Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 243

Author Topic: DFHack 50.13-r1  (Read 810955 times)

HungThir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.47.05-r1
« Reply #2850 on: March 11, 2021, 10:46:58 pm »

normally (i.e. fortress mode) when you melt small things whose yield is less than a bar, the fractional bars accumulate internally until you've melted enough small things to produce a whole bar, and then the bar appears.  i bet this is really confusing for advfort...

there's a yield table on the wiki; what happens if you melt one of the objects that's guaranteed to produce at least a whole bar?

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2851 on: March 12, 2021, 04:23:52 am »

Sounds like a possible script error. Is there any red text printed to the DFHack console when this happens? If so, could you paste it here?
No red text showed up in the console.

However, I will note that when building the smelter, it required me to put in the building material then alt-move into it (causing it to go to the menu where you'd choose the material for building it, now showing as 01. Filled 0/0 as opposed to the earlier 01. Filled 150/1) before it would finish building. This caused the text 'Could not put item:     0       <item_barst: 000002069EEC4640>' to appear in the console, though it was the usual grey rather than red.
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

HungThir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2852 on: March 12, 2021, 07:00:13 am »

that sounds like what happens when you start building while standing on what will become one of the workshop’s impassable tiles? it can’t finish with you standing there, so you have to move and then continue construction, but since construction was already started the material is both used up and no longer required (thus 0/0)

sheepish_gorilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2853 on: March 12, 2021, 12:37:05 pm »

Hi guys,
Is this also the place to post feedback on the DFhack documentation?

If so, I'd like to suggest an addition to the tiletypes info:
something I found out recently: 'paint special normal' makes everything into natural stone. It took me a while to find this and I see a lot of questions on the reddit about how to create natural stone. So I think it's useful to add this, in the explanation but also as an example.

for instance:
use [k] to position your cursor
in DFHack:
paint shape wall
paint special normal
run or [enter]

and you have a natural stone wall

sheepish_gorilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2854 on: March 12, 2021, 02:09:58 pm »

separate post for a question:
Where are the saved stockpile profiles stored? I thought they were linked to saves, but just noticed they're gone after moving my fort to a new starter pac

edit: never mind, I found the folder, how do I delete this bloody post?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 02:15:12 pm by sheepish_gorilla »

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2855 on: March 12, 2021, 03:30:50 pm »

Where are the saved stockpile profiles stored? I thought they were linked to saves, but just noticed they're gone after moving my fort to a new starter pac

What folder is it stored in?  If I could just copy it to new versions, that would save me some time re-doing all the same configurations I regularly use.

Also, I don't think you can delete a post.  The forum moderators might be able to though.  There is a little "Report to moderator" hyperlink on the lower right.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 03:32:44 pm by Schmaven »

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2856 on: March 13, 2021, 02:11:02 am »

Hi guys,
Is this also the place to post feedback on the DFhack documentation?

If so, I'd like to suggest an addition to the tiletypes info:
something I found out recently: 'paint special normal' makes everything into natural stone. It took me a while to find this and I see a lot of questions on the reddit about how to create natural stone. So I think it's useful to add this, in the explanation but also as an example.

for instance:
use [k] to position your cursor
in DFHack:
paint shape wall
paint special normal
run or [enter]

and you have a natural stone wall

It would be good to mention in the documentation that the default setting is 'smooth' and that 'normal' gives rough/natural instead, as that is not obvious at first.

However to make sure a stone wall is created it is also needed to specify:

paint material stone

since otherwise you get a 'wall' tile appropriate to the layer - soil for a soil layer, air for an air layer, semi-molten rock for a magma layer... and only stone in a stone layer.

sheepish_gorilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2857 on: March 13, 2021, 12:15:51 pm »

What folder is it stored in?  If I could just copy it to new versions, that would save me some time re-doing all the same configurations I regularly use.

Also, I don't think you can delete a post.  The forum moderators might be able to though.  There is a little "Report to moderator" hyperlink on the lower right.

It's in the stocksettings folder in the main DF folder

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2858 on: March 13, 2021, 01:09:29 pm »

It would be better to edit your post to include the answer to your question instead of deleting your question, because someone might have the same question in the future (in fact, Schmaven did have the same question in this case).

For reference: the GUI (specifically, the "gui/stockflow" script, which can be run by pressing "l" with a stockpile selected) should store saved stockpiles in the "stocksettings" folder. The "savestock" command might allow you to store them somewhere else. I'll double-check and add this information to the plugin docs (the docs for the script already mention this, but it could be clearer).

(ninja'd)
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Moeteru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2859 on: March 20, 2021, 08:25:18 am »

I'm very new to dfhack scripting, so apologies if this is obvious and/or already documented somewhere.
I want to read the "divider" attribute of the "emotion_type" enum in df.unit-thoughts.xml from within a lua script, but I can't figure out where that metadata is stored in the lua API.

Also, I think I figured out what four of the unnamed parameters in one of the structs are for. Specifically the four int32_t variables in the reflected_on struct df.units.xml#L1970-L1974. The first two store the old and new values for the facet which was changed (range: 0 to 100), while the second two store the old and new values for the changed value (range: -50 to +50). If either changed_facet or changed_value is -1 then the corresponding old and new variables will be uninitialised.
I posted a script over in the stress and psyche thread which may help in verifying this hypothesis. I've tested it on a few random dwarves and the values all seem consistent with what is shown in the thoughts and personality screen.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2860 on: March 20, 2021, 04:46:51 pm »

I'm very new to dfhack scripting, so apologies if this is obvious and/or already documented somewhere.
I want to read the "divider" attribute of the "emotion_type" enum in df.unit-thoughts.xml from within a lua script, but I can't figure out where that metadata is stored in the lua API.

df.emotion_type.attrs[type].divider

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2861 on: March 20, 2021, 07:39:28 pm »

Also worth noting that you can index attrs with either the enum item name or value, just like the enum, so
Code: [Select]
[lua]# ~df.emotion_type.attrs[0] == df.emotion_type.attrs.ACCEPTANCE
true

attrs don't appear to be documented at all currently. I'll open an issue for it. (update: https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/issues/1802)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 07:44:48 pm by lethosor »

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2862 on: March 20, 2021, 08:17:40 pm »

I've noticed you can open and use gui/gm-editor from the in-game command prompt (Ctrl+Shift+P), but for other scripts like gui/liquids and gui/teleport the prompt remains open and won't allow you to move your cursor. Is this fixable?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2863 on: March 20, 2021, 09:13:38 pm »

I'm not sure how hard that is to fix, but I didn't know it was an issue, so thanks for reporting it. Reported here, with details on what I think the issue is and some possible fixes: https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/issues/1803

Not to complain, but I would like to request that bugs get reported in the issue tracker. This definitely includes documentation issues too, as well as feature requests. I've opened several tickets there recently (not only from things reported in this thread!), but I don't always have time to do that, and things can easily be forgotten if they aren't tracked there. From the first post of this thread (which I will shortly update to include more detail):
Please report bugs in the GitHub issue tracker. (Bugs reported in this thread can be buried sometimes.)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2864 on: March 20, 2021, 09:38:57 pm »

Reported here, with details on what I think the issue is and some possible fixes: https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/issues/1803

It's definitely not a rendering issue. Liquid is placed exactly where the unmovable cursor is.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 243