Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 243

Author Topic: DFHack 50.12-r3  (Read 807653 times)

dwarffun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.44.12-r3
« Reply #2100 on: February 19, 2020, 04:51:32 pm »

There's one for Embark-Tools somehow causes the native DF aquifer UI string to go AWOL, but it has nothing to do with manipulation.

https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/issues/1499
Yes, that's the one I thought it might relate. But again, I'm no developer... and might be completely wrong. Nevermind then.

Taras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: February 19, 2020, 11:01:24 pm »

How make reaction with product made of local material of worker who do this reaction?

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: February 20, 2020, 01:15:25 am »

How make reaction with product made of local material of worker who do this reaction?

What do you mean by "local material of worker"?
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

Taras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: February 20, 2020, 02:20:55 am »

What do you mean by "local material of worker"?
Like if serpent man doing this reaction, product made of serpent's man venom, if spider man do this reaction, product made of spider man venom.

Manzeenan

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOWLEARNER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: February 20, 2020, 02:28:40 pm »

I just wanted to say thank you guys for maintaining and improving df-hack, its core to my experience and I'm glad it's still around :)

Nilsolm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: February 20, 2020, 02:59:59 pm »

Is there possibly something wrong with the autogems plugin? It does not appear to be working. Gems are available and there are dwarves assigned to gem cutting, and yet it isn't creating tasks at the workshops. Build ID is  200218004.

Tonren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: February 20, 2020, 03:33:20 pm »

I'm trying to build the current alpha so I can try to build There Will Be Text so I can try out the GemSet graphics pack and currently striking out. I usually play on OS X and Windows, but I'm building on an Ubuntu 18.04 VPS because I'm more comfortable with Linux development. Maybe this is barking up the wrong tree and I should just try to build on Windows or OS X (though I'd rather not OS X since I only have a dinky Air for building anything). When I run cmake .. -G Ninja -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE:string=Release -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/changemewtf/df_linux, cmake fails complaining that CMakeLists.txt doesn't exist in various places, and the error log has the following:

Quote from: build/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log
Determining if the pthread_create exist failed with the following output:
Change Dir: /home/changemewtf/dfhack/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp

Run Build Command:"/usr/bin/ninja" "cmTC_57f82"
[1/2] Building C object CMakeFiles/cmTC_57f82.dir/CheckSymbolExists.c.o
[2/2] Linking C executable cmTC_57f82
FAILED: cmTC_57f82
: && /usr/bin/cc -fvisibility=hidden -mtune=generic -m64 -mno-avx  -rdynamic CMakeFiles/cmTC_57f82.dir/CheckSymbolExists.c.o  -o cmTC_57f82   && :
CMakeFiles/cmTC_57f82.dir/CheckSymbolExists.c.o: In function `main':
CheckSymbolExists.c:(.text+0x1b): undefined reference to `pthread_create'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.

File /home/changemewtf/dfhack/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/CheckSymbolExists.c:
/* */
#include <pthread.h>

int main(int argc, char** argv)
{
  (void)argv;
#ifndef pthread_create
  return ((int*)(&pthread_create))[argc];
#else
  (void)argc;
  return 0;
#endif
}

I see from the DFHack docs pthread is specifically mentioned, and I made sure to compile the latest stable version of cmake from source. But I still got the pthread errors.

Not sure if this would be better off as a GitHub issue; like I said, I'm not even sure if it's supposed to be able to build on a headless Ubuntu installation, so I might try building on Windows later, though the idea of tracking down all those dependencies by hand or becoming an overnight chocolatey expert is not very appealing...

Edit: Just found /u/clinodev's comments on Reddit indicating they might have a successful build running for Windows already... I'll update as I go!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 04:15:23 pm by Tonren »

thurin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: February 20, 2020, 05:21:00 pm »

You can grab a TWBT plugin for the 3 platforms from https://github.com/thurin/df-twbt/releases/tag/0.47.03-alpha0-200218004 that'll work with the 200218004 DFHack build until official builds and starter packs are available.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: February 20, 2020, 06:12:09 pm »

I'm trying to build the current alpha so I can try to build There Will Be Text so I can try out the GemSet graphics pack and currently striking out.
If all you want is a build for 0.47.03, check https://dfhack.org/builds (see a page or two back for more information). If you do want to build it yourself, though:

I see from the DFHack docs pthread is specifically mentioned, and I made sure to compile the latest stable version of cmake from source. But I still got the pthread errors.
Did you install libpthread, though? And did the one you installed match the architecture you're building DFHack for? (e.g. CMake won't pick up on a 32-bit libpthread if you're building 64-bit DFHack.)

Is there possibly something wrong with the autogems plugin? It does not appear to be working. Gems are available and there are dwarves assigned to gem cutting, and yet it isn't creating tasks at the workshops. Build ID is  200218004.
You're sure the plugin is enabled, right? Is it showing up in the "o": standing orders menu?
(Note that all builds are considered unstable at this point, so running into stuff like this isn't unexpected.)
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Nilsolm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: February 20, 2020, 06:54:33 pm »

You're sure the plugin is enabled, right? Is it showing up in the "o": standing orders menu?
(Note that all builds are considered unstable at this point, so running into stuff like this isn't unexpected.)
[/quote]
Never mind, actually. I went back to look at what might be causing it again in the meantime, and the problem turned out to have been related to stockpile setup. The plugin itself seems to be working as intended.

Nopenope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: February 21, 2020, 07:09:30 am »

Just a heads-up, the current DFHack repo is pointing at outdated commits for the submodules isoworld and stonesense. This is important because isoworld was considerably harder to build before BenLubar updated it a month ago.

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: February 22, 2020, 03:24:35 am »

Is it possible to determine whether a script has been called directly from the DFHack console as opposed to onLoad.init?
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: February 22, 2020, 05:58:02 am »

Is it possible to determine whether a script has been called directly from the DFHack console as opposed to onLoad.init?
I would guess:
"dfhack.is_interactive()

Checks if the thread can access the interactive console and returns true or false.
"
from https://dfhack.readthedocs.io/en/stable/docs/Lua%20API.html#enabling-and-disabling-scripts

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: February 22, 2020, 08:52:46 am »

dfhack.is_interactive()

This seems to get the job done; thanks!

hagger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: February 23, 2020, 12:50:57 pm »

Quick note - the "feature" script seems to be broken for me. feature list doesn't return anything, and feature magma tells me that it "Could not find a magma-bearing feature." Map doesn't have a magma pool, so its just the sea, however normally the caverns/etc would be listed as well.

Happy to provide logs/etc - not experiencing any other issues though. Arch 64 bit :)
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 243