Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 242

Author Topic: DFHack 50.11-r6  (Read 795564 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.44.12-r3
« Reply #2085 on: February 15, 2020, 06:57:36 pm »

I'm guessing "Rejected" just means that it wasn't chosen as a release, and "Active" means that it hasn't been rejected yet.
"Rejected" means there was an error or the build was cancelled. Some rejected builds still have some downloads available, e.g. https://buildmaster.lubar.me/applications/3/builds/build?buildId=6879 - that's because the Linux builds using GCC 4.8 are currently failing, but everything else is working. Ziusudra's link is useful, but it'll exclude newer builds in this case (this isn't typical, though).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Abadrausar

• Bay Watcher
  • empowering ideas
    • View Profile
    • ♫♪♀HDFPS♂♪♫
« Reply #2086 on: February 15, 2020, 07:42:19 pm »

Thanks! I'll put this up in a GitHub issue so it doesn't get lost.
Thank you!
::: Humble Dwarf Fortress Publishing System ♫♪♀HDFPS♂♪♫ Mods Push Published in DFFD are auto updated in local Players Catalog :::

xZippy

• Bay Watcher
  • ■■ ■■■■ ■■■
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: February 16, 2020, 11:58:19 pm »

How far along is the updated DFHack? Like, percent wise.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: February 17, 2020, 12:27:34 am »

0.47.03 will probably delay it more, but hopefully not a lot more. It really depends on how many issues there are and how much time people have to fix them.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Iliithid

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank You, Friend Computer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: February 17, 2020, 10:40:47 am »

The latest release (as of a few hours ago, I guess) crashes immediately on launching DF. The develop branch that was released in January did too. Not sure what changed, but something is interfering with the game launching properly. I'm using the 32-bit version of DF and Hack, for reference.
"Here's a weapon of ridiculous destructive capability I invented, it is capable of wrecking tons of shit in horrific fashion... now I just need to figure out how to aim it."

That's absurdly dwarven of you, I'm so proud to be here to see it.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: February 17, 2020, 11:17:43 am »

The latest release (as of a few hours ago, I guess) crashes immediately on launching DF. The develop branch that was released in January did too. Not sure what changed, but something is interfering with the game launching properly. I'm using the 32-bit version of DF and Hack, for reference.
We need version numbers of both DF and DFHack to diagnose anything. (I'm also not sure what you mean by "the develop branch" - we released one official build for 0.44.12 in January, and several unstable nightly builds for 0.47.)

Iliithid

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank You, Friend Computer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: February 17, 2020, 04:01:31 pm »

DF version 47.0.3 and DFHack 44.12 r-3, both 32-bit. The issue happened with 47.0.2 and 44.12 r-2 as well. I was trying the nightly builds before that I guess, but I'm less worried about those since they weren't meant to be stable in the first place.

:EDIT: My dumb ass realized that the stable releases are still being put out for the previous DF version. I'll give the new nightly a shot.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 04:05:42 pm by Iliithid »
"Here's a weapon of ridiculous destructive capability I invented, it is capable of wrecking tons of shit in horrific fashion... now I just need to figure out how to aim it."

That's absurdly dwarven of you, I'm so proud to be here to see it.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: February 17, 2020, 06:19:36 pm »

Back when DFHack 0.44.12-r3 was released, 0.44.12 was the newest DF version. We couldn't have supported anything newer than 0.44.12 when it was released, because nothing newer existed.  https://docs.dfhack.org/en/stable/docs/Introduction.html#installing-dfhack has some more details.

https://dfhack.org/builds should have 0.47.03 builds available now, as soon as the build server is back up. Note that we've done pretty much the bare minimum to support 0.47.03 so far, so you may have better luck with an older build for 0.47.02 instead.

Nopenope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: February 18, 2020, 04:13:20 am »

What's a usable plugin to play "mutliplayer" (hotseat screen sharing) these days? Web Fortress hasn't been updated since 2015 and DFTerm3 since 2014. (DFRemote only works on iOS.) Have the structures changed significantly enough since then that it would be nontrivial to port either to .47.xx?

