Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 242

Author Topic: DFHack 50.12-r3  (Read 806434 times)

Atkana

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST]
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.43.05-r2
« Reply #195 on: August 03, 2017, 03:07:20 am »

So back to my original point/problem: Anyone got a preferred goto dummy product they use for their reactions-that-actually-trigger-eventful?

I use
Code: [Select]
[PRODUCT:0:1:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:WATER][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:2000]
with code that cancels the creation with "call_native.value=false"
Huh, so it'll still trigger even if the reaction's only product has a 0% chance of being made? If so, is it actually necessary to cancel the creation with code?
Probably not :P
Okay, so I finally got around to trying this out and it seems (at least based on my tests using DFhack 0.43.05-r2):
  • 0% Probability Products won't cause it to trigger (I assume something ultimately has to be made)
  • For whatever reason, call_native is nil so I can't use it to cancel an 100% chance reaction
:(
Though I guess if I have the product be a minor amount of water, and it doesn't have a container it'll just splash on the ground when it's produced?
Fake edit: Nope, it gets stored in the workshop

I hate Fortress Mode modding  :'(

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 03, 2017, 05:40:31 am »

Me too. The raws modding too :P.

Can you print all the args to lua? I.e.
function reaction() local args={...}; printall(args); end

Atkana

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 03, 2017, 06:10:23 am »

Oh derp I didn't think to do that when trying to work stuff out.
It only receives 6 args, where the 7th should be the call_native: 1 is a reaction, 2 is a reaction product item table, 3 is a unit, 4 is a table of items, 5 is a table of reaction reagents, 6 is a table of items.

Maybe it's something related to the reaction using a custom building? That's the only thing I could think of that deviates slightly from the norm.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 03, 2017, 08:23:03 am »

Someone told me this mod adds a little bit of mouse functionality for some menus - any chance that extends to the conversation menus in Adventure Mode? Those things are infuriating to scroll through after awhile.
mousequery only deals with the fortress mode map. Don't the adventure mode menus have search functionality built-in in vanilla DF?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

argh226

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 03, 2017, 08:33:46 am »

Hi all,

I don't know if it has been mentioned but I might have found something odd with planning tool.

I use labormanager and planning tool and once in a while, for some reason it don’t place item anymore, even if I have it.  I think the trigger is when I use the alert and burrow to get all dwarves inside and once the gate close, I release the alert and it stops working.  Not 100% sure tho...

I would also add something else, labormanager doesn't work very well with hauler... it’s a low priority that I have to switch to autolabor once in a while to get everything laying around.

Btw dfhack does make this game far much enjoyable! :)

Wiking

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 03, 2017, 08:50:55 am »

I'm having some problems getting the autofarm plugin to work properly for me, so I was wonder what am I doing wrong?
Using latest dfhack 0.43.05-r2

Using this command:
autofarm threshold 200 helmet_plump tail_pig pod_sweet rye vine_whip grass_wheat_cave
autofarm start

For some reason autofarm doesnt see my Pig Tails, Cave wheat and Whip Vines, even though I have 300+ of each.
(it shows current:0 for those three)

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 03, 2017, 08:55:14 am »

I have no actual idea for that pluging, but a lot of scripts and plugins are case sensitive, i.e. you need to type RYE etc.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 03, 2017, 09:06:19 am »

autofarm is a script. Also, given that the console output contains "RYE", while the command contains "rye", I don't think case-sensitivity is the issue.

Hi all,

I don't know if it has been mentioned but I might have found something odd with planning tool.

I use labormanager and planning tool and once in a while, for some reason it don’t place item anymore, even if I have it.  I think the trigger is when I use the alert and burrow to get all dwarves inside and once the gate close, I release the alert and it stops working.  Not 100% sure tho...

I would also add something else, labormanager doesn't work very well with hauler... it’s a low priority that I have to switch to autolabor once in a while to get everything laying around.

Btw dfhack does make this game far much enjoyable! :)

Is labormanager relevant to the issue here? ab9rf (the person who wrote labormanager) says she hasn't had issues with it interfering with buildingplan, but you can check it by running "unload labormanager" and see if the issue persists.

Also, providing a save would be really helpful. So far nobody with this issue has provided a save, which makes it hard to figure out what the issue is.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

argh226

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 03, 2017, 12:01:39 pm »

Will do that and provide a save for the next time.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 03, 2017, 02:50:27 pm »

Oh derp I didn't think to do that when trying to work stuff out.
It only receives 6 args, where the 7th should be the call_native: 1 is a reaction, 2 is a reaction product item table, 3 is a unit, 4 is a table of items, 5 is a table of reaction reagents, 6 is a table of items.

Maybe it's something related to the reaction using a custom building? That's the only thing I could think of that deviates slightly from the norm.
It shouldn't matter. In fact ALL my reactions use custom buildings. Hmm maybe something broke and nobody noticed?

gnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 04, 2017, 04:59:23 am »

Someone told me this mod adds a little bit of mouse functionality for some menus - any chance that extends to the conversation menus in Adventure Mode? Those things are infuriating to scroll through after awhile.
mousequery only deals with the fortress mode map. Don't the adventure mode menus have search functionality built-in in vanilla DF?
Search functionality is only in the deeper conversation menus like if you're picking from a list of incidents to summarize - but it isn't available nor would it be useful at the base menu where you select the main options. What bothers me is like when I want to ask a lot of people the same thing, and so every time I have to type the + or - key x amount of times to get to the option I want, and I have to do this a thousand times until I find someone who has the information I need. Thanks for the response, though, just checking.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 07:59:31 am by gnome »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 04, 2017, 08:22:25 am »

Search functionality is only in the deeper conversation menus like if you're picking from a list of incidents to summarize - but it isn't available nor would it be useful at the base menu where you select the main options. What bothers me is like when I want to ask a lot of people the same thing, and so every time I have to type the + or - key x amount of times to get to the option I want, and I have to do this a thousand times until I find someone who has the information I need. Thanks for the response, though, just checking.
Which ones aren't "deeper"? I'm getting this after I choose a person to talk to, which has a filter:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Are you just referring to the first menu where you can choose who to talk to?

gnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 04, 2017, 11:05:59 am »

Which ones aren't "deeper"? I'm getting this after I choose a person to talk to, which has a filter:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Are you just referring to the first menu where you can choose who to talk to?
Yes the first menu is what I'm referring to. What I'm really talking about with the mouse is really probably only for the sake of shaving off a few seconds per encounter (which does add up, mind you), but when applied to the aforementioned "deeper" menus I'm sure there'd be a lot of benefit in that area as well. Or hotkeys to each option like in the combat menu would be great, that way doing simple things where you often remember the hotkey for it would go by so much quicker. Like asking people permission to stay the night. It just gets a little tedious and it makes my eyes sore.

Nilsou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 04, 2017, 06:22:31 pm »

Hi ! Just to know. Is diggingInvaders included in Dfhack currently ? Documentation say yes, some folks on forum say yes when i asked here :
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=165077.0

But the dedicated thread say no (no response since 2014) : http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=127116.msg7527593#new
The files from dfhack does not include a plugin of this name and the command is not recognised in game ...

Did i miss something ?

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 05, 2017, 02:37:17 am »

The source is here. But it is not compiled because this line is commented. The change was made by this commit.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 242