Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 243

Author Topic: DFHack 50.13-r1  (Read 810149 times)

Omemega The seal

• Bay Watcher
  • If you are bleeding Seal will end your living
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.44.12-r2
« Reply #1920 on: October 19, 2019, 02:17:51 pm »

how can i give me a back pack on adventure mode? i Lost mine and i have been 9 days on that run
Seals are just OP!,*Flops away*

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: October 20, 2019, 04:16:24 am »

So, a thought occurs to me, recarding persistent data, persist-tables, it's limitation of only storing strings and json:

Anything limiting/stopping encoding all your script's data into a json, setting it in 1 persistent key's value, then decoding on retrivial?

@Roses: Btw, instead of patching quicksave, I found this example

Code: [Select]
repeat -time 1 -timeUnits frames -command [ ":lua if df.global.ui.main.autosave_request and not already_saved then dfhack.persistent.save({key='testname',value='hi'}) print('autosave request') already_saved = true end" ] -name autodetectto save persistent data before save goes through in one test, i.e. the testname is set after kill+restart. Not sure if it is useful or always happens, but an idea.

@Heretic: iirc army coords are on the scale of 9 tiles in 1x1 embark, the so-called mid-level. Toady mentions it in FotF somewhere in 2018 iirc.

Also, for teleporting over grand distances, Bearskie's mapdragon.lua for mapping whole world with isoworld might be helpful starting point.

@Omemega The Seal:

Try gui/create-item?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 05:51:10 am by Fleeting Frames »

Silverwing235

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: October 20, 2019, 08:33:28 am »

Not certain what else to do, so: Updated AV recently, and it's DFHack that blares the following at me upon every (LNP-organised) DF startup since:
Quote from: DFHack
Warning: Plugin RemoteFortressReader compiled for DFHack 0.44.12-r2-80-gc793b101, running DFHack 0.44.12-r2-0-g315852a2

Apologies for disturbing JapaMala's self-care routine over this.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: October 20, 2019, 05:07:44 pm »

That's a harmless warning. As long as the actual dwarf fortress version matches, which it does, things should be fine.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: October 21, 2019, 07:27:34 am »

Another thing - need to teleport adventurer to world coords. How can i do it? teleport.lua work only inside one global tile for me.
okey, i found a solution - questport works fine. But i can't make it teleport for choosen numbers coords on global map, not by q-menu. Can somebody help please?
what you want is an old script made by warmist that used waypoints for teleporting for a selected destination but from what I remember it hasn't been updated.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Atkana

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: October 28, 2019, 12:17:07 pm »

Is the need_type for praying / meditating supposed to be "PrayOrMedidate", or is that a typo in the structures / the game itself? And if I were to be submitting some scripts to the repo sometime soon should I still keep the current value in, or pre-emptively change them?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: October 28, 2019, 02:26:51 pm »

It's a typo in structures (it's also a 4-year-old typo - nice catch!).

if I were to be submitting some scripts to the repo sometime soon should I still keep the current value in, or pre-emptively change them?
Changing the names of existing enum items is always painful for this reason. I've fixed it in df-structures, and it doesn't look like any of our code uses this name. For the purposes of something that you want included in the next DFHack release, I would use the new name - but this means that you'll have to change it to use the old name for 0.44.12-r2. I'll try my best to get a DFHack release out soon-ish, but that hasn't happened for several months now...
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: October 28, 2019, 03:12:14 pm »

Hm, while we're speaking of structures anyway, any idea what's the minimum change to convert 43.03 units.xml unit from struct-type to class-type? It just spits errors at me (such as unit has no .name) if I just change the type as in the commit that changed it and add the three virtual methods, and don't want to paste wholesale since that'll break plugins relying on old relationship compounds.

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: October 28, 2019, 03:24:19 pm »

I need plugin that make sentient creatures (example trolls) milkable.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: October 28, 2019, 03:40:29 pm »

You've posted this 3 times in this thread and created your own thread, and I'm thinking maybe nobody's interested.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: October 28, 2019, 04:42:40 pm »

You've posted this 3 times in this thread and created your own thread, and I'm thinking maybe nobody's interested.
I will stop only when someone make this.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: October 28, 2019, 11:20:49 pm »

You could also try looking up some documentation and existing scripts, then writing one yourself.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: October 29, 2019, 08:54:54 am »

I will stop only when someone make this.
If you don't stop pestering people with unreasonable demands to satisfy your whims for modded games with limited to no utility for anyone else someone will probably request that you're banned from the forum. The only thing you achieve by your repeated posting all over the place is to annoy people. Asking once (nicely, as is the English custom, as opposed to the brutal directness of your supposed native language) is fine. No response means no interest/no relevant knowledge.

Your demands are unreasonable:
- People who DO help writing scripts for others do so in their own time and when the issue is of at least some interest to them, in particular if it's an easy task.
- The number of people who care about or are interested in your particular demand is probably very small (around 0).
- A plugin is a substantial effort up from a script and would either have to be accepted into DFHack (unlikely, given that it has no usability at all in vanilla DF), in which case you'd have to wait until a new DFHack release is made (which may take many months), or the setup of development environments for all OS/bitness versions DF is provided in, and then provided through links to repositories. That's a lot of work for someone who stomps in with a demand of no general interest.
- If you want extremely niche utilities you'll either have to find someone with similar interests to help you, or learn to provide those tools yourself.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: October 30, 2019, 05:02:52 am »

like with dfhack's item spawning you can produce unlimited amounts of liquid milk in any container you want and probably attach the milk origins to any person, though I think no one here probably too keen on wanting to use dfhack to force sapient folks into milking factories... when one could just craft milk via modding... that said kinda wonder how the whole process of milking works in adventure mode to some what improve on the advfort stuff.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: October 30, 2019, 09:35:35 am »

like with dfhack's item spawning you can produce unlimited amounts of liquid milk in any container you want and probably attach the milk origins to any person, though I think no one here probably too keen on wanting to use dfhack to force sapient folks into milking factories... when one could just craft milk via modding... that said kinda wonder how the whole process of milking works in adventure mode to some what improve on the advfort stuff.
In advfort - haven't tested but general idea is this: create just enough df stuff that it's job handling logic takes over and then if player presses "pass time" it controls your char as if it's one of the fort mode dwarves (well more like your units ) and does all the complicated stuff. And that fails in many ways (e.g. plant gathering... have no idea why it does not work). Sometimes you need to setup a lot more stuff than other times (e.g. fill out various references)...

Anyway my newest attempt at "job creation utils" is here but it looks very bad already :< need to revisit all this job thing (for my undead doing the dirty jobs for you mod)
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 243