Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 243

Author Topic: DFHack 50.13-r1  (Read 809765 times)

520farmer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.44.12-r2
« Reply #1980 on: December 12, 2019, 08:54:51 pm »

I'm trying to install dfhack 0.34.11-r3 with dwarf fortress 34.11 on an old old old IBM thinkpad that will only support 32-bit ubuntu mate and i cannot get it to run. The main goal for me is to try and get dwarf therapist or something similar working. I've gone through ever thing i can find online to fix it, please, send help!!

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: December 13, 2019, 12:20:14 am »

A quick search of "starter pack 34.11" gives this thing on dffd: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=8990

Search for linux 34.11 additionally gives http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=8692 and http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=6702

Haven't tested though, but did these not work for you?

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: December 13, 2019, 09:24:31 pm »

I'm trying to install dfhack 0.34.11-r3 with dwarf fortress 34.11 on an old old old IBM thinkpad that will only support 32-bit ubuntu mate and i cannot get it to run. The main goal for me is to try and get dwarf therapist or something similar working. I've gone through ever thing i can find online to fix it, please, send help!!

In terms of files I'd use the originals since the links are still available (haven't confirmed downloads myself)

DF: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/df_34_11_linux.tar.bz2
DFHack: https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases/download/0.34.11-r3/dfhack-0.34.11-r3-Linux.tar.gz

After unpacking and copying the dfhack files across to the df folder open up a terminal in the location of the 'dfhack' file and try to run it - ./dfhack - should be some feedback if it doesn't work.  Best background reference is http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Installation which covers most likely df issues.

Beyond that it is up to you to provide some more information than 'it doesn't work'  ;).

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: December 15, 2019, 10:43:00 pm »

I'm trying to track down and kill the world's last werebeast. It's not in its lair though, and I can't find it in the surrounding wilderness. Is there a command I can use to locate it?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: December 17, 2019, 04:53:06 pm »

I'm looking to generate a list of positions based on certain criteria when the fortress map is loaded (e.g. all surface positions, all cavern positions, etc...). Is there a more efficient way to go about it than just brute forcing through each tile? I can get all the surface tiles fairly quickly by starting at the top in a corner, going down in z until I go underground, and then starting from that z in the next tile over and iterating through all the x,y pairs that way. But getting all cavern positions would require going through potentially millions of tiles, which I'd rather avoid if possible.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: December 17, 2019, 05:41:00 pm »

I'm trying to run DF 0.44.12 with DFhack on my phone using Exagear. It crashes whenever I try to load a world (Arena loads fine, though). It doesn't crash when I copy the installation to my computer, which probably means it's a problem with Exagear or something.

--snip--
Invoking: warn-starving
I would try removing or renaming "onLoad.init-example" and see if that helps.

If the suggestions above don't help, we'll need more details to help you. For example: what instructions have you followed? What files did you download (links would help) and where did you put them?

I'm trying to track down and kill the world's last werebeast. It's not in its lair though, and I can't find it in the surrounding wilderness. Is there a command I can use to locate it?
Not as far as I know. You could probably find it through lua (or gui/gm-editor) but I'm not familiar enough with adventurer mode to know exactly where to look.

I'm looking to generate a list of positions based on certain criteria when the fortress map is loaded (e.g. all surface positions, all cavern positions, etc...). Is there a more efficient way to go about it than just brute forcing through each tile? I can get all the surface tiles fairly quickly by starting at the top in a corner, going down in z until I go underground, and then starting from that z in the next tile over and iterating through all the x,y pairs that way. But getting all cavern positions would require going through potentially millions of tiles, which I'd rather avoid if possible.
Not that I know of. That's why things like "reveal" are implemented in C++.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: December 17, 2019, 05:47:49 pm »

Thanks.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: December 17, 2019, 09:12:14 pm »

There's some data structures that might be relevant:

df.global.features.map_features[#].layer, although I'm not sure what the number means.
df.global.world.map.map_block_columns.cave_columns[#][#].item - anon_2 seems like it could be z-level, looking at values and comparing them with embark's (internal) surface zlevel.

It was a while ago,but iirc when I deleted the bottom/right edges in 1x1 embark, I only got wildlife from top and left edges, so might be relevant for areas the game considers pathable.

PS: Also, it's faster to use dfhack.maps.getTileFlags(x,y) than block.designation[x%16][y%16]. Though ultimately it seems it's about the number of calls; recently managed to cut down time taken by 20ish% just by replacing text .. tostring(number) with text .. number in a bit of code when dealing with maps.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 11:03:40 am by Fleeting Frames »

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: December 18, 2019, 06:24:15 am »

There's some data structures that might be relevant:

df.global.features.map_features
  • .layer, although I'm not sure what the number means.

:
Layer typically indicates whether it's Surface, Cavern 1, Cavern 2, Cavern 3, Magma Sea or none of those (if it's a specific feature, such as e.g. a volcano/magma pipe, or a candy spike, etc.). However, that's not useful for Roses' purposes, as it doesn't specify the exact extents of the corresponding Layer feature (this is probably generated from seeds when the in-game tiles are generated).

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: December 18, 2019, 11:24:10 am »

Exact extents would be nice, but if you can know an appropriate z-level then checking nearby tiles ought to be much quicker than every z-level.

A quick check shows that finding and printing 156k (~67,85 embark tiles) marked priority 4 downstair designations takes me about 11? secs without doing anything else with them, and under 2 secs without printing, and under half a second for something nonexistent (like priority 5 downstairs), while iterating through all blocks (though probably could be rewritten to be more efficient as it was done before I knew about .maps functions being faster - in any case, it was 11870 blocks total on map). Even the first value is probably acceptable if annoying if it's just on load, and could be potentialy spread out via dfhack.timeout.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 11:26:35 am by Fleeting Frames »

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: December 18, 2019, 12:01:14 pm »

Tile blocks within a cavern refer to the relevant cavern feature via their global_feature field. So you can assess 16*16 tiles all at once by going through the list of blocks checking for this reference. Then process the tiles within each valid block as required. I did something similar for this script.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 12:16:40 pm by Atomic Chicken »
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: December 18, 2019, 03:37:57 pm »

Thanks all for the responses. It sounds like I can whip something together that does most of what I want using blocks and layers (at least very roughly), but to implement what I want exactly as I was envisioning it probably requires writing a c++ plugin, which I may do at some point, but this was more of a "hey, this would be cool" thought than a "I need this" thought so for now I will try to implement something that's very rough that only takes a few seconds at load.

Romeofalling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Art of Amul
« Reply #1992 on: December 19, 2019, 03:45:07 pm »

I'm running DF on an OSX system, and it was installed via the Lazy Mac Pack. I can't seem to access the GUI version of Workflow, nor find documentation for the hot key in the DFHack docs. Was this feature removed?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: December 20, 2019, 03:24:05 am »

I'm running DF on an OSX system, and it was installed via the Lazy Mac Pack. I can't seem to access the GUI version of Workflow, nor find documentation for the hot key in the DFHack docs. Was this feature removed?

It hasn't been removed for dfhack. Search for "workflow" in your dfhack.init or ask around the Lazy Mac Pack thread. The default is alt-w, but IDK what the LMP has it set to.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 03:31:23 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Romeofalling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Art of Amul
« Reply #1994 on: December 20, 2019, 03:37:28 am »

Thanks!

Totally different question: Are there any more robust collections of stockpile settings for DFHack/stocksettings? One that's been updated to include all the new items from the last year or two?

And if not, where/how would I submit an updated collection of stockpiles?
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 243