Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 243

Author Topic: DFHack 50.13-r1  (Read 812263 times)

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.47.04-r3
« Reply #2625 on: October 13, 2020, 07:23:39 am »

Btw, in embark-assistant it would be nice if there was a way after doing a search to search again using less restrictive search parameters without having to "abort game" and reload the world.  I tried using "cancel/clear find" but it didn't seem to do anything.
The functionality is there...
Cancel aborts a currently ongoing search (you realize after a couple of minutes that you want a different profile, and don't want to wait until the current search is done to try again). Clear just removes the match indicators, as they can be annoying to see when you've already made up your mind.

To search again you go back to the search criteria screen, adjust the criteria, and order a new search, using those.
To try it out, you can do a search and then change the criteria to something really simple (like your 8*8 being non evil, and nothing else) to see that the new search will find a lot of matches.
The "real" use case may be to search for your ideal site and then relax the criteria when you don't find it, or go in the opposite direction when your criteria result in a lot of matches, so you thing you ought to be able to add additional wishes and still get a match.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2626 on: October 13, 2020, 08:18:27 am »

The "real" use case may be to search for your ideal site and then relax the criteria when you don't find it,

That's what I've been trying to do.

If I set the search criteria so that it only takes one change to not provide any results (searching with the "relaxed" search criteria first to ensure that I do get results), and then search with the more "restricted" criteria (resulting in no results), when I go and change the criteria back to the "relaxed" criteria and do a search I don't get any results (even though a previous search with those exact same criteria did yield results).
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2627 on: October 13, 2020, 08:56:59 am »

Also, how many tiles on the pre-embark "Local" map does each tile in biome manipulator represent?  How many on the "Region" map and how many on the "World" map?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2628 on: October 13, 2020, 11:22:51 am »

Apart from the first search being incomplete, I'm not aware of any case where a later search gives a result different from the previous one with exactly the same criteria.

The Biome Manipulator operates on World Tiles, i.e. the ones on the middle map on the pre embark screen. The one to the right mashes several world tiles together in blocks and have those blocks represented by one of the world tiles within the block. The number of world tiles per block depends on the world size, your screen resolution, and "rounding" (some represent larger areas than others due to the number of tiles not being evenly divisible by the tile resolution).

The Local map represents the area within the current world tile, and literally does not exist for any other tile (while playing, a 3*3 world tile area centered on the fortress [and I assume the adventurer] exists). The tiles are generated as they come into focus, and almost all attempts to manipulate them is lost when the focus is moved to another world tile and back again. If you manipulate the tile and then embark without leaving the world tile the changes are frozen into the embark, but I don't think those hacks are retained if you retire and try to embark somewhere else in that world tile.
The Region Manipulator (poorly named) http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=164136.msg7454345#msg7454345 operates on the scale of Mid Level Tiles (the ones on the Local view).

The scale finer that that does not exist until DF generates it at embark (or when an adventurer enters the area).

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2629 on: October 13, 2020, 12:57:03 pm »

Apart from the first search being incomplete, I'm not aware of any case where a later search gives a result different from the previous one with exactly the same criteria.

I'm currently waiting for my confirmation email from DFFD.  When I get it I'll post something demonstrating the problem.

btw,  what would be the best compression format for?  Is tar.bz2 OK?  I'm on a Linux system...

The Biome Manipulator operates on World Tiles, i.e. the ones on the middle map on the pre embark screen.

Ah! So each tile in Biome Manipulator corresponds to one tile in the Region map (the middle map on the pre embark screen).  Thanks!

The Region Manipulator (poorly named) http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=164136.msg7454345#msg7454345 operates on the scale of Mid Level Tiles (the ones on the Local view).

Interesting.  I didn't know that script existed!  I might try it sometime...

Thanks!

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2630 on: October 13, 2020, 03:11:53 pm »

The zip format is compatible with everyone, with the 7z one compatible with many. The basic .tar format can be read by 7zip (which I use), but I have no idea about the various Unix compression options.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2631 on: October 13, 2020, 04:01:25 pm »

The zip format is compatible with everyone, with the 7z one compatible with many. The basic .tar format can be read by 7zip (which I use), but I have no idea about the various Unix compression options.

Got it zipped up in 7z format.  Still waiting for that email...

daishi5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2632 on: October 13, 2020, 06:42:56 pm »

Copy the script text (not the whole web page) into a "text" file in <DF>\hack\scripts called "candy_corrector.lua" (without the quotes). Then type "candy_corrector" (again without quotes) into the DFHack console window. Note that it will take the script quite some time to to run because it caused DF to perform quite time consuming data loading actions. The script should be run pre embark, i.e. at the screen showing the world, asking you where to embark. After the script has run you have to find your future location again as the data loading is prompted by moving the cursor over each world tile.

First off, thank you for your help and all your hard work on this.

