Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 243

Author Topic: DFHack 50.12-r3  (Read 807880 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.43.05-r1
« Reply #60 on: June 10, 2017, 06:55:22 am »

Oh shit I found something I have looked for periodically with no luck, while trying to get a script together to let you pick some more stuff while setting up an adventurer, like your starting site/deity/etc right?

One of the unks back in the adventurer subscreen happened to catch my eye because, man... those values look really familiar... but surely it couldn't be THE FUCKING APPEARANCE AND SIZE MODIFIERS!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
So naturally I'll get around to poking at them some more and see about getting a pull request in, but damn, that is NOT what I expected to find and I have no idea how I missed it because I'm sure I've been over that unk_324 entry.

Gorobay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 10, 2017, 08:23:02 am »

unk_324 is indeed the appearance modifiers. It was identified in pull request #190, but there are still some unknown fields.

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2017, 08:21:01 pm »

...but surely it couldn't be THE FUCKING APPEARANCE AND SIZE MODIFIERS!

We'll finally have a chance one day to customize our adventurers after the initial creation of them? O_O

If so then so much yes from me. I still get OCD about getting my character's facial descriptions right and even when RNG does get it right somewhat I've already wasted either an hour or two of my time so I avoid the entire damn thing by just blunt-forcing my Ischrotaur god-race to look the same each time due to set-in-stone lines in the raw files, I'm the only one anyway in the game who exists as that particular sentient-super-being.

But still, I'd love to change appearance and body sizes mid-game when I start not liking something or find something off-putting. I tend to alter my character looks multiple times in other games until I find/alter something I eventually end up using always.
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2017, 08:37:09 pm »

Yeah, once I get rested I'll poke around more at trying to get a general advedit.lua script set up with options for manipulating your site/deity/entity/appearance during creation, and add in the values/skills/attributes editing on top of that for general use later.
unk_324 is indeed the appearance modifiers. It was identified in pull request #190, but there are still some unknown fields.
Well naturally I just started getting back into a scripty mood so I missed that one, and several of them depend on the creature raw so we won't be able to have like nose_length and ear_height due to the ones populated from the creature, but unk_7[0] is height, unk_7[1] is broadness, unk_11 is the creature_mat number for the following tissues, in this case hair (24) for my modded dwarves (440), unk_12 is the hair/hair/sideburn/sideburn/beard/moustache styles, unk_13 is the hair/hair/sideburn/sideburn/beard/moustache style types, unk_14 is tissue length but weirdly spaced so [4] and [6] were hair length, [5] was 0, same for the other tissues, unk_16 is hair/skin/eye colors.

Incidentally, I've been driving myself nuts trying to get names.lua working again, the way mifki showed me:
local blah = df.new(df.viewscreen_setupadventurest) ; blah.subscreen = 3
...doesn't work anymore.

I tried all sorts of different ways of trying to point it at the name selection screen like blah.child=df.viewscreen_layer_choose_language_namest:new() all the way to shit like trying to have the names screen declared first and then create a .parent as the viewscreen_setupadventurest which was pretty good at crashing df, but I've had shit for luck getting it to work outside of a weird case where it put a screen up properly which wanted the right inputs but it was blank and just prevented me from doing shit besides devel/pop-screen-ing it away.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2017, 09:39:33 pm »

Hey, I'm having some trouble with DFhack in conjunction with my Spellcrafts mod. Specifically, the alchemy labor shows up red in the in-game menu with dfhack installed and cannot be activated for dwarves. I was wondering why this is, as in why is that particular job not available? I can obviously change the reactions to use some other labor if need be.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2017, 09:43:51 pm »

Man, I've seen where that is blocked by something but I can't think of what.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2017, 10:50:14 pm »

It's "tweak block-labors". Manipulator also does that, and other tools may use the same check.

The issue is that your civ isn't allowed to perform that labor. It may have something to do with the PERMITTED_JOB token, although DFHack appears to be checking for allowed labors specifically, not professions (maybe allowed labors are computed in-game).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2017, 11:33:20 pm »

Alright. Im not even sure theres an alchemist profession, but if there is then adding it to the list of valid professions in the entity file should fix it?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 11, 2017, 07:22:33 am »

I found a reference to [PERMITTED_JOB:ALCHEMIST] in another thread, so that might be it. Alternatively, maybe permitting a reaction that increases the alchemy skill would work too. Or you could just disable the tweak, which should allow you to at least assign the labor.

Sorry I'm not able to be more helpful. If you do find something that works, we could add it to the documentation.

