Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 243

Author Topic: DFHack 50.13-r1  (Read 811679 times)

NikoKun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.44.12-r3
« Reply #2055 on: February 09, 2020, 11:18:05 pm »

I'm pretty sure revflood worked on constructions in past versions.
revflood hasn't worked for me in ages. It's been broken for several versions now at least. I can't imagine what use it would be, if it didn't work on constructed walls, that's like it's only purpose. heh

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: February 09, 2020, 11:30:22 pm »

revflood hasn't worked for me in ages. It's been broken for several versions now at least. I can't imagine what use it would be, if it didn't work on constructed walls, that's like it's only purpose. heh
It worked for me just now in 0.47.02, and I don't recall seeing it broken before.
That said, its purpose is to replicate the vanilla DF reveal logic (e.g. when reclaiming a site), which ignores constructions last I checked, so it's working as intended. Its logic hasn't changed much since 2014, but maybe DF's has - if someone would like to test reclaiming a site with constructions, feel free to let us know if DF's behavior has changed.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: February 10, 2020, 03:41:00 am »

It worked for me just now in 0.47.02, and I don't recall seeing it broken before.
That said, its purpose is to replicate the vanilla DF reveal logic (e.g. when reclaiming a site), which ignores constructions last I checked, so it's working as intended. Its logic hasn't changed much since 2014, but maybe DF's has - if someone would like to test reclaiming a site with constructions, feel free to let us know if DF's behavior has changed.

The issue in making constructions hide stuff is that when you deconstruct them DF does not reveal the darkness thus making parts of map perma-hidden and broken. IIRC it was an issue some time ago.

Edit: namely this http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=1871 (from sourcecode of reveal.cpp)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 03:42:52 am by Warmist »

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: February 10, 2020, 05:33:47 am »

Interesting, didn't know that.  Can't comment about the intentions or logic of revflood.

A slightly labourious way to hide those tiles is to use the 'hidden' flag in tiletypes, from within tiletypes
Code: [Select]
paint hidden 1

Then run over each tile or brush area you want to hide.  It can be combined with other commands if you want.  paint hidden 0 should be the reverse (reveal) tile command from memory.

A faster option might be using unrevealdesignated for same thing.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: February 10, 2020, 08:16:39 pm »

A couple quick updates:
- There are automated builds available at https://buildmaster.lubar.me/applications/3/overview for anyone who would like to test those (click on the most recent build number, currently "#200210001", to get to it). Note that these really don't work well at the moment, but if people want to test and give us reports of what's broken, we do appreciate it. (Please remember to include the build number in any such reports)
- We have a special domain for documentation now: http://docs.dfhack.org/ (HTTPS may kick in eventually, we'll see). If anyone runs into a broken page or redirects that don't work, please let me know.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
  • Embark Profile Enthusiast, Kitfox & reddit mod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: February 10, 2020, 09:12:49 pm »

These are 0.44.12 (as marked,) or 0.47.02, for clarity?
Team Bug Fix!

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: February 10, 2020, 09:46:52 pm »

They're for 0.47.02 - they use the last Git tag, which makes sense for nightly builds once a DFHack version has been released for a specific DFHack version, but doesn't make as much sense before then :( (but any other DFHack build at this point would also report being a change after "0.44.12-r3", unless manually changed)

dwarffun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Next DFHack version => 0.47 ?
« Reply #2062 on: February 11, 2020, 04:20:09 am »

Hi,

just wanted so say "thanks for a great tool" and ask ... if there could be released some kind like a "minimal alpha" for 0.47.

Due to the new religious stuff my forts keep producing "fun" ... because of dwarfes not able to pray to one god or another god.
I have a population of 19 Dwarfs and a total of about 74(!) deities (not kidding). Dwarfes pray to 5 to 10 gods, and I can't keep up with providing temples to avoid tantrums.

Being able to at least run "remove stress" would be of great help :)

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
  • Embark Profile Enthusiast, Kitfox & reddit mod.
    • View Profile
Re: Next DFHack version => 0.47 ?
« Reply #2063 on: February 11, 2020, 05:42:59 am »

Hi,

just wanted so say "thanks for a great tool" and ask ... if there could be released some kind like a "minimal alpha" for 0.47.

Due to the new religious stuff my forts keep producing "fun" ... because of dwarfes not able to pray to one god or another god.
I have a population of 19 Dwarfs and a total of about 74(!) deities (not kidding). Dwarfes pray to 5 to 10 gods, and I can't keep up with providing temples to avoid tantrums.

Being able to at least run "remove stress" would be of great help :)

That's what the three messages right above yours are about, an early alpha for 0.47.02. I don't know if remove-stress is tested yet.
Team Bug Fix!

dwarffun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Next DFHack version => 0.47 ?
« Reply #2064 on: February 11, 2020, 08:56:54 am »

That's what the three messages right above yours are about, an early alpha for 0.47.02. I don't know if remove-stress is tested yet.

Thanks man. My Grandson just tought an artifact (me) about build artifacts  :D
Finally I would say: remove_stress works as designed.

Psiclops

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: February 12, 2020, 12:12:57 am »

Is there a way to download a win64 build already compiled? I only find the previous version.

HungThir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: February 12, 2020, 04:06:48 am »

They're for 0.47.02 - they use the last Git tag, which makes sense for nightly builds once a DFHack version has been released for a specific DFHack version, but doesn't make as much sense before then :( (but any other DFHack build at this point would also report being a change after "0.44.12-r3", unless manually changed)

when i have packages that introspect their version during build from the most recent git tag, and i need it to be distinctly "a pre-release build of the new version, not a patch on top of the old version", i throw down a tag with a name like [newversion]-alpha0 at the point in the tree where that switchover happened, even though i have no intention of publishing a "[newversion]-alpha0" release (and, later, when the release is ready, it gets tagged "[newversion]")

... aaaand i just went looking through the dfhack tags to see what your naming scheme is, and it looks like you've already done exactly this, carry on  :D

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: February 12, 2020, 09:11:33 am »

... aaaand i just went looking through the dfhack tags to see what your naming scheme is, and it looks like you've already done exactly this, carry on  :D
Yup :) We haven't triggered a build yet since making that tag, though, so the most recent one on BuildMaster still reports "0.44.12-r3" at the moment. Hopefully that will change soon.

Is there a way to download a win64 build already compiled? I only find the previous version.
If you're looking for a test 0.47.02 build, see the 6 posts above yours (noting that it might still be labeled "0.44.12-r3" per this post, but if the build number starts with at least "2002", it should work for 0.47.02). Also note that these builds are very experimental and will probably crash.

Nopenope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: February 12, 2020, 11:58:31 am »

Are there any lines that may come in handy in your .dfhackrc? I was thinking of adding the following after reading the wiki on increasing framerate on Linux:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: February 12, 2020, 07:37:15 pm »

That, uh. May be inadvisable.

Setting nice priority to -20 has a high chance of freezing up your system since all of the important system processes would have very little time to do what they want to do. I would recommend setting it to around -5 or -10.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 243