Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 243

Author Topic: DFHack 50.12-r3  (Read 809360 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.43.05-r2
« Reply #390 on: October 22, 2017, 04:05:19 am »

slowly working on this "add new dialog to adventure mode" project and learn how to insert a new choice option.
the problem I'm having now is that I can't fill out the Talk_choice section of the choices. and I can't just copy and paste some other choice on to this as it seems to end up sharing the same value leading to having 2 talk choice being the same but taking up 2 slots on the dialog list.
so kinda stumped and spent most my time poking around old scripts to get a better idea on how to fill out this
Code: [Select]
df.global.ui_advmode.conversation[insert number here].choices.choice option.

on the side of things you could chain performances and possibly have 2 performers perform at the same time, if someone wanted to make a script that commands bard companions to tell a speech in a middle of a musical number they aren't in.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: October 22, 2017, 05:15:05 pm »

Is there a way/script in DFHack to "clone" a dwarf (fortress mode)?  I'm looking to do some testing and would like perfect copies, including for example sleep and hunger counters.  Don't mind overwriting another existing dwarf to get it done.  If not, how close can I get?

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: October 23, 2017, 08:45:08 pm »

Is the vanilla hard coded workshops, their tile data, possible to be edited directly through dfhack?

I had an idea but I really wanted to change a few shop images completely...
and it sounds like its possible.  But I can't find the right direction to get there... I'm not talking TWBT...as TWBT only goes sooo far.  I'm talking actually changing every single location to exactly what I want it to be...

Besides directly editting these through DFHack I've also considered what it would take to copy building menus to new buildings...  like pulling the menu/reactions for the still to a new custom building.  anyways if anyone has an idea of how this could be done.. I'd appreciate it.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: October 23, 2017, 10:05:27 pm »

Is the vanilla hard coded workshops, their tile data, possible to be edited directly through dfhack?

and it sounds like its possible.  But I can't find the right direction to get there... I'm not talking TWBT...as TWBT only goes sooo far.  I'm talking actually changing every single location to exactly what I want it to be...

Besides directly editting these through DFHack I've also considered what it would take to copy building menus to new buildings...  like pulling the menu/reactions for the still to a new custom building.  anyways if anyone has an idea of how this could be done.. I'd appreciate it.
First one is possible, but hard-ish. You need to vmethod-interpose a building vmethod (i think it's called "render"). This can only be done by writing a plugin.
Second one could be faked i think. There is eventful plugin that allows displaying any sidebar you want on a building.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: October 24, 2017, 10:03:44 am »

First one is possible, but hard-ish. You need to vmethod-interpose a building vmethod (i think it's called "render"). This can only be done by writing a plugin.
Second one could be faked i think. There is eventful plugin that allows displaying any sidebar you want on a building.

I've seen those eventful functions and how you can say turn the menu into a custom workshop_overlay... I'm reading through a lot of code at the moment... to see if I see something that could say tag what the menu is for a vanilla hard coded shop so I could pass that to a custom shop.  I think it could really be helpful.  Which reminds me I need to send some stuff up to the repo.

anyways so i was going through the eventful.lua and I saw that there was some stuff that seemed to have stopped mid development, for whatever reason.  I'm considering how some of this works and what could be accomplished without going as far as say a cpp.  Maybe either giving a workshop a different workshop def at best or at worst pulling the menu from a different workshop def over a custom workshops menu... thanks for the direction on this Warmist...  oh and I like some of the work of yours that I've seen in the past.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #395 on: October 24, 2017, 01:36:28 pm »

Has anyone ever toyed with the concept of a offscreen viewport? You know, rendering parts of the map that are offscreen without moving the viewport.
If it requires writing custom rendering, fine by me. I just want a bit of guidance so i know (roughly) where to aim at this whale.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: October 24, 2017, 02:15:58 pm »

Has anyone ever toyed with the concept of a offscreen viewport? You know, rendering parts of the map that are offscreen without moving the viewport.
If it requires writing custom rendering, fine by me. I just want a bit of guidance so i know (roughly) where to aim at this whale.
It's DONE!*

* by done i mean it's in pull-req. Basically mifki found "render_map" function that df uses to render the map. You can use it (with before setting viewscreen pos and later restoring) to render any part of map. Look here: my repo. Basically i've been using it for multiplayer thing. This link has code that exposes the function to lua. All it's missing is offsets from mifki repo here

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: October 24, 2017, 02:54:26 pm »

I guess it depends on what you mean by that question. Warmist has provided an answer that, if I understand it correctly, allows you to render a different part of an embark(?). I suspect that's the info you're after.

