2v2] Despite the blast Simon and Ed are unhurt, if choked and partially blinded by the smoke.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3361 on: April 19, 2019, 06:39:16 am »

Perfect, I have them right where I wanted! Now that they trust me after providing them correct information, abuse this newfound faith by mentioning we have tons more other troops hidden all over the place, thereby making them split up their forces or even intimidating them into retreat.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3362 on: April 19, 2019, 09:49:59 pm »

Charge forward, until I am in shotgun range of the Germans, and then accelerate my shot to ludicrous speed into the bodies of the Germans via shotgun. Do this once more, only whilst running at the speed of sound and making racecar noises.

I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3363 on: April 19, 2019, 11:27:46 pm »

"REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

load antipersonnel ammo into the main cannon and fire at where that RPG came from. Incindiary ammo is also acceptable.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3364 on: April 21, 2019, 05:00:17 am »

"Those fucking bastards shot Isabella!  Screw this damn cannon, I'm dealing with those fuckers myself!"

Screw that unwieldy cannon, pop out the commander's hatch and start sniping people--use the De Lisle, so it's not as obvious that someone popped their head outside of the tank.  Shoot people with anti-tank weapons first, but don't hesitate to kill others.  Simon is mad at ALL of them!

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3365 on: April 21, 2019, 12:18:13 pm »

open fire on all visible nazis with the machine gun turret.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3366 on: April 21, 2019, 05:58:31 pm »

Wait in the train to shoot Nazis, even if it is a long wait.

Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Hotfire90

« Reply #3367 on: April 21, 2019, 06:06:48 pm »

Continue waiting.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3368 on: April 24, 2019, 12:51:54 pm »

Perfect, I have them right where I wanted! Now that they trust me after providing them correct information, abuse this newfound faith by mentioning we have tons more other troops hidden all over the place, thereby making them split up their forces or even intimidating them into retreat.

[5]
You cut in and begin to, quite smugly, explain that the german troops are actually surrounded and that they've been baited into an ambush. You give them the option to surrender and survive or fight and die. You then laugh like a smug anime girl.

Fufufu~

Charge forward, until I am in shotgun range of the Germans, and then accelerate my shot to ludicrous speed into the bodies of the Germans via shotgun. Do this once more, only whilst running at the speed of sound and making racecar noises.

[4]
Franek charges directly into the german lines, or roughly where he believes them to be, and immediately takes a shot at the first soldier he sees. The shot sends the SS trooper to the ground but there are three or four directly behind him and likely more further on.

"REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

load antipersonnel ammo into the main cannon and fire at where that RPG came from. Incindiary ammo is also acceptable.

[2]
Edward loads a new shell and fires it off into the woods. He has no idea if it hit anything; there's a dull thud a few seconds later but it seems far too distant for the shell to have hit its mark.

"Those fucking bastards shot Isabella!  Screw this damn cannon, I'm dealing with those fuckers myself!"

Screw that unwieldy cannon, pop out the commander's hatch and start sniping people--use the De Lisle, so it's not as obvious that someone popped their head outside of the tank.  Shoot people with anti-tank weapons first, but don't hesitate to kill others.  Simon is mad at ALL of them!

[3]
Simon pops out or the hatch of the tank and starts taking shots. Even with the scope he can't see the advancing troops very well...but he makes due.  He unloads an entire magazine into the advancing forces, taking shots at whatever he can.

open fire on all visible nazis with the machine gun turret.
Wait in the train to shoot Nazis, even if it is a long wait.

Continue waiting.
[4,5,6]
The three gunners left on the train fire into the woods at the vague shapes within. Luckily the manage to not hit Franek  and in fact rain rounds down on the advancing german troops

After sustaining fire from two sides and recieving a radio message about being surrounded the Germans are apparently spooked because they start to retreat, firing somewhat randomly to cover the action. [5,3] Simon ducks back into the tank but Franek, much closer to the troops, takes a round to the shoulder.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3369 on: April 24, 2019, 08:22:10 pm »

"I thought i was good with tanks, Simon. I thought i was good at this. Well, I guess no plan survives contact with the enemy and all that."

Edit: Inspect the tanks for damage before driving Simon closer to the retreating Nazis. If it's drivable, go for it, but avoid my own IEDs. If it's not drivable, get out and disarm my traps.

Take a moment to get out and disarm any traps I made that are still unexploded, then return to the tank and lead the train onward past the ambush site.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 07:07:04 am by Ozarck »

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3370 on: April 24, 2019, 09:43:55 pm »

Roar with righteous rage and ravage Germans with my bayonet. Also, how much damage did the gunshot inflict?

« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 03:22:45 pm by SaberToothTiger »
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3371 on: April 26, 2019, 07:01:13 am »

"Bastards... Grah!  Stop pitying yourself Ed, there's still Nazis to kill!  Drive me closer, after I run out of bullets I'll be swapping to an axe!"

Don't bother reloading the De Lisle, just drop it back into hammerspace and start taking shots with the spare Springfield, which is currently loaded with incendiaries.  If after Simon runs through all five shots, there's still visible Nazis, he'll dismount and charge them with an axe and trench knife!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3372 on: April 26, 2019, 08:46:15 am »

Once the way is clear, then choo-choo-choo on through.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3373 on: April 27, 2019, 07:04:44 am »

"Sure thing, Simon. Say, that rpg hit us pretty hard. Is she still drive-able? What's the damage look like out there?"

Hotfire90

« Reply #3374 on: April 27, 2019, 10:57:29 am »

Resume firing at the retreating nazis.
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 228