Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 243

Author Topic: DFHack 50.13-r2  (Read 818151 times)

ldog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 50.08-r1
« Reply #3420 on: May 13, 2023, 03:44:58 pm »

So I went ahead and upgraded my 47.05-r11 LNP installation to the last (R8) dfhack version and I get almost constant:
...05-r11\Dwarf Fortress 0.47.05/hack/scripts/unsuspend.lua:130: attempt to index a nil value (local 'bld')
stack traceback:
        ...05-r11\Dwarf Fortress 0.47.05/hack/scripts/unsuspend.lua:130: in method 'refresh_screen_buildings'
        ...05-r11\Dwarf Fortress 0.47.05/hack/scripts/unsuspend.lua:165: in method 'onRenderFrame'
        ...Pack 0.47.05-r11\Dwarf Fortress 0.47.05\hack\lua\gui.lua:524: in method 'render'
        ...-r11\Dwarf Fortress 0.47.05\hack\lua\plugins\overlay.lua:459: in local 'fn'
        ...-r11\Dwarf Fortress 0.47.05\hack\lua\plugins\overlay.lua:392: in upvalue 'detect_frame_change'
        ...-r11\Dwarf Fortress 0.47.05\hack\lua\plugins\overlay.lua:459: in function 'plugins.overlay.render_viewscreen_widgets'
Failed Lua call to 'plugins.overlay.render_viewscreen_widgets'

Doesn't seem tied to anything I am doing, although I really don't know what widgets I should even see or not see. The one from R7 that was kinda handy is gone. I looked at the mouse coordinates one briefly but decided it was kinda useless and turned it off. The rest I don't know what/where they are.

It also seems a bit unstable, particularly it is crashing on saving which is annoying AF, although it seems tied to the latest migrant wave.
Quote from: Dirst
For example, if you wanted to check if a unit was eligible to be a politician or a car salesman, you'd first want to verify that there is no soul present...

Quote from: gchristopher
The more appropriate question becomes, are they awesome and dwarven enough.

myk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3421 on: May 13, 2023, 05:45:18 pm »

if the dwarves could move the embark wagon after they embark

I believe all the related state is known, so yes. I think moving buildings is within the realm of possibility. In fact, moving the wagon is already implemented for deep-embark. The logic would just need refactoring. Could you file a feature request at https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/issues ?

myk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3422 on: May 13, 2023, 06:03:21 pm »

...05-r11\Dwarf Fortress 0.47.05/hack/scripts/unsuspend.lua:130: attempt to index a nil value (local 'bld')

I believe this bug was fixed in January. We're unlikely to do another release for DF-0.47.05, but you can manually apply the change to the unsuspend.lua in the hack/scripts directory. The code change is detailed here: https://github.com/DFHack/scripts/commit/49b8fde00a441c21b9e65fbab472f33f36823094

There were certainly a lot of overlay and UI changes at about that time. Which other features are you looking for but can't find? There should be nothing missing, just moved.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3423 on: May 13, 2023, 06:13:13 pm »

if the dwarves could move the embark wagon after they embark

I believe all the related state is known, so yes. I think moving buildings is within the realm of possibility. In fact, moving the wagon is already implemented for deep-embark. The logic would just need refactoring. Could you file a feature request at https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/issues ?

How’s this?
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

myk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3424 on: May 13, 2023, 07:12:56 pm »

Perfect. Thanks!

ldog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3425 on: May 13, 2023, 09:12:03 pm »

I believe this bug was fixed in January. We're unlikely to do another release for DF-0.47.05, but you can manually apply the change to the unsuspend.lua in the hack/scripts directory. The code change is detailed here: https://github.com/DFHack/scripts/commit/49b8fde00a441c21b9e65fbab472f33f36823094

There were certainly a lot of overlay and UI changes at about that time. Which other features are you looking for but can't find? There should be nothing missing, just moved.

Ahh, you're a lifesaver.
I didn't have any particular reason to upgrade, just was checking the latest and greatest since I figure there will be no more LNP. I don't know what I'm supposed to be looking for, was just looking to see what's new. I did use the R7 one in the bottom left corner a little (that let you tab fill and run commands).

It doesn't look like the crashing is R8 related either, it is the same old bug I run into once in a while (usually when my fort gets going good and then it has to all go to shit). So I start incrementing through the season and saving regularly (really angry because I lost out on an artifact steel mail shirt!) and usually that gets me past whatever shenanigans is going on. It figures this would happen because my magma cart fill operation went flawlessly.
For example, if you wanted to check if a unit was eligible to be a politician or a car salesman, you'd first want to verify that there is no soul present...

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3426 on: May 13, 2023, 10:24:59 pm »

I’ve been thinking…

I’ve alway’s though that it’s be nice if the dwarves could move the embark wagon after they embark.  I know that this would require several new systems that are not in the game right now.

In the meantime, however, is there a DFHack command that will teleport the embark wagon (and it’s contents) to a chosen position on the map?  It’d make things a lot faster if my dwarves didn’t have to walk so long when transferring items from the wagon to the initial stockpile.

so like this?
currently working on a series of nomad focus scripts that converts the wagon as the main building for storing items and moving around the map as having it be stationary would lead to it being lost when I unload the map chunk that has it.

