Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 243

Author Topic: DFHack 50.13-r1  (Read 812013 times)

Aelwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.44.12-r2
« Reply #1800 on: June 29, 2019, 08:01:28 am »

Is there a way to edit, modify appearance with DFHACK? I mean those descritions: "He is tall/short. His hair is curvy/straight" and so on.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: June 29, 2019, 08:32:11 am »

I believe all of that information has been mapped, which means it should be possible to use gui/gm-editor to modify it. I don't know if there are any scripts specifically for it, though.

Aelwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: June 29, 2019, 10:53:23 am »

I believe all of that information has been mapped, which means it should be possible to use gui/gm-editor to modify it. I don't know if there are any scripts specifically for it, though.
I don't know where to find it.

I use gm-editor, find appearance - bp-modifier and then I see numbers.
0 98
1 95
2 92...

What do they mean?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: June 29, 2019, 01:43:10 pm »

I don't know where to find it.

I use gm-editor, find appearance - bp-modifier and then I see numbers.
0 98
1 95
2 92...

What do they mean?
It's probably related to the body parts defined by the raws in some way. I haven't mucked around in this area so I don't know any details.
There's something called Dwarf Portrait (included in the LNP) that seems to make sense of some related info, so I guess the code of that might provide some clues.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: June 29, 2019, 02:19:51 pm »

In order to make sense of that list, you need to also read the associated creature raw, which has some tables setting what the numbers do.

Atkana

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: June 30, 2019, 02:20:50 am »

Is there a way to edit, modify appearance with DFHACK? I mean those descritions: "He is tall/short. His hair is curvy/straight" and so on.
I made a modification to gui/gm-unit a while back for editing appearances which can be found in my DF dumping repo :p

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: July 03, 2019, 01:14:39 pm »

I'm trying to write a script which at some point obtains and identifies the current viewscreen (the inbuilt kind, not screens produced by DFHack) using dfhack.gui.getCurViewscreen(). I now want the script to wait for the player to close this particular viewscreen before running a function. What I can't figure out is how to make the function run when the viewscreen is closed. Any ideas for how to go about this?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: July 03, 2019, 05:26:25 pm »

Using a variable within the script combined with the SC_VIEWSCREEN_CHANGED argument to the dfhack.onStateChange callback

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: July 04, 2019, 02:06:17 am »

Using a variable within the script combined with the SC_VIEWSCREEN_CHANGED argument to the dfhack.onStateChange callback

That worked perfectly! Thanks!

nimbus25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: July 04, 2019, 07:21:55 pm »

Is there any way to convert a tile into a specific soil type? I embarked in a super specific location thinking it would have sand but apparently the "sand" was just sandy loam and completely worthless.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: July 05, 2019, 04:20:40 am »

Is there any way to convert a tile into a specific soil type? I embarked in a super specific location thinking it would have sand but apparently the "sand" was just sandy loam and completely worthless.
Experimenting, it turns out to be surprisingly easy to do with the Biome Manipulator http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=164658.0. Start the fortress, invoke the Biome Manipulator and change ("morph") the offending geo biome layer from sandy loam to the kind of sand you want. Note that you should probably save and reload DF to make sure DF does recalculate things properly, and I'd also make a backup of the save before manipulating it to have something to return back to if things go horribly wrong. Also note that your embark may have multiple (geo) biomes or the geo biome of a neighboring world tile, so you may need to search around the neighborhood to find the right geo biome to manipulate.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: July 05, 2019, 07:11:04 am »

The built-in "changelayer" command might also work for this. "tiletypes" contains some support for changing single vein tiles, I think, but I'm not sure if it can change individual soil tiles.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: July 05, 2019, 08:11:56 am »

I don't think you can change single tiles, because it seems the tile itself doesn't specify the material, but rather references the layer  that does that (and, I presume, vein and inclusion to use, when appropriate). Thus, it ought to be possible to swap a single tile to belong to a different layer that's still present in the geo biome, but not something that's not present.

However, given its name (I didn't know about it, and haven't looked at what it does), it sounds like "changelayer" would be the easiest tool to use in this situation.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: July 05, 2019, 09:38:17 am »

Though builder doesn't place soils in drop-down box, you can place individual tiles with it. However, the lack of placement may be very well justified by how sand mineral walls are not acceptable options for sand collection, and changing tiletype to soil changes material to layer material.

Haven't checked whether soil mineral walls are acceptable for plant growth, but I suspect not.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: July 06, 2019, 10:05:45 am »

Though builder doesn't place soils in drop-down box, you can place individual tiles with it. However, the lack of placement may be very well justified by how sand mineral walls are not acceptable options for sand collection, and changing tiletype to soil changes material to layer material.

Haven't checked whether soil mineral walls are acceptable for plant growth, but I suspect not.
I've taken a look at "builder", and it seems it creates walls from veins/inclusions, and that DF doesn't actually reference the veins and inclusions in the geo biome for the actual data, but rather creates a local list for the tile block to draw from (and presumably this list was drawn from the geo biome when DF generated the block). There's nothing except script selection logic that blocks the creations of soil "vein" walls, and it was possible to create a "milk of lime" vein floor with the script. Changing a floor tile to be a red sand vein floor (after removing the script part that blocks selection of soils) results in a floor tile that's not suitable for sand collection nor farm plot placement, presumably because it's not actually a natural floor.

Thus, it seems you can only create sand that can be collected by changing a layer material in the geo biome.
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 243