Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 243

Author Topic: DFHack 50.13-r1  (Read 810985 times)

xordae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.44.09-r1 | 0.44.10-beta1 (dev)
« Reply #1065 on: May 16, 2018, 07:18:24 pm »

Sorry, I'm on 0.44.10-beta1.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: May 16, 2018, 07:27:44 pm »

I apparently didn't remember to update my last post, but I did fix it, so it should work in whatever the next version ends up being.

I've been using workflow for my clothing industry for a while now but there are 2 things I cannot make work :

1- If I want to process plants into thread with a separate constraint for each.
Say I want 50-60 threads of pig tail and 50-60 threads of hemp, I cannot make it work even using the advanced options and selecting a specific plant. I get a message telling me it's not possible.
If I do the thread of any plant then there is no issue.

2-Say I want 50-60 cloth shirts and 10-20 cloth shirts in human size, I can make both on the workshop but when I create a worflow constraint it doesn't recognize they're different so if my dwarven sized shirt limit is reached it will stop the human sized one, I've found no way to add the size as an option even in advanced mode, I can just select quality and material.
I added your buildingplan stuff to the issue tracker but I'm not sure how to handle the workflow stuff. When you get a chance, could you look through the workflow-tagged issues, make sure yours aren't already listed, then report them if they're not?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 07:37:41 pm by lethosor »
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

JezaGaia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: May 19, 2018, 10:54:00 am »

I apparently didn't remember to update my last post, but I did fix it, so it should work in whatever the next version ends up being.

I've been using workflow for my clothing industry for a while now but there are 2 things I cannot make work :

1- If I want to process plants into thread with a separate constraint for each.
Say I want 50-60 threads of pig tail and 50-60 threads of hemp, I cannot make it work even using the advanced options and selecting a specific plant. I get a message telling me it's not possible.
If I do the thread of any plant then there is no issue.

2-Say I want 50-60 cloth shirts and 10-20 cloth shirts in human size, I can make both on the workshop but when I create a worflow constraint it doesn't recognize they're different so if my dwarven sized shirt limit is reached it will stop the human sized one, I've found no way to add the size as an option even in advanced mode, I can just select quality and material.
I added your buildingplan stuff to the issue tracker but I'm not sure how to handle the workflow stuff. When you get a chance, could you look through the workflow-tagged issues, make sure yours aren't already listed, then report them if they're not?

Thanks for the link, I'll bookmark the site for the future. You're right my 2 issues are known and not easily (or at all )fixable.
Shame but oh well I'll have to live with it.

The one about sizes (human vs dwarf) as I got lucky enough to get 2 sources of cloth  (pig tail and rope reed) I'll simply try by making human clothes in one specific material and dwarves in the other one and set specific limits using the material and not just the item as this seems to work well.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.44.10-r1
« Reply #1068 on: May 19, 2018, 01:48:43 pm »

Shoot, I forgot to update this thread! There's a release up for 0.44.10, in case anyone hasn't seen it already: https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases/tag/0.44.10-r1
And just in time, we got around 5 more pull requests overnight (after releasing it), so that'll be fun.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: May 20, 2018, 04:17:15 am »

Is there any instructions on building a C++ application with cmake using dfhack-client, particularly RemoteClient. I did not find anything in the doc and I have an issue with compatibility between dfhack's protobuf and my system protobuf.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: May 20, 2018, 06:57:29 am »

Just run the build scripts, pretty much.

There's a compiling page in the documentation.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: May 20, 2018, 07:19:37 am »

I did not mean building dfhack but separate project using dfhack-client. Or did I misunderstand and it is not supposed to be used outside of dfhack? Should I reimplement my own RemoteClient? (no doc about the protocol either I guess, I'll have to read the source code)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: May 20, 2018, 07:21:51 am »

Is there any instructions on building a C++ application with cmake using dfhack-client, particularly RemoteClient. I did not find anything in the doc and I have an issue with compatibility between dfhack's protobuf and my system protobuf.
DFHack uses an older protobuf 2, so you might have to specify that in your proto files. You could also probably use DFHack's protobuf compiler, which gets built along with DFHack. I'd need more details about the compatibility issue for anything else.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: May 20, 2018, 07:37:40 am »

Including RemoteClient.h from dfhack's library/include indirectly includes a generated header from protobuf (for the core messages) which contains preprocessor check for protoc version.

But I may just reimplement RemoteClient in my case, the protocol looks simple (and documented in the code).

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: May 20, 2018, 07:53:09 am »

I'm not sure you need RemoteClient.h - that might be for dfhack-run. I would try using the CoreProtocol proto file to generate files for whatever language you're using and use those.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: May 20, 2018, 09:56:12 am »

Remoteclient is used for remotefortressreader, isoworld, and stonesense.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: May 20, 2018, 04:40:45 pm »

Is there a way to show magma or water being present in caverns from the embark screen? Been using embark-assistant so I know that there will be magma in a certain range but I don't know which tile it's present in which makes it harder for me to determine where exactly I want to embark.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: May 21, 2018, 03:00:43 am »

Is there a way to show magma or water being present in caverns from the embark screen? Been using embark-assistant so I know that there will be magma in a certain range but I don't know which tile it's present in which makes it harder for me to determine where exactly I want to embark.
You *could* use embark-assistant to look for single tile embarks with magma pipes as a rather heavy handed way to locate which tile the pipe is in. Apart from that, I don't think there are any ready made scripts for it, so you'd have to roll your own.

When it comes to cavern water I don't know if there is a way to determine if water will appear (apart from embarking and looking at what DF generated, discard the probe embarks until a desirable one is found and then embark "properly"). There is a parameter for the probability of water being present, and I know water will not be present if it's below 10. However, there is no value that guarantees water will be present.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: May 21, 2018, 11:19:34 am »

You *could* use embark-assistant to look for single tile embarks with magma pipes as a rather heavy handed way to locate which tile the pipe is in. Apart from that, I don't think there are any ready made scripts for it, so you'd have to roll your own.

When it comes to cavern water I don't know if there is a way to determine if water will appear (apart from embarking and looking at what DF generated, discard the probe embarks until a desirable one is found and then embark "properly"). There is a parameter for the probability of water being present, and I know water will not be present if it's below 10. However, there is no value that guarantees water will be present.

Hmm... A roundabout way of going about things but that would be viable, find a spot I like normally then run embark-assistant with the 1x1 designation to figure out where it is to maximize getting the resources I wanted. I only brought up the cavern water as I thought it was odd you could search for magma in the caverns, water down to brook, but not water in caverns. Thank ya kindly.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.44.09-r1
« Reply #1079 on: May 22, 2018, 01:46:31 am »

Digging this back up regarding temperature testing:
You don't need to teleport an adventurer around for Isoworld, as far as I can determine (I'm not familiar with it, so I've just taken a quick look), but it looks like it uses DF exported maps for starters, and except for site maps, those maps only go down to the mid tile level, not the in-game one, and for that level you can just use pre embark manipulation to shift focus.
Turns out it was related to a script Bearskie uses to stitch together whole maps. He recently mentioned it in the IsoWorld thread, but I'm not sure if he's posted it anywhere.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 243