Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 243

Author Topic: DFHack 50.13-r1  (Read 810358 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.43.05-r1
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2017, 03:02:06 pm »

There was an issue almost like that reported in alpha3. I'd be surprised if it was happening in alpha4, but I would try upgrading to r1 and see what happens.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Moonshine Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2017, 03:10:56 pm »

There was an issue almost like that reported in alpha3. I'd be surprised if it was happening in alpha4, but I would try upgrading to r1 and see what happens.

I downloaded the latest (r1) from git, ran it and it works now. Apparently alpha4 was the latest in the AUR (Arch User Repository), and r1 wasn't uploaded and packaged yet. But yes, r1 fixed the problem. Thanks for the headsup!

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2017, 03:21:58 pm »

Oh, there was a different issue fixed in beta1 that was just occurring on Linux (the changelog mentions automaterial, but the bug probably affected buildingplan too).

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2017, 04:31:30 pm »

I didn't even know the aur had a dfhack build, I just use the arch df install as a base for the graphics fixes and slap the rest of my stuff on top when it's available.

Tournesol

• Bay Watcher
  • GOAT?? ME??
    • View Profile
A bug with "source"?
« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2017, 05:19:54 pm »

TL;DR: Blood appeared where water created by "source" fell through a grate.

I wanted to cheat myself to a mist generator using source, this is the setup:
The idea is to have mist on level z.
In a closed chamber on level z+1, "source add water" on a tile. The water then falls through grates to level z, and then down (through grates on level z) to another closed chamber on level z-1, where there is a tile with "source add water 0".
On some of the grates on level z, blood stains (spatterings) appear.
This blood is stated as coming from a certain giant who was killed (game-)years ago.
It seems to me that this blood ought not to appear.

Using the current PeridexisErrant Starter Pack on Windows 7. Ask for a copy of the save and you shall have it.

Apolgies for not reporting on Github, but they require account creation.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2017, 08:01:51 pm »

I'm not entirely sure how spatters work, but I think I've seen things like that happen in vanilla before. Whatever it is, I doubt it has much to do with "source". You could try diverting a river or creating more water using "gui/liquids" (or "liquids") and see if more blood shows up. Maybe the grate has blood on it, although I'm not sure if that's possible.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2017, 08:28:35 pm »

blood spatter is insidious... remaining on objects for years waiting to be rehydrated and passed around again... I've seen such things many times... a dwarf will clean the floors and walls... he may clean himself, but not very well without soap.  a dwarf never cleans the spatters off of stuff in storage, which might have got the spatter when a dwarf stored it in the stockpile... later someone picked it up walked past the mist generator and boom splatter everywhere.  I'd use clean in dfhack and use it to get rid of splatters on items and the maps.  and then see if it comes back.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Tournesol

• Bay Watcher
  • GOAT?? ME??
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2017, 02:26:15 am »

... I doubt it has much to do with "source". You could try diverting a river or creating more water using "gui/liquids" (or "liquids") and see if more blood shows up. Maybe the grate has blood on it, although I'm not sure if that's possible.
OK, I'll do some !!SCIENCE!!. May be a while until I report back, though.

blood spatter is insidious... remaining on objects for years waiting to be rehydrated and passed around again...

I'd use clean in dfhack and use it to get rid of splatters on items and the maps.  and then see if it comes back.
So, even if the grates were made a long time after the Giant fight, and with lots of soap available, what Amostubal says is likely how it is. Especially as I have not yet used "clean" in this fortress, apart from a few "spotcleans" (inclkuding removing the spatter on the grates only to see it return, perhaps washed off another dwarf).

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2017, 10:58:37 am »

yeah I've seen a dwarf go to a pond wash himself and still have the splatter on his clothes, just not himself.  I've seen them use soap and get  it off of everything they had in inventory and themselves.... and then walk through the splatter he just cleaned off and track it through an entire base.  I've seen a dwarf go to a shallow basin I made clean himself, then walk through that basin and track it down every hallway... eventually the game stops displaying it as it slowly reduces (I'm not so sure about the internals, but I'm guessing a counter is ticking off for it to dry).  but it never seems to self delete without actually cleaning with soap everything, or utilizing the clean command in dfhack...  at least you didn't have a raining blood embark. *que slayer music now*
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Moonshine Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2017, 12:26:53 am »

I didn't even know the aur had a dfhack build, I just use the arch df install as a base for the graphics fixes and slap the rest of my stuff on top when it's available.
This is what I do as well now. But I used the AUR just for the fun of it. But it seems slow to update, and I'm usually very bleeding edge on DF.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2017, 08:25:54 pm »

Last week I was working on getting TwbT to work with other DFHack tools better, without having to replace some DFHack-provided plugins. As a bonus, it works with some GUI scripts now too!

Spoiler: gui/siege-engine (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: gui/guide-path (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: devel/unit-path (click to show/hide)

Mifki also fixed some issues with overlays (e.g. Lua sidebars) hiding the map in fortress mode completely, so things like gui/liquids should be usable now.

Spoiler: gui/liquids (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: gui/room-list (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: gui/mechanisms (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: gui/power-meter (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: gui/workshop-job (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 08:29:57 pm by lethosor »

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2017, 08:33:13 pm »

well those are pretty lethosor.  I can't wait for r2 now. lol
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2017, 09:02:30 pm »

Oh hell yeah. You can't... well actually I think you can imagine exactly how much that blind mode has been grinding my gears.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2017, 11:23:17 pm »

In the process of getting sidebars to work with TwbT, I figured out how sidebars work, so here's a front-end for the "teleport" script ("gui/teleport"):

Spoiler: Selecting a unit (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Use with caution (click to show/hide)

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2017, 02:56:23 am »

That sidebar integration looks rather handy. I hope you can share the knowledge of how it works (a couple of working examples may very be all that's needed for that, unless there are caveats you have to take into consideration).
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 243