Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 243

Author Topic: DFHack 50.13-r1  (Read 809897 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.47.04-r4
« Reply #2790 on: January 28, 2021, 11:46:15 pm »

So uh, I made that resource for handling persistently saving lua tables directly with the json implementation a while ago, but dragged my feet on getting the documentation written up :P It's intended to be used as a module, and handles either saving data globally (available anywhere) or as world data (specific to the save). World data is saved automatically whenever the world is unloaded, as well as whenever the game is saved via autosave or quicksave.

If it's acceptable enough I'll get around to submitting it to the repo, but I'd appreciate if some people went over it first:

I'm a bit preoccupied with other things at the moment (see above post) and there's a risk of me forgetting about this.

Could you make a pull request against the DFHack repo for this? I think it would go best in the "library/lua" folder (which installs to "hack/lua", for reference), but we can figure it out there. At first glance, it looks good, but there is certainly an opportunity to implement some things natively, like the save event checking (which you already requested :) ) Thanks for taking this on!
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

towerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Cloven Asunder
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.47.04-r4
« Reply #2791 on: January 29, 2021, 05:05:47 am »

PTW and wait for the 47 05 release of DFhack.

btw, I must say that you're doing a great job, so thank you all to the DFhack team!

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.47.04-r5
« Reply #2792 on: January 31, 2021, 10:22:21 am »

A new release is up for 0.47.04 (not 0.47.05 yet) - there were a couple important fixes made since 0.47.04-r4 that we felt warranted a new release before we broke compatibility with 0.47.04.

Download link: https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases/tag/0.47.04-r5

0.47.05 support is in progress - I know some people have had luck with a build from Buildmaster (https://dfhack.org/builds/) and the newest builds on there should improve support for 0.47.05 pretty soon.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2793 on: February 02, 2021, 07:43:43 pm »

I have noticed an issue with the prospect plugin.

(Using df47.05 with dfhack-0.47.05-alpha0-210131001-Linux-64bit-gcc-7.)

Occasionally running prospect pre-embark gives a result for Blue Diamonds which is an order of magnitude (or two) off.
From the embark where I first noticed the issue both results using the 'all' option (the post embark after a reveal all)
Code: [Select]
(pre-embark)
DIAMOND_BLUE :       496 Z:  75..91
DIAMOND_FY :          72 Z:  75..139
KIMBERLITE :        6317 Z:  75..139
(post embark)
DIAMOND_BLUE :         3 Z:  81..85
DIAMOND_FY :          35 Z:  81..138
KIMBERLITE :        9470 Z:  75..139

Checking sites on the same worldgen the strange pre-embark results reoccurred at a number of sites across the world, repeatedly 400-1000 blue diamonds predicted.  I probably tried about 100 sites spread across the world and about 10 of them had these results.  Predictions for faint yellow diamonds were only a fraction of those for blue diamonds at each site.  I did not notice any results predicted for other colours of single occurence diamonds (black, green, clear, red, yellow), certainly there were none of this magnitude.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: February 02, 2021, 09:12:01 pm »

Good news: check-structures-sanity passed on linux64 (as part of trying to debug the above issue) so I think we can put up at least a beta release fairly soon for 0.47.05 here. Granted, the one structures change we've made would only have been caught on linux32, so there's not a guarantee that everything is perfect yet.

I have noticed an issue with the prospect plugin.

(Using df47.05 with dfhack-0.47.05-alpha0-210131001-Linux-64bit-gcc-7.)

Occasionally running prospect pre-embark gives a result for Blue Diamonds which is an order of magnitude (or two) off.
From the embark where I first noticed the issue both results using the 'all' option (the post embark after a reveal all)
Code: [Select]
(pre-embark)
DIAMOND_BLUE :       496 Z:  75..91
DIAMOND_FY :          72 Z:  75..139
KIMBERLITE :        6317 Z:  75..139
(post embark)
DIAMOND_BLUE :         3 Z:  81..85
DIAMOND_FY :          35 Z:  81..138
KIMBERLITE :        9470 Z:  75..139

Checking sites on the same worldgen the strange pre-embark results reoccurred at a number of sites across the world, repeatedly 400-1000 blue diamonds predicted.  I probably tried about 100 sites spread across the world and about 10 of them had these results.  Predictions for faint yellow diamonds were only a fraction of those for blue diamonds at each site.  I did not notice any results predicted for other colours of single occurence diamonds (black, green, clear, red, yellow), certainly there were none of this magnitude.
As for this: first off, thanks for the detailed report! A couple questions:
- Is it consistently reproducible if you look in the same spot in the same world? If so, could you upload the save and report an issue on GitHub? If the save is small enough, you might be able to attach it on GitHub while reporting it there.
- Have you made any mods / changes to the raws? I'm not sure if this would affect prospect, but it might.

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2795 on: February 03, 2021, 02:31:52 pm »

Good news: check-structures-sanity passed on linux64 (as part of trying to debug the above issue) so I think we can put up at least a beta release fairly soon for 0.47.05 here. Granted, the one structures change we've made would only have been caught on linux32, so there's not a guarantee that everything is perfect yet.

Yay, glad to hear good things came.  :)

As for this: first off, thanks for the detailed report! A couple questions:
- Is it consistently reproducible if you look in the same spot in the same world? If so, could you upload the save and report an issue on GitHub? If the save is small enough, you might be able to attach it on GitHub while reporting it there.
- Have you made any mods / changes to the raws? I'm not sure if this would affect prospect, but it might.

