Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 243

Author Topic: DFHack 50.12-r3  (Read 807201 times)

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.47.04-r1
« Reply #2460 on: July 06, 2020, 08:50:32 pm »

Is possible to make genderless creature pregnant by DFhack? How modify 'Catsplosion' script for this? Any way to make genderless creatures (snail man) breed automatic?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: July 06, 2020, 09:07:38 pm »

so far the only result I got from this is getting a designated campsite inhabitant to drag one of my adventurers off their mount to the farmer's workshop but unable to finish the job so they are just continuing dragging this adventurer around.

I wonder what happens at the butcher's workshop.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: July 06, 2020, 09:39:34 pm »

Is possible to make genderless creature pregnant by DFhack? How modify 'Catsplosion' script for this? Any way to make genderless creatures (snail man) breed automatic?
You could try changing this line to
Code: [Select]
    table.insert(females[id], unit)
That would add all units to the "females" list, which is used to attempt to trigger pregnancies later. I'm not sure what will happen, though - it might work, do nothing, crash, or something else (so save first!).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: July 07, 2020, 04:24:12 am »

You could try changing this line to
Code: [Select]
    table.insert(females[id], unit)
That would add all units to the "females" list, which is used to attempt to trigger pregnancies later. I'm not sure what will happen, though - it might work, do nothing, crash, or something else (so save first!).
This does not cause crash. And even create pregnancies, as DFhack told me. But creatures don't give birth, if they are not females or if they lay eggs (I don't try with nestboxes).

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: July 08, 2020, 10:59:27 pm »

I've been continuing work on the DFHack documentation for the past week or so, particularly the more developer-facing docs, in an effort to bring them up to date. https://docs.dfhack.org/en/latest/ currently has my latest changes, particularly https://docs.dfhack.org/en/latest/docs/index-dev.html. I would be glad to hear people's thoughts on these changes and what else needs updating. Some things that are on my list include:

- Documenting the RPC (remote) interface - https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/issues/1574 has some information, and BenLubar put together a description of the format, so this mostly just involves integrating this into the docs
- Documenting tests/continuous integration (we recently switched from Travis to GitHub Actions, so some explanation of what the various jobs running on PRs involve could be useful)
- More comprehensive API documentation for all languages (e.g. modules are mostly only documented for Lua).  This is quite a large undertaking, so will probably take a while.

Anything else stand out to people that could use updating (link again for reference)?

Recent changes to the docs folder (i.e. the source code for most of the documentation) on the develop branch can be found here: https://github.com/dfhack/dfhack/commits/develop/docs
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: July 09, 2020, 01:08:43 am »

<snip>

It's looking really good, I will try and take some time in the next couple of days to really go through in detail, but I'm liking what I am seeing. I don't really have much to say about it right now, but I wanted to make sure I took the time to thank you for your work.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: July 09, 2020, 01:26:04 am »

<snip>

Oh wow. Thanks! This is a huge undertaking.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: July 10, 2020, 11:19:08 pm »

dfHack createunit REPTILE_MAN Male, works  and produces the 'r'. dfHack gui/gm-unit on r, edits it, fine. However, once game is unpaused, the entire game crashes to the desktop.

dfHack add-thought on a tamed war elephant, crashes the game to desktop, if he is chained and cannot find a bed to sleep on. Must use dfHack tame and gui/gm-unit to tame and set war animal flags, for this crashing to occur.

dfHack emptycaged all, will work on a caged entity carrying a book. Book will however become permenantly flagged with the dump flag, D. No dumping will ever occur, as books normally are unable to be flagged. dfHack autodump skips the book, aswell. So does area of effect undumps.

dfHack fixmerchants, has helped me on lost returning raid pets. But not with the forever traveling soldier, bug.

Nothing occurs with that facet command on a unit.

If this stuff has been reported alrdy, I am sorry. Thanks for the great tool.
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: July 11, 2020, 01:02:14 am »

If we can unretire any histfig, why there is no way to embark as necromancer governments?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: July 11, 2020, 03:40:22 am »

@knutor: The reason books aren't dumped is because they're typically marked as Trader, and as long as that flag is set the item won't be touched. Items that can't be dump flagged from the DF UI can't have the flag removed from it either, which is rather reasonable: The UI does not allow manipulation of that flag, so if you use DFHackery to set it you'll have to use DFHackery to reset it (but the flag gets removed once the artifact has been dumped, assuming you used DFHackery to clear the Trader flag).

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: July 11, 2020, 04:05:38 am »

If we can unretire any histfig, why there is no way to embark as necromancer governments?
because adv mode is set up in a way that grabs a historical figure from the poll of histfigs that are flagged for adv mode the script uses the 'unretire function of adventure mode to unretire anyone'
it's probably alot more work to figure out how DF does fort embarks to manipulate that to control who shows up.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: July 11, 2020, 04:57:25 am »

because adv mode is set up in a way that grabs a historical figure from the poll of histfigs that are flagged for adv mode the script uses the 'unretire function of adventure mode to unretire anyone'
it's probably alot more work to figure out how DF does fort embarks to manipulate that to control who shows up.
Just add SITE_CONTROLLABLE to necromancer tower entity. Is this too uneasy for scripting?