I think I got the script to run once, but my memory could be wrong.  Every attempt to run the script after the first time has generated this error:

...\Dwarf Fortress 0.47.04/hack/scripts/candy_corrector.lua:51: attempt to index a nil value (field 'features')
stack traceback:
        ...\Dwarf Fortress 0.47.04/hack/scripts/candy_corrector.lua:51: in global 'candy_corrector'
        ...\Dwarf Fortress 0.47.04/hack/scripts/candy_corrector.lua:78: in local 'script_code'
        D:\DF\Dwarf Fortress 0.47.04\hack\lua\dfhack.lua:680: in function 'dfhack.run_script_with_env'
        (...tail calls...)

I have tried installing the latest version of DFhack (I am using the LNP which has R2), but that broke TWBT and I still got the same error. 

I re-downloaded the LNP and tried it again, got the same error.

I generated a world with 3 layers, I get the message that there are 3 layers and nothing needs to be done. 

I generated two more worlds with 2 layers, both get the same error.

I deleted the candy_corrector.lua file, grabbed the text again from the website and made a new candy_corrector file, same error.

Not sure what else to try.

On a completely unrelated note, are there any other scripts that I should run in a normal game to fix bugs?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2633 on: October 14, 2020, 03:31:56 am »

@daishi5:
I've tried to reproduce the issue. The script worked correctly on a couple of 17*17 maps, but does indeed fail on a max sized one. I do believe I understand why it fails, but it will take some time to address and test that, so I'll return later with an update.

I can't think of any other world gen bugs that have scripts correcting them: I don't use any, in any case.

Edit:
OK, I've finally updated the script https://github.com/PatrikLundell/scripts/blob/own_scripts/candy_corrector.lua (same link as before).
The script should be a bit faster, show a progress indication of sorts (feature shells progressed), and not suffer from feature shells being unloaded again before being accessed (by doing the processing immediately after the loading, rather than in two separate passes).
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 06:07:28 am by PatrikLundell »

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2634 on: October 14, 2020, 07:50:14 am »

Btw, does anyone know how long it takes to get the confirmation email from DFFD?

daishi5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2635 on: October 14, 2020, 10:15:35 am »

@daishi5:
I've tried to reproduce the issue. The script worked correctly on a couple of 17*17 maps, but does indeed fail on a max sized one. I do believe I understand why it fails, but it will take some time to address and test that, so I'll return later with an update.

I can't think of any other world gen bugs that have scripts correcting them: I don't use any, in any case.

Edit:
OK, I've finally updated the script https://github.com/PatrikLundell/scripts/blob/own_scripts/candy_corrector.lua (same link as before).
The script should be a bit faster, show a progress indication of sorts (feature shells progressed), and not suffer from feature shells being unloaded again before being accessed (by doing the processing immediately after the loading, rather than in two separate passes).

Wow, that was fast and I can confirm it seems to have worked for me.  Thank you.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2636 on: October 15, 2020, 01:25:18 pm »

Not sure if this is a question for here or in the general modding section, but do we have a list or do we know all the different numbers that are capped from the raws, but not from the game itself? As an example, you can't set a units attributes above 5000 in the raws (it will treat any higher numbers as being 5000), but you can set the attributes higher with DFHack, and they actually still have an effect. Similarly the size from the raws is capped. Those are the only two I know about, but are there any more?

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2637 on: October 15, 2020, 04:14:05 pm »

Anybody know if there's a script or plugin that provides a "timer" or "alarm clock" function in the game?

Example:  I want a reminder to put the squad of migrants in quarantine 3 days before the were transformation date, so I set an alarm clock for the date and the game pauses and gives me a message of some sort.

Example:  Having stationed a squad of xbow dorfs somewhere to shoot down keas, I would set a timer to count down 8 days then pause & center on the squad.

(edit:  I did search the DFHack documentation and the forum with no luck.)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 04:15:44 pm by Uthimienure »
FPS in Gravearmor (850+ dwarves) is 3-6 (v0.47.05 lives on).
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2638 on: October 15, 2020, 04:29:49 pm »

Anybody know if there's a script or plugin that provides a "timer" or "alarm clock" function in the game?

Example:  I want a reminder to put the squad of migrants in quarantine 3 days before the were transformation date, so I set an alarm clock for the date and the game pauses and gives me a message of some sort.

Example:  Having stationed a squad of xbow dorfs somewhere to shoot down keas, I would set a timer to count down 8 days then pause & center on the squad.

(edit:  I did search the DFHack documentation and the forum with no luck.)

Hmmm....

It looks like what you need is a DFHack command that pauses the game with a message box that contains a custom message.  This could then be used with the "repeat" command.  I'm not sure if such a command exists...

Edit:

I'd think "warn-starving" would be a good starting point for such a script, but I'm too busy learning C++ to learn Lua right now.

Edit2:

"gui/hello-world" looks like a better starting point.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 04:55:54 pm by A_Curious_Cat »

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2639 on: October 15, 2020, 04:42:36 pm »

It really doesn't need to be customized or center on the squad, those were "wishes".
Any kind of simple timer/alarm that pauses would be neato.
FPS in Gravearmor (850+ dwarves) is 3-6 (v0.47.05 lives on).
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 243