Sorry for the delay - I was using CLA graphics which did make some changes to the raws so I wanted to rule that out (it didn't make a difference).
Also the save uses my custom worldgen and I had hoped to reproduce from a vanilla worldgen but the difficulty of finding 'any' single occurence diamonds got the better of my after trying a couple of times in two hour plus sessions. Not that it should make a difference - mentioned for completeness.

Yes it is consistent to the same spot in the same world.

Github issue created.

I uploaded the pre-embark save separately on dffd (linked in above report).
If top left of map is (1,1) and embark rectangle is default 4x4 then
(1,25) with embark rectangle bottom right corner (diamond_blue 894 diamond_fy 128)
(65,41) with embark rectangle top left corner (diamond_blue 1287 diamond_fy 307)
(14,35) with embark rectangle centred (diamond_blue 704 diamond_fy 128)
are all locations to reproduce the issue (there are others...).
Numbers are a bit different to above since I was originally using a 3x3 embark rectangle as part of my personal init edits.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2796 on: February 03, 2021, 06:57:07 pm »

Sounds good, and thanks for including your worldgen params on GitHub too! The save should certainly help track down whether this is an issue on the DFHack or DF side, at least.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2797 on: February 04, 2021, 07:20:11 am »

I think I understand why feelotraveller's prospecting gets wildly optimistic yields:
Using the Biome Manipulator to view the geo biome at the first location pointed out and the lowest (gabbro) layer , I see that % (in Biome Manipulator, being "size" in prospector) is 9 for DIAMOND_FY but 86 for DIAMOND_BLUE, but DIAMOND_BLUE is a CLUSTER_ONE nested within the DIAMOND_FY CLUSTER_SMALL.

I believe the problem here is that to get an estimate of the amount of a material you'll have to weigh not only the material itself, but also the ones transitively enclosing it (DIAMOND_FY at 9 and KIMBERLITE at 85, in this case).

The relevant code in Prospector is at lines 453-480, and the TODO comment is probably an indication of the original author being aware of difficulties.
Adjusting the code would require both to "unwind" the nesting to get at the enclosing percentages/sizes, and to determine if the scale factors (1*5, 6*7, and 700 *1 respecitvely for CLUSTER_ONE, CLUSTER_SMALL, and CLUSTER) would have to be adjusted if an additional reduction factor is introduced.

Anyway, I don't think the DF logic has changed, but rather that we have cases where low probability clusters enclose high probability ones.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.47.04-r5 | 0.47.05-beta1 (dev)
« Reply #2798 on: February 10, 2021, 11:08:25 pm »

New release - officially in beta now: https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases/tag/0.47.05-beta1

We think things are stable, and haven't really heard any reports of issues with 0.47.05. That said, please let us know as soon as possible if you're experiencing issues with DFHack specific to 0.47.05. (It has been a while, but as a reminder, we rely heavily on user feedback when it comes to new DF releases.)

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
  • Embark Profile Enthusiast, Kitfox & reddit mod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2799 on: February 10, 2021, 11:23:57 pm »

Nice!

I'll try to make a set of mini Packs with this, and get it out there.
Team Bug Fix!

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2800 on: February 11, 2021, 03:21:22 am »

New release - officially in beta now: https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases/tag/0.47.05-beta1

We think things are stable, and haven't really heard any reports of issues with 0.47.05. That said, please let us know as soon as possible if you're experiencing issues with DFHack specific to 0.47.05. (It has been a while, but as a reminder, we rely heavily on user feedback when it comes to new DF releases.)

Thanks for the quick early release(s).  :)

I get a bunch of messages about plugins not being built for this version, although as far as I can tell they are trival.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Using dfhack-0.47.05-beta1-Linux-64bit-gcc-7.

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
  • Embark Profile Enthusiast, Kitfox & reddit mod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: February 11, 2021, 05:19:23 am »

I get a bunch of messages about plugins not being built for this version, although as far as I can tell they are trival.

Did you by chance install the beta over one of the previous versions of DFhack? I tried that to quickly update my little single tileset "packs", and got the same result, but when I deleted the old /hack folder and tried again, it was clean and error-free.
Team Bug Fix!

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: February 11, 2021, 06:14:30 am »

Did you by chance install the beta over one of the previous versions of DFhack? I tried that to quickly update my little single tileset "packs", and got the same result, but when I deleted the old /hack folder and tried again, it was clean and error-free.

That's exactly what I did!  Thank you that fixed it.

Not sure exactly how though, since I confirmed that the actual plugin files had been updated to the newer versions (according to timestamps). Although I guess dfhack could be looking at the creation date of the plugins folder... or something?

xordae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: February 11, 2021, 09:51:27 am »

So far, the 47.05 beta is working well.

Earlier, I fucked up the walls behind my archery targets and re-painted them with tiletypes. There is a 1 z-level drop behind the targets, and bolts are properly recovered down there. Now that I expanded my fortress, exactly below the bolt drop there are new rooms. Now the bolts drop through the existing floor tiles at z-level 1 and land at z-level 2 down in those rooms. I assume this is because I recreated solid stone there with tiletypes. How can I use tiletypes to completely regenerate a z-level wall? Only doing Paint: STONE WALL INORGANIC:GRANITE CLUSTER is apparently not enough to regenerate the proper ceiling and floor parts.

Painting floors on the same level as the archery targets makes bolts break as they're supposed to.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 10:27:19 am by xordae »

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: February 11, 2021, 11:10:05 am »

I think the explanation is that walls provide a floor above them (and hence not below them strange as it seems).  Try either making a floor on the archery level and then turning that to a wall with tiletypes, or alternatively creating a wall on the level below first (which can be returned to a floor for your bedrooms after with tiletypes or otherwise, now leaving behind a proper roof).
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 243