Code: ("wagonmove.lua") [Select]
function getxyz() -- this will return pointers x,y and z coordinates.
local x=df.global.cursor.x
local y=df.global.cursor.y
local z=df.global.cursor.z
return x,y,z -- return the coords
end
function movewagon(curx,cury,curz)
for de,oe in pairs(df.global.world.buildings.other.WAGON) do
if oe.name == 'Nomad' then
oe.centerx=curx
oe.x1=curx-1
oe.x2=curx+1
oe.centery=cury
oe.y1=cury-1
oe.y2=cury+1
oe.z=curz
end
end
end

movewagon(getxyz())
this script requires you to name the wagon Nomad and use the keyboard cursor for it to work
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

ldog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3427 on: May 13, 2023, 10:28:08 pm »

So I have isolated my crash to editing a...piglet...with gui/gm-editor.

My SOP for pets is NO FUCKING LIVESTOCK AS PETS, EVER. You can have a dog. I even allow cats. Exotic killing machine type pets? Absolutely! A keet? Don't even fucking think about it. A cavy? I will dump you and your cavy into magma.

So normally I go in and remove the important historical figure flags from 1 & 2 and then clear the pet relationship. Then autobutcher takes over. However since I actually do keep pigs and it is a piglet and I am under my cap it's hanging out. This one I cleared it's name too, but with or w/o changing the name it crashes. So when I go and try to save the game doesn't like that for some reason.

By the way if someone could make a script to "unpet" that would be great.

Hey that's pretty cool Rumrusher! Does it work with 47 or only the new version?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2023, 10:30:01 pm by ldog »

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3428 on: May 13, 2023, 11:57:04 pm »

I’ve been thinking…

I’ve alway’s though that it’s be nice if the dwarves could move the embark wagon after they embark.  I know that this would require several new systems that are not in the game right now.

In the meantime, however, is there a DFHack command that will teleport the embark wagon (and it’s contents) to a chosen position on the map?  It’d make things a lot faster if my dwarves didn’t have to walk so long when transferring items from the wagon to the initial stockpile.

so like this?
currently working on a series of nomad focus scripts that converts the wagon as the main building for storing items and moving around the map as having it be stationary would lead to it being lost when I unload the map chunk that has it.

Code: ("wagonmove.lua") [Select]
end
if oe.name == 'Nomad' then
oe.centerx=curx
oe.x1=curx-1
oe.x2=curx+1
oe.centery=cury
oe.y1=cury-1
oe.y2=cury+1
oe.z=curz
end
end
end

movewagon(getxyz())
this script requires you to name the wagon Nomad and use the keyboard cursor for it to work

Does it move the wagon’s contents along with the wagon?  I mainly want it so that I can move the wagon to just outside my initial stockpile to reduce hauling time.  Keep in mind, also, that I currently don’t have a working DF installation.  I’m waiting for the Linux version to become stable enough for an official release before I try it, and I can’t use the old one because my distribution doesn’t support pre-SDL2 libraries.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3429 on: May 14, 2023, 05:30:20 am »

so far in my nomad runs the contents in the wagon stayed when loading and unloading chunks of the map.
though if you unretire the most of the contents would be out of the wagon so moving it would just be moving the main standing idle location.
"body swapping and YOU!"

ldog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3430 on: May 14, 2023, 08:35:32 am »

Still trying to isolate this crash. It is interesting that it is just THIS piglet.
The latest migrant wave had 2 keets and some other bs and I butchered them all and saved the game without incident.
Stepping through this with the gm-editor, it is the important historical figure for some reason, I guess there was actually an event with the pig?
Removing the relationship was fine, so was removing the name. The historical figure flags set to false and it crashes on save. I guess I'll just butcher it and move on.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2023, 08:42:22 am by ldog »

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3431 on: May 14, 2023, 10:04:55 am »

so far in my nomad runs the contents in the wagon stayed when loading and unloading chunks of the map.
though if you unretire the most of the contents would be out of the wagon so moving it would just be moving the main standing idle location.

Is there any way to make it so that you don’t need to name the wagon?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3432 on: May 15, 2023, 07:18:20 am »

Is there any way to make it so that you don’t need to name the wagon?
usually I have it like that as a sanity check for the code to not scoop up any other wagons if I move to a location that has one.
You could take out the' if wagon building name is nomad' line of code so one could just grab the wagon on site.
like so:

Code: ("movewagon2.lua") [Select]
end
oe.centerx=curx
oe.x1=curx-1
oe.x2=curx+1
oe.centery=cury
oe.y1=cury-1
oe.y2=cury+1
oe.z=curz
end
end

movewagon(getxyz())
"body swapping and YOU!"

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3433 on: May 19, 2023, 02:07:03 pm »

Don't you need to update the building occupancy on tiles, or something?

Also, I think you can do something like "copyall(df.global.cursor)" instead of using a custom function. (Might be "pos2xyz" otherwise.)
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3434 on: May 19, 2023, 06:59:02 pm »

Don't you need to update the building occupancy on tiles, or something?

Also, I think you can do something like "copyall(df.global.cursor)" instead of using a custom function. (Might be "pos2xyz" otherwise.)

“Building occupancy”?

Also, I just checked the DFHack Lua API docs and it appears that pos2xyz(df.global.cursor) should replace the getxyz() custom function (assuming there isn’t an easier way using copyall()…).

Anyways, I don’t really know anything about Lua (I’m currently too busy trying to learn C++)…
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 243