Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 242

Author Topic: DFHack 50.12-r3  (Read 806442 times)

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.47.04-r4
« Reply #2760 on: January 04, 2021, 07:08:01 pm »

Here it is:

CMakeError.txt
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

By the way I'm using a VirtualBox machine, everything is freshly installed.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 07:14:36 pm by Libash_Thunderhead »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: January 04, 2021, 07:58:47 pm »

Those actually all look harmless to me - CMake (maybe due to some of our dependencies) checks for a lot of files/functions, but is able to handle cases where they don't exist, and this all looks like output just from those checks to me.

I guess I'm more interested in output from the batch script itself:
I'm trying to build dfhack on windows, but win32\generate-MSVC-release.bat says there are errors.

Can you post the full console output from running the batch script? I realize it's tricky to copy text from cmd.exe sometimes - I think you can usually do it by right-clicking in the title bar (or by using a different command prompt, possibly).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: January 04, 2021, 09:42:50 pm »

Code: [Select]
C:\dfhack\dfhack\build\win32>call "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\Tools\vsvars32.bat"
ERROR: Cannot determine the location of the VS Common Tools folder.

C:\dfhack\dfhack\build\win32>cd VC2015_32

C:\dfhack\dfhack\build\win32\VC2015_32>msbuild /m /p:Platform=Win32 /p:Configuration=Release ALL_BUILD.vcxproj
'msbuild' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\dfhack\dfhack\build\win32\VC2015_32>cd ..

C:\dfhack\dfhack\build\win32>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

This is what happens if I run build-release.bat.
It appears msbuild can't be found. Maybe I should reinstall the tools.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2763 on: January 04, 2021, 10:10:31 pm »

Oh, well, the issue is that "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\Tools\vsvars32.bat" doesn't exist. If it did exist, it would have set up the correct paths/environment variables so that msbuild could be located.

Update: I misread. Could you check whether "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\Tools\vsvars32.bat" exists? If it does, I suspect you have issues with your 2015 build tools installation, and might need to reinstall that component. If it doesn't exist, see below:

You might need to install the Visual Studio 2015 build tools (sometimes listed as "14.0"). You can typically do this even from VS2017/2019. The link from our build docs appears to still work as well (you would want "Microsoft Build Tools 2015 Update 3" as of today). If this doesn't help, let us know so we can fix the docs!

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: January 04, 2021, 11:00:01 pm »

Yeah, vsvars32.bat exists. Otherwise it won't display that message.
And yes I downloaded "Microsoft Build Tools 2015 Update 3", I will try to uninstall it to see what options I missed.

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: January 05, 2021, 12:12:37 am »

Here's the cmd output:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

PS, Still, msbuild can't be found in a normal cmd box, but I can use one of the build tools command prompts so it is not a big problem.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: January 05, 2021, 09:43:02 am »

There used to be a VS140COMNTOOLS envvar that would help with finding these tools. But it is no longer set by VS2017/2019. I always use the "Developer Command Prompt" now.

It seems that Microsoft has a vswhere tool now that could help. The doc says it can be found in "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Microsoft Visual Studio\Installer\vswhere.exe" if Visual Studio 15.2 or later is installed, but I don't know if that is reliable. Someone with Visual Studio installed outside of Program Files should check, mine is the default path.

>"%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Microsoft Visual Studio\Installer\vswhere.exe" -property installationPath
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community
« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 09:59:33 am by Clément »

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: January 05, 2021, 07:48:13 pm »

@lethosor
Thank you for the help.
You are right those missing header files are harmless, because the generate-minimal script works. The generate-release script fails because of Sphinx (or lack of it).

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:440 (message):
  Sphinx not found but BUILD_DOCS enabled

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: January 05, 2021, 08:01:40 pm »

Yes, the only issue I'm seeing is that you don't have Sphinx installed, but you (or the script, rather) are enabling the BUILD_DOCS setting. Disabling this setting (with -DBUILD_DOCS=0 or just by removing it from the script) would address this, and so would installing Sphinx (docs here). As you found, there are other batch scripts that leave out BUILD_DOCS as well. The "release" script is likely intended to match the configuration we use to build release packages, and we do include user-facing HTML documentation in those, which requires Sphinx.

saintclair

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Boxing Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: January 06, 2021, 12:11:57 pm »

I recently backported the fix/corrupt-equipment script to the 44.12 version of DFHack, and I'll share what I had to do here to make it work. DFHack did not change substantially between the 44.12 version and the first inclusion of this script, but some functionality changed and some data structures changed, which need to be noted:

We need to backport the addressof function from https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/commit/fb44b26b47eca729646e316efc22cfe2a138691e

Then, we need to revert these changes https://github.com/DFHack/df-structures/commit/063b3cadceb32c4e7515b7096cee0d821d428ba3

Specifically, these data structures changed, so a find-and-replace of "items_unmanifested" to "items_by_type1" reverts the change in this (and any other script you backport) to make it work. These two changes are, as far as I can tell, the only ones needed to make the script work. Once you've changed the script, place it in the hack/scripts/fix folder and you can run it as the comments in the file suggest. For convenience I added a line to print when it was running so I wouldn't forget that I had it on repeat while waiting for those dwarves to return from raids with their broken equipment, but you don't need to do that.

Hope this helps someone!

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: January 07, 2021, 04:12:20 am »

Link:
  C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\bin\x86_amd64\link.exe /ERRORREPORT:QUEUE /OUT:".\CompilerIdC.exe" /INCREMENTAL:NO /NOLOGO kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib uuid.lib odbc32.lib odbccp32.lib /MANIFEST /MANIFESTUAC:"level='asInvoker' uiAccess='false'" /manifest:embed /PDB:".\CompilerIdC.pdb" /SUBSYSTEM:CONSOLE,"5.02" /TLBID:1 /DYNAMICBASE /NXCOMPAT /IMPLIB:".\CompilerIdC.lib" /MACHINE:X64 Debug\CMakeCCompilerId.obj
LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'kernel32.lib' [C:\dfhack\dfhack\build\win64\VC2015\CMakeFiles\3.19.2\CompilerIdC\CompilerIdC.vcxproj]

Strange, I saw this error after I swtiched to 64 bit version. It seem Any idea?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: January 08, 2021, 07:40:09 pm »

Link:
  C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\bin\x86_amd64\link.exe /ERRORREPORT:QUEUE /OUT:".\CompilerIdC.exe" /INCREMENTAL:NO /NOLOGO kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib uuid.lib odbc32.lib odbccp32.lib /MANIFEST /MANIFESTUAC:"level='asInvoker' uiAccess='false'" /manifest:embed /PDB:".\CompilerIdC.pdb" /SUBSYSTEM:CONSOLE,"5.02" /TLBID:1 /DYNAMICBASE /NXCOMPAT /IMPLIB:".\CompilerIdC.lib" /MACHINE:X64 Debug\CMakeCCompilerId.obj
LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'kernel32.lib' [C:\dfhack\dfhack\build\win64\VC2015\CMakeFiles\3.19.2\CompilerIdC\CompilerIdC.vcxproj]

Strange, I saw this error after I swtiched to 64 bit version. It seem Any idea?
When/where does this show up? It doesn't look DFHack-related to me - is this in CMakeError.log? Are there any console errors from running whatever build command you're running?

The batch scripts we provide under "build/win32" and "build/win64" should make separate subdirectories; if you're building on your own, I suppose you could change the build architecture in an existing build directory, but this has occasional issues on Linux and I have no idea if it works on Windows at all.

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: January 09, 2021, 11:58:42 am »

I've been wondering (and can't find it with searches) if anyone knows of a way to measure the pathing distance between two cursor locations in fort mode.
FPS in Gravearmor (850+ dwarves) is 3-6 (v0.47.05 lives on).
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: January 09, 2021, 02:53:28 pm »

I've been wondering (and can't find it with searches) if anyone knows of a way to measure the pathing distance between two cursor locations in fort mode.

I don't think that there is one. However there is a quick way to do "Is this reachable" check.

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: January 09, 2021, 06:28:26 pm »

I don't think that there is one. However there is a quick way to do "Is this reachable" check.

I've used trying to build furniture in a location to do that, but if you mean another way please share.

I should have given more info in my original musing... I was checking some places aboveground in a 4x4 mountain embark where I've got constructions spread over 50+ z-levels on the surface. As I was trying to figure out which way dwarfs would be traveling to get to certain constructions (through tunnels or overland), I thought a path measuring tool would be neat because I wanted them to use tunnels to avoid a bunch of dead goblins on the surface.

I already have designated traffic areas for high, low, restricted travel... I was just musing that it would be quick & easy to estimate things with a path measuring tool  :)
FPS in Gravearmor (850+ dwarves) is 3-6 (v0.47.05 lives on).
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 242