Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 243

Author Topic: DFHack 50.12-r3  (Read 808565 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.44.12-r3 | 0.47.03-beta1
« Reply #2265 on: April 02, 2020, 06:09:24 pm »

According to the DFFD description, that DFHack build is from March 22. Several fixes have been made since then, and yes, the new script won't work with the older DFHack.
In other news, I'm basically done with what I wanted to get in for the beta release, other than changelogs, so hopefully it'll arrive tomorrow.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2266 on: April 03, 2020, 01:51:12 pm »

Not sure if this is of interest to people (or maybe it is already known), but in the unit counters unit.counters, the think_counter, controls how fast a unit can shoot a crossbow. Testing in arena, as soon as my dwarf shot the crossbow, think_counter went to 80, if I then manually set it back to 0 the dwarf fired again immediately. It should be possible then to modify firing rates by checking if a projectile has been fired and then setting the units think_counter to a specific level.

thefriendlyhacker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2267 on: April 03, 2020, 08:47:37 pm »

Not sure if this is of interest to people (or maybe it is already known), but in the unit counters unit.counters, the think_counter, controls how fast a unit can shoot a crossbow. Testing in arena, as soon as my dwarf shot the crossbow, think_counter went to 80, if I then manually set it back to 0 the dwarf fired again immediately. It should be possible then to modify firing rates by checking if a projectile has been fired and then setting the units think_counter to a specific level.
A while back (2 years ago, now?), a few people including myself did some dfhackery on this, and there are at least a couple of scripts floating around (including the one in my mod) that will change that counter on the fly to simulate faster firing weapons.
Fallout Equestria Redux - that's right, it's back

Jan Kaspsan

• Escaped Lunatic
  • a human jeweler
    • View Profile
    • /pol/
« Reply #2268 on: April 03, 2020, 09:33:57 pm »

Is there a utility for exporting entities for use between worlds? I've wanted something like that since day 1.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.44.12-r3 | 0.47.04-beta1
« Reply #2269 on: April 04, 2020, 02:07:36 am »

0.47.04-beta1 is up! https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases/tag/0.47.04-beta1
There are a couple small breaking changes in structures to watch out for (related to tagged unions). A lot of stuff is new too.

Please test if you can! I'm hoping to promote 0.47.04 support to stable soon (or put out another beta), and feedback from people testing will help that process quite a lot.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: April 04, 2020, 02:22:03 am »

Is there a utility for exporting entities for use between worlds? I've wanted something like that since day 1.
No, and I don't see how one could be made with a reasonable effort. It might be possible to export the properties of a civ and interrupt world gen as soon as the first civ of that entity_raw is placed and replace the properties of it with those collected, but I don't see any point in doing so. You could probably achieve essentially the same thing by defining an entity_raw with rigidly fixed parameters and specify that there should only be one of these.
Everything in DF is connected to everything else, so transplanting things also means you'd have to somehow transplant the connections by grafting them onto something that might resemble what those of the original.

This assumes "entities" is used in the sense it's used in the DFHack structures.

Jan Kaspsan

• Escaped Lunatic
  • a human jeweler
    • View Profile
    • /pol/
« Reply #2271 on: April 04, 2020, 02:55:47 am »

This assumes "entities" is used in the sense it's used in the DFHack structures.
I meant in reference to historical figures, namely my self-insert garystu adventurer.

Nilsolm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2272 on: April 04, 2020, 05:09:18 am »

If you're interested, go for it! plugins/search.cpp is the place to look - there are a bunch of existing implementations for other screens there already.

Just a heads-up, I am still on it. It should hopefully be done this weekend. I might also look into adding search to a few other screens like the report list, if I can swing it.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2273 on: April 04, 2020, 05:28:37 am »

Use one commit before (as the job re-rename is still not in dfhack). Also I suggest replacing all "local function" to just "function" as it breaks some stuff...
Wait, what? I'm pretty sure I updated structures, and I tested that code snippet to make sure it worked.
Jan: You will have to upgrade DFHack, though - just upgrading the script won't work in this case.
Warmist: could you fix the function declarations when you get a chance? Thanks.