Edit: another thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=110704.msg7053207;topicseen#msg7053207
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Gorobay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2017, 01:23:09 pm »

Well naturally I just started getting back into a scripty mood so I missed that one, and several of them depend on the creature raw so we won't be able to have like nose_length and ear_height due to the ones populated from the creature, but unk_7[0] is height, unk_7[1] is broadness, unk_11 is the creature_mat number for the following tissues, in this case hair (24) for my modded dwarves (440), unk_12 is the hair/hair/sideburn/sideburn/beard/moustache styles, unk_13 is the hair/hair/sideburn/sideburn/beard/moustache style types, unk_14 is tissue length but weirdly spaced so [4] and [6] were hair length, [5] was 0, same for the other tissues, unk_16 is hair/skin/eye colors.
unk_7[0] and unk_7[1] are not height and broadness: they are the first and second body modifiers. As it turns out, those are commonly height and broadness, but you have to look up the caste’s body_appearance_modifier to know for sure. Similarly, to determine nose length and ear height, consult unk_8 with reference to the caste’s bp_appearance.modifiers.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 12, 2017, 12:18:30 am »

I found a reference to [PERMITTED_JOB:ALCHEMIST] in another thread, so that might be it. Alternatively, maybe permitting a reaction that increases the alchemy skill would work too. Or you could just disable the tweak, which should allow you to at least assign the labor.

Sorry I'm not able to be more helpful. If you do find something that works, we could add it to the documentation.

Edit: another thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=110704.msg7053207;topicseen#msg7053207

Adding that to the entity did work. Thanks!
I make Spellcrafts!

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2017, 10:37:02 am »

So I am trying to work on the robustness of modtools/create-unit (still occasionally getting crashes when using it) and was wondering if anyone else that uses it has documented any crashes? I think I know what causes a couple of them, but I'm hoping to eliminate all crashes (as I would like to use it extensively). So if you ever use it and get a crash could you please tell me what command you used, if your game was paused or running when you used it, game mode, and anything else you can think of.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2017, 11:14:57 am »

So I am trying to work on the robustness of modtools/create-unit (still occasionally getting crashes when using it) and was wondering if anyone else that uses it has documented any crashes? I think I know what causes a couple of them, but I'm hoping to eliminate all crashes (as I would like to use it extensively). So if you ever use it and get a crash could you please tell me what command you used, if your game was paused or running when you used it, game mode, and anything else you can think of.

I did a lot of work on it,  I found that a lot of the older errors, where it would fail half way through came through teleport, so I just moved the cursor instead.  As for crashes... well I've mainly seen crashes when a script tries to push more than 1 unit at a time into the game, It seems like your chance of crash increases along by the number of units being created at once.  Where 1 at a time really doesn't crash often (1 in 50 or better), but if your tossing 10 out, your going to crash around 25% of the time.  I've had 20 successful once, after 3 attempts, so I call that a 50% fail rate.  I avoid making more than 10 at a time, although if it ever got to the point of not crashing I'd do more.... I use them in active play mode through reaction-triggers so its more of an actual modded in game mechanic, than just playing with it.  I've even considered maybe seeing if a delay script that could queue up create-unit calls with wait times could be used to reduce the crashes... the issues is what exactly is causing the crash.  When I did paused testing I couldn't really get it to crash to often, even when using a script that creates multiple units.  It seems to be when I let time run or step through that it fails in the first tick.

additionally since this script can be paired with "create-item", the unit can be given another civ, and invader tags, I did a little work creating mini 1 man invaders out of this for a proof of concept script created force invasion, made it about half way through it, but abandoned it when I realized I could effectively call for a 50 man army in waves of 10 and effectively guarantee a crash.  So I shelved it until someone with a little better idea of whats going on could fix the crash issues.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 11:24:01 am by Amostubal »
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 13, 2017, 11:48:45 am »

Yes, one of the more common crashes is creating a unit outside of the game dimensions while unpaused, this is helped by setting the cursor to a valid position so that the unit is spawned within the game boundaries. I am also experimenting with pausing the game, creating the unit, and then unpausing, it seems to help ease the crashes. I'm thinking about putting in a 3 tick delay (maybe longer) between creating multiple units at once. So that the game isn't trying to assign pathing (and other calculations) to 20 new units at once.

danamlund

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 13, 2017, 12:27:13 pm »

Another small bug with create-unit I found.
When invoking create-unit while a modal dialog is visible, dwarf fortress is left in a pseudo arena-mode.
This is most visible with the dwarf unit lists only showing names and not professions.

I also noticed slightly fewer crashes by invoking create-unit a bunch of times inside a dfhack.with_suspend(..). But this is no big surprise.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 243