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: July 11, 2020, 05:45:19 am »

dfHack createunit REPTILE_MAN Male, works  and produces the 'r'. dfHack gui/gm-unit on r, edits it, fine. However, once game is unpaused, the entire game crashes to the desktop.

dfHack add-thought on a tamed war elephant, crashes the game to desktop, if he is chained and cannot find a bed to sleep on. Must use dfHack tame and gui/gm-unit to tame and set war animal flags, for this crashing to occur.

Hi knutor, please provide the full commands that you used in the above scenarios to help identify the cause. In addition, try to describe exactly what you did with gui/gm-unit.

...why is an elephant trying to sleep on a bed?

I had messed around with fortress mode to a similar effect whilst I was writing the 'unretire-anyone' script. It was definitely possible to embark under a normally unavailable parent civilisation using the same method (i.e. by adding the desired entity to the viewscreen selection). The game gave me starting units of the correct race, with the fort/group naming language and equipment/pet options appropriately corresponding to the selected entity. This worked even for the underground civilisations like amphibian men. However, there was some quirky behaviour such as an inability to assign noble positions and units refusing to pick up axes for woodcutting jobs (even when using a goblin civilisation). I'm not familiar with what it is that modders do to make non-dwarf races playable, but I assume that those sorts of changes would be required to make it work properly.

Embarking as a specific necromancer group isn't technically possible as you create a new entity (a site government) upon embarking (unless unretiring a site); the necromancer group would probably be listed as your parent civilisation, but I have no clue how it'd work out. Also, necromancer groups aren't civilisation type entities, but site governments; this may or may not cause issues. In addition, your embark party wouldn't contain necromancers or undead units without additonal hacking, and any opposed-to-life units would still be hostile to living units. I'm also not sure whether the regular reanimated units are capable of performing jobs.

I had also attempted to directly unretire small non-player sites such as necromancer towers at one point, but never got it to work well.

Just add SITE_CONTROLLABLE to necromancer tower entity. Is this too uneasy for scripting?

It doesn't work like this.
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: July 11, 2020, 08:24:54 am »

Hi knutor, please provide the full commands that you used in the above scenarios to help identify the cause. In addition, try to describe exactly what you did with gui/gm-unit.

...why is an elephant trying to sleep on a bed?

I had messed around with fortress mode to a similar effect whilst I was writing the 'unretire-anyone' script. It was definitely possible to embark under a normally unavailable parent civilisation using the same method (i.e. by adding the desired entity to the viewscreen selection). The game gave me starting units of the correct race, with the fort/group naming language and equipment/pet options appropriately corresponding to the selected entity. This worked even for the underground civilisations like amphibian men. However, there was some quirky behaviour such as an inability to assign noble positions and units refusing to pick up axes for woodcutting jobs (even when using a goblin civilisation). I'm not familiar with what it is that modders do to make non-dwarf races playable, but I assume that those sorts of changes would be required to make it work properly.

Embarking as a specific necromancer group isn't technically possible as you create a new entity (a site government) upon embarking (unless unretiring a site); the necromancer group would probably be listed as your parent civilisation, but I have no clue how it'd work out. Also, necromancer groups aren't civilisation type entities, but site governments; this may or may not cause issues. In addition, your embark party wouldn't contain necromancers or undead units without additonal hacking, and any opposed-to-life units would still be hostile to living units. I'm also not sure whether the regular reanimated units are capable of performing jobs.

I had also attempted to directly unretire small non-player sites such as necromancer towers at one point, but never got it to work well.

It doesn't work like this.
I can embark as amphibian men or goblins even by using just RAW changing, no DFhack. The only exception is generated civs of vault guardians. So I want to test your script.

Civ will not assign nobles, if this civ lack of noble positions (tribes) or have no position without requirements (like dwarven expedition leader) that will appoint other nobles or grow into them.

I only want necromancer entity for embarking with experiments as pets. Script for exporting generated raws from already run world will be fine too. So I can try to add experiment to pet list by ANIMAL definition.

I know - necromancer is syndrome, not specie. But I don't really need necromancers. Starting with them is strange, when playing as necrofortress is possible even in vanilla - if your fortress steal secrets of life and death written in a book. But taming experiments isn't possible. So I want start with them.

Unretiring sites is really good idea! I want this script too. Will you make script that make unretireable small settlements like tower and monastery? Because I want also unretire small structure that is part of big site. Like unretire only Underworld Spire, but not all dark fortress.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: July 11, 2020, 09:01:43 am »

so far in my experience with making the necro site as one of the civs you can start as in fort mode is that the game treats them like any other entity and they don't get any special bonuses
shoot one could say they pull from the main entity they originally come from so a dwarf necro tower will follow dwarf laws and ethics and the human tower will follow human ones and so on.

the big kicker is with the experiment stuff is the way the game made them hardcoded is tied to the historical figure Id number and that makes it so you need to get lucky on the right historical figure number for your experiment raw name or some weird plan like 'post editing the animal tokens so it matches with the experiments the necromancers make.'  would ever work.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 243