Sorry that i've didn't do it earlier. Just for future reference, if we actually want BenLubar's changes for lua linting (if i understood correctly) then somebody (prob me) needs forward declare functions that are used later.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2274 on: April 04, 2020, 07:52:46 am »

I meant in reference to historical figures, namely my self-insert garystu adventurer.
As with other things in DF, hist figs have ties to other hist figs, sites, entities (civs, etc.), and history, and the items they carry likewise have ties. It would presumably be possible to create a new character in a new word and change it to get the stats of the "exported" one, as well as items that are technically similar to those used originally, but all links will be severed. The transplanted character would either have no history at all if DFHacked in from scratch, or would inherit the history of the character "grafted" onto.
You can't have any history of having visited HillPeak, because HillPeak doesn't exist in the new world (there may be some other HillPeak, but it's another one). Thus, hacking name and stats to resemble the old character can be done with a limited effort, but that's about what's reasonable.

Erendir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2275 on: April 04, 2020, 08:23:09 am »

I was looking at soundsense and discovered there is a soundsense.lua file providing extra information to the gamelog, like repeating season or weather information on SC_WORLD_LOADED. And then I realized there is the extra-gamelog.lua that includes almost all of the features from soundsense.lua, but not all of them.

Is there a reason the part about skills was omitted? (like, "<dwarf_name> is now very rusty <job_name>.")

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2276 on: April 04, 2020, 06:31:59 pm »

So far, the only issue that has been reported is exportlegends failing to generate maps. A fixed version of the script is available here, thanks to Thurin: https://github.com/DFHack/scripts/blob/8618cd0b0a17935fe07f329b249726cda61f5bdf/exportlegends.lua

Sorry that i've didn't do it earlier. Just for future reference, if we actually want BenLubar's changes for lua linting (if i understood correctly) then somebody (prob me) needs forward declare functions that are used later.
Yeah, I was in a hurry and remembered this last-minute before putting up 0.47.04-beta1, but I suspect it's just the function definition order that needs adjusting. Removing "local" was the quickest fix. (We might be able to silence that particular luacheck warning for advfort, too, if that's easier.)

I was looking at soundsense and discovered there is a soundsense.lua file providing extra information to the gamelog, like repeating season or weather information on SC_WORLD_LOADED. And then I realized there is the extra-gamelog.lua that includes almost all of the features from soundsense.lua, but not all of them.

Is there a reason the part about skills was omitted? (like, "<dwarf_name> is now very rusty <job_name>.")
Looking at that script's history, I'm not seeing anything that removed it. It was combined from soundsense-season and log-region, both of which only logged what their names imply.
The other possibility is that the version of the script distributed with Soundsense was modified more recently, and that information never made its way into DFHack's extra-gamelog script. I suggest getting in touch with the Soundsense maintainer(s) to find out if this was the case.

Nilsolm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2277 on: April 05, 2020, 06:17:01 am »

Right, I have managed to make both the conviction and interrogation choices list searchable. So far it seems to be working well, but I'll do some more testing and tidy up the code a bit, then I'll open a PR.

After that, I'll see if I can find out how to make the list of cases on the left side searchable as well.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: April 06, 2020, 12:09:47 am »

I got an error using gui/color-schemes:

Spoiler: Terminal (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Screenshot (click to show/hide)

I put my color palettes in the /raw/colors/ folder.

Edit: Sorry, I tried again from the main menu like the manual says, and the error message went away, but there's still no color schemes showing up in the menu.

Edit 2: Oh, the error only shows up when I try to register my palettes folder.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 12:13:58 am by jecowa »

1eb

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2279 on: April 07, 2020, 09:12:27 am »

Is there a DFHack which supports DF 0.47.04 ? I got an error about an unknown DF version.
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 243