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: February 18, 2020, 04:21:38 am »

What's a usable plugin to play "mutliplayer" (hotseat screen sharing) these days? Web Fortress hasn't been updated since 2015 and DFTerm3 since 2014. (DFRemote only works on iOS.) Have the structures changed significantly enough since then that it would be nontrivial to port either to .47.xx?

Afaik nothing important changed. It's just that they got outdated.

Edit: looked over in more detail (not very much more but a bit more):
  • DfTerm looks okay - it's just a plugin that is not included in dfhack official release. That is a bit annoying to build. Also client is probably haskel(?) which i have no idea how to build
  • WebFort here uses custom plugin with websockets then the client is a simple browser (i.e. it host a page). Easy in theory to update haven't tried it though.

Both of them depend on least changing part of df and/or dfhack: the rendering part so "porting" is just building it to new dfhack.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 04:58:46 am by Warmist »

dwarffun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
DFHack 0.47.03 - 200217005
« Reply #2095 on: February 19, 2020, 11:22:50 am »

There already is feedback for dfhack/tiletypes aquifer on github issues tracker.
Due to not being a developer and not having a github account, my additional info here:

tiletypes aquifer does not work as expected.
The aquifer flag can be set. Obviously the aquifer information exists somehow, because revealing the map and pressing "d" (dig) shows a blue/blinking aquifer area where it was set by tiletypes. But ... dwarfes digging into the aquifer area do not start water flooding the digged tunnel.

I tried this before on a "granite" level. Set tiletypes to range 7/7/1, material soil, shape wall, special normal, aquifer 1. And replaced 7/7 granite by soil aquifer.
Former channeling into the aquifer area created a soil downward slope ... and water. Currently it produces a granite downward slope ... and no water.
It looks like the aquifer and material information is lost, when a tile becomes "digged in/out".

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: February 19, 2020, 11:52:25 am »

This could relate to this bug on the tracker 0011382: Unmarked aquifer embarks spread water from non-aquifer stones , Aquifers on 47.xx seem to not be setting themselves correctly as they'll pick out non-aquifer stones never defined to hold them with buggy responsive behaviour to getting wet.

I would guess that if you made your tileset aquifers wet already by putting a pond zone over them (or just generating water by summoning 3/7's or more) it would start working.

The DFhack observations might be useful for fixing the problem temporarily with main DF via a script or helpful analysis.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.47.03 - 200217005
« Reply #2097 on: February 19, 2020, 12:25:10 pm »

There already is feedback for dfhack/tiletypes aquifer on github issues tracker.
Due to not being a developer and not having a github account, my additional info here:

tiletypes aquifer does not work as expected.
The aquifer flag can be set. Obviously the aquifer information exists somehow, because revealing the map and pressing "d" (dig) shows a blue/blinking aquifer area where it was set by tiletypes. But ... dwarfes digging into the aquifer area do not start water flooding the digged tunnel.

I tried this before on a "granite" level. Set tiletypes to range 7/7/1, material soil, shape wall, special normal, aquifer 1. And replaced 7/7 granite by soil aquifer.
Former channeling into the aquifer area created a soil downward slope ... and water. Currently it produces a granite downward slope ... and no water.
It looks like the aquifer and material information is lost, when a tile becomes "digged in/out".

Are you using 0.47? Aquifers changed significantly in that version, from my understanding, but we haven't made any changes to support that, so any aquifer-related stuff probably won't work well.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: February 19, 2020, 12:32:17 pm »

Adding to lethosor's comment, I'm unaware of any aquifer tiletype issue on github (someone had some idea for something tiletype related in the past, but never came back with an implementation being the closest I could find). There's one for Embark-Tools somehow causes the native DF aquifer UI string to go AWOL, but it has nothing to do with manipulation.

Not only haven't aquifer related changes been made, but the identification of how DF determines the kind of aquifer to use and where the resultant decision is stored haven't been worked out either, so the basics info is still missing.

dwarffun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.47.03 - 200217005
« Reply #2099 on: February 19, 2020, 04:46:49 pm »

Are you using 0.47? Aquifers changed significantly in that version, from my understanding, but we haven't made any changes to support that, so any aquifer-related stuff probably won't work well.

Yes I do. DFHack 0.47.03(alpha0 dev) - 200217005(build) See subject.
Well, it does not crash, so it could be worse :)
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 242