Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 243

Author Topic: DFHack 50.13-r1  (Read 812095 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.44.09-r1 | 0.44.10-alpha1 (dev)
« Reply #1050 on: May 11, 2018, 12:10:58 am »

The entire purpose of the alpha builds is for you to report things like that. I will try to look into it. Does "stocks show" on its own also crash? Are you sure you're holding down the right modifier keys (not forgetting or missing shift/Ctrl)? What screen are you pressing ctrl-shift-z on?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

sawtooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: May 11, 2018, 01:39:18 am »

The entire purpose of the alpha builds is for you to report things like that. I will try to look into it. Does "stocks show" on its own also crash? Are you sure you're holding down the right modifier keys (not forgetting or missing shift/Ctrl)? What screen are you pressing ctrl-shift-z on?

I usually use the shortcut to get to that stocks screen, but mainly because it's a shortcut and the other way takes longer.  I've tried to call up the screen hundreds of times since the last crash trying to cause the bug again with no luck.  Tried all sorts of things so far, resized the screen, fullscreen, changed the font sizes and so on.  I did not have any of the filters set on the stocks screen, just whatever the default options were.  I was hoping it was something I was doing and not some random item being brought onto the map or created causing an issue.  I don't have any control over cavern denizens and the fights they might be getting themselves into.  I also wouldn't have any control if the item was something carried by a visitor to the who would not be around after a crash and make it quite hard to reproduce.  I guess our only hope would be to get lucky and get a save from right before the crash happens, where upon reloading a save it would crash again.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: May 11, 2018, 01:50:28 am »

Negative results on 'v' crash. Using Windoze 10.1 (auto upgrading, as I'm lazy, so it might have been an earlier version back at 0.43.05, but not as old as 7) I don't think I've ever seen a 'v' crash.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: May 11, 2018, 08:18:22 am »

I think I've figured out how to reproduce the "v" crash here. Quick fix: run "tweak block-labors disable".

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: May 11, 2018, 11:21:25 pm »

Turns out there was another cause to the "v" crash too. I got it to happen once in normal gameplay, but I couldn't reproduce it afterwards without breaking things intentionally, but it should be addressed now too.

If all goes to plan, binaries for https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases/tag/0.44.10-beta1 will be uploaded in an hour or two, and it should fix that issue (and others!).

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: May 13, 2018, 07:41:59 am »

Turns out there was another cause to the "v" crash too. I got it to happen once in normal gameplay, but I couldn't reproduce it afterwards without breaking things intentionally, but it should be addressed now too.

If all goes to plan, binaries for https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases/tag/0.44.10-beta1 will be uploaded in an hour or two, and it should fix that issue (and others!).

Oh thank the holy powers for that, I was always scared to death of checking for injuries and changing labors because of that.

Criperum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.44.09-r1 | 0.44.10-beta1 (dev)
« Reply #1056 on: May 14, 2018, 06:01:14 pm »

Is there a plan to add any mission related plugins or fixes? Or may be there are some (i'm mostly interested in fixes for squads leaving on a mission forever)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: May 15, 2018, 10:13:39 am »

Is there a plan to add any mission related plugins or fixes? Or may be there are some (i'm mostly interested in fixes for squads leaving on a mission forever)
Toady is actively working on fixes, and he has an advantage when it comes to fixing complicated things like that (we barely have any information on missions, as far as I know), so no, nobody has tried fixing those in DFHack yet.

Bob69Joe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: May 15, 2018, 04:04:44 pm »

Hello dudes. I am adventiring woth a dwarf buddy and he got beat up real bad by zombie boars while crossing a frozen ocean. I stood over my buddy and made campfires in each direction but now I'm stuck as I can't walk over them and I can only pass time by pressing '.' so is there a way to clear campfires from the map?

I jumped over the fire anyways. :D

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: May 15, 2018, 04:28:49 pm »

Toady is actively working on fixes, and he has an advantage when it comes to fixing complicated things like that (we barely have any information on missions, as far as I know), so no, nobody has tried fixing those in DFHack yet.
a solution to this might be to insert the missing units back into a squad that is already returning from a completed mission.
but that's kinda pulling historical figures from the void to replace the ones you lost.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: May 16, 2018, 10:17:03 am »

Which script/plugin is responsible for the DFHack enhanced item info (I have a feeling I've asked this before, but my memory could definitely be better)? I'm looking at a "melting upper body" save, and think I see a correlation between the melting and DFHack ceasing to provide this information on the dress of an affected dorf, so I'd like to look at the script/code to see where it fails to read data to see if I can get any further.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: May 16, 2018, 10:21:27 am »

I think you're talking about view-item-info, which you can find by searching for "More information (DFHack)" in the scripts repo: https://github.com/DFHack/scripts/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=More+information+%28DFHack%29&type=

However, I don't think dwarves melting necessarily means that their clothes are also melting, and I don't even know if that script is supposed to indicate melting (it doesn't contain "melt" anywhere). I don't think it should contain unit-specific information in any case, because it applies to any items, not just items owned/worn by units.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: May 16, 2018, 10:42:40 am »

Thanks Lethosor.
Removing the dress of a dwarf that would melt caused her not to melt, while others still did. I don't think the item causes melting, but rather that some kind of corruption may be involved in the melting. The thing is that when the save is loaded, the dress is displayed correctly with info, dwarf size, armor info, etc, but after a certain point only the basic dress info is shows, so I think the script fails to retrieve some piece of info and gives up at that point. Thus, I'd like to see find out what's suddenly no longer available.

Edit: Yes, you're correct. It's a bug in the script, completely unrelated to the melting issue.
The problem is that every time you view the SAME item "get_custom_item_desc" fetches a description using a different script and then adds a blank line to it. However, the next time that same info is fetched the previously added blank line is included in the data fetched, and a blank line is added...

This causes the number of blank lines between the description and the other properties to increase by one, pushing more and more data off the bottom of the view.
I assume the visible results of this can be worked around by checking if there's a blank line at the end already, and not add one if there is, but you probably shouldn't have added that line to that data in the first place, but rather have it as a lead for the DFHack added stuff.

Note that I've looked at inventory clothing items only, but looking at all items of a dorf, exiting the view, bring up the 'v' view again and viewing the items again show them all getting two blank lines. I haven't looked at other items.

Edit 2: Raised DFHack issue #1273 for it.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 11:56:15 am by PatrikLundell »

xordae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: May 16, 2018, 02:08:25 pm »

The new vanilla Ctrl-n option to name buildings will not accept the 'w' character as that changes the wheelbarrow setting. Ctrl-Shift-n works fine. As I don't play vanilla, I'm not sure if this is an issue with DFHack or not.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: May 16, 2018, 03:36:35 pm »

The ability to type in the number of wheelbarrows is a DFHack feature; vanilla just lets you cycle from 0 to 3.
I think that hasn't been fixed yet, but in the future, could you please specify the exact version of DFHack you're using? We fixed a number of similar issues to that in 0.44.10-beta1, and have received a couple complaints from people that were still using 0.44.10-alpha1.

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 243