Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 243

Author Topic: DFHack 50.13-r1  (Read 809448 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.44.12-r2
« Reply #1950 on: November 01, 2019, 12:54:23 pm »

Yes. And wait, I think I got confused with a different error, it does compile but segfaults when looking at unit and using gui/gm-editor (confirmed this by compile, check, revert, check again).

Of course, given can't include the vmethods anyway the point is moot.
Oh, if it's crashing when you're reading "name", that's a different problem. Since name is the first field, struct-type vs. class-type is probably what's causing it. You have to use struct-type in 0.43.03 or class-type in 0.43.05; flipping those will cause crashes.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: November 05, 2019, 07:40:37 am »

so it's possible to add more retired or ruin sites to the embark menu through the old_sites, old_site_x, old_site_y though this did lead to a weird bit of the game having me reclaim a non ruin site than unretiring it, this does open the door to just playing an adventurer's camp site in fort mode
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: November 07, 2019, 07:17:13 am »

How make incubator workshop by DFhack?

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: November 07, 2019, 08:34:33 am »

This could work (based on me being able to make unfertilized eggs hatch in a tick and Rumrusher's similar experiments with vermin eggs): Have a job that takes an egg, and outputs that same egg.

Then add onJobCompleted hook that gets the output item (egg), then sets egg's incubation_counter to 100800 (or 100799, both work) and .egg_flags fertile to true.

I guess you might and could add a initialization hook to make sure the job takes long time to complete (though thirst/hunger/sleep prevents you normally from using whole three months it'd take normally).

(PS: Also noticed it's possible to add some tags to offspring on egg item, such as marking them for butchering the moment they're born. Neat!)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 08:36:43 am by Fleeting Frames »

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: November 07, 2019, 09:46:04 am »

This could work (based on me being able to make unfertilized eggs hatch in a tick and Rumrusher's similar experiments with vermin eggs): Have a job that takes an egg, and outputs that same egg.

Then add onJobCompleted hook that gets the output item (egg), then sets egg's incubation_counter to 100800 (or 100799, both work) and .egg_flags fertile to true.

I guess you might and could add a initialization hook to make sure the job takes long time to complete (though thirst/hunger/sleep prevents you normally from using whole three months it'd take normally).

(PS: Also noticed it's possible to add some tags to offspring on egg item, such as marking them for butchering the moment they're born. Neat!)

You can go one step forward and the job would only add the egg to the building (and maybe disable jobs on that building?) and then speed up the egg incubation with periodic kicks to the timer. Though not sure what will happen if egg inside the building hatches :D

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: November 07, 2019, 10:02:39 am »

I expect same thing when egg inside nestbox hatches.

If using periodic kicks, might want to make it a magma workshop and forbid the egg.

Though should try to get the most basic form working first.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: November 07, 2019, 10:05:30 am »

You can go one step forward and the job would only add the egg to the building (and maybe disable jobs on that building?) and then speed up the egg incubation with periodic kicks to the timer. Though not sure what will happen if egg inside the building hatches :D

having done this in adventure mode you can instantly construct a unit this way

though this also has the affect of making vermin creatures so one could hatch a fairy and ...after one raise the baby they would be able to talk and do jobs.
"body swapping and YOU!"

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: November 07, 2019, 10:20:38 am »

I not understand how write scripts. And currently not need long incubation period. Just reaction that make creatures from eggs (bigger stack - more creatures) will be fine too. But this one reaction must work with all types of eggs, I want breed kobolds and harpies (and antmen, amphibian men, reptile men and serpent men). 

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: November 07, 2019, 09:55:14 pm »

so far uhh doing this in fort mode is tricky as advfort breaks the item requirements needed for eggs and it seems like The eggs slowly incubate themselves in adventure mode.
"body swapping and YOU!"

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: November 08, 2019, 03:42:45 am »

How see ID of dead unit? I want back someone to live.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: November 08, 2019, 12:25:59 pm »

"lua print(unit.id)" with the unit selected (e.g. in the dead units tab)

If you're using the full-heal script, you can just run it with the unit selected. You don't need to find the ID first.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Tentacle Demon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: November 17, 2019, 07:43:03 am »

Exist any way to tranfrorm tamed/dead vermin into creature vermin?

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: November 20, 2019, 05:10:18 pm »

Is it possible to add a new folder search location to DFHack so that it will looks for scripts in raw/blah/ in addition to raw/scripts/?

mwanafalsafa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: November 23, 2019, 09:25:00 am »

I've tried using the "emigration enable" script on a couple fortresses. It immediately causes a huge portion of my dwarves to emigrate. This includes many with negative stress, but not certain dwarves with extremely high stress (on one occasion the exact dwarf I was hoping would emigrate). I assume this is not how the script is intended to work.

I have DF v0.44.12 and DF v0.44.12-r2. I am running on Mac OS X, so I entered the command in the OS Terminal window that pops up whenever I start the game. The only thing I've modded outside of what DFHack does is edit the raw for Stress Vulnerability of dwarves, making them less vulnerable to stress. (I did this before generating the worlds.)

Any ideas?

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: November 25, 2019, 07:20:15 am »

Is it possible to add a new folder search location to DFHack so that it will looks for scripts in raw/blah/ in addition to raw/scripts/?
Yes: search for "addScriptPath" in https://dfhack.readthedocs.io/en/stable/docs/Lua%20API.html
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 243