If you're trying to render things outside of the embark it gets trickier, as much of the details do not exist outside of the embark. However, if you're aiming at higher levels (such as the world map level), that info is largely available, while mid level tile info is available only for the world tile in focus pre embark, and the embark world tile plus the 8 surrounding ones in a fortress. Still, if you can get at the info you should be able to render it using a grid based view (a pen array is a good foundation, and I've made a widget based on that for my own scripts) once you've decided on an encoding of the info.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: October 26, 2017, 12:10:25 pm »

well finally with help from irc on the insert data got a script that inserts a new adventure mode talk option,
and used this to pull one of the demon binding talk options
which works well on Everyone, though using this will cause them to say your their master, and probably backstab your companions/bound beings
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

edit: this script is an older version that didn't all the way work.
use this one if you want a single dialog option that grants you access to demon binding on everyone... through talking.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 09:14:38 am by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: October 26, 2017, 12:59:25 pm »

Time to do this with random wild animals as a elf i guess.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: October 27, 2017, 05:54:05 am »

Time to do this with random wild animals as a elf i guess.
man I remember doing this with a mod.
giving elves the ability to grant folks the gift of speech and intelligence opens up to bear companions and animals holding your gear, then making so this gift also pumps their adventure seeking trait to max allows them to agree to join you.
the script just make it so you can avoid going through the mod hassle.
with a small amount of extra work, I could see if I can stick in the Banishment option from my old invoke script.
so you can ... uhh kill... well vaporize folks with words.

edit: crud on a stick this script still busted

edit2: okay got this fixed and now allows the player to banish and bind anyone one, as a dialog option.
Spoiler: "invoke revise script" (click to show/hide)
I probably should change the script I linked in the old post so folks don't get the buggy version...
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 09:14:59 am by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"

Dunmeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: October 28, 2017, 11:16:25 pm »

So, what sort of DFHackery would I have to do to make monotheism? Is there even a way?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: October 29, 2017, 04:04:40 am »

So, what sort of DFHackery would I have to do to make monotheism? Is there even a way?
This is really stuff expected to be covered in the Myth & Magic arcs (and not necessarily the first one).
In the nearer time frame, it depends on what you mean with monotheism.
- If you mean there's only a single god in the world, you could presumably remove all but one and then search all units to replace their deity references with only that one or none (I'd check if the same can be done with hist figs).
- If you mean there's only a single god in each pantheon you could do the same but for each civ.
In both of the cases you'll probably end up with a somewhat inappropriate single aspect type of god, though.

However, neither method would stop development of worship of e.g. megabeasts, and the somewhat broken worship inheritance system where children inherit the mother's gods plus a random one (or none) with duplicates possible remains.

Dunmeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: October 29, 2017, 05:23:35 pm »

This is really stuff expected to be covered in the Myth & Magic arcs (and not necessarily the first one).
In the nearer time frame, it depends on what you mean with monotheism.
- If you mean there's only a single god in the world, you could presumably remove all but one and then search all units to replace their deity references with only that one or none (I'd check if the same can be done with hist figs).
- If you mean there's only a single god in each pantheon you could do the same but for each civ.
In both of the cases you'll probably end up with a somewhat inappropriate single aspect type of god, though.

However, neither method would stop development of worship of e.g. megabeasts, and the somewhat broken worship inheritance system where children inherit the mother's gods plus a random one (or none) with duplicates possible remains.

Thanks. I'm fine with megabeast worship being a thing, and even with the majority of civs being polytheistic. The thing is, I basically just want there to be a couple of strictly monotheistic religions followed by certain civs for whom A) polytheism doesn't make sense, and B) I've got a religion and narrative thought out.

Grimm Spector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: October 29, 2017, 06:25:42 pm »

Using the DFHack advfort stuff, and I was able to make a masons workshop, and a couple gabbro blocks out of a piece of gabbro stone...but after making one set of blocks, and having more stone, I can't see to make anymore blocks.

Additionally I'm trying to make a metalsmiths forge, but it doesn't seem to want to accept my fireproof block as a material...

I also can't make any stone items at the masons now that I've used it once, with any stone at the workshop...

I am very confused, some help would be super awesome!
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 243