Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 243

Author Topic: DFHack 50.13-r1  (Read 809675 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.44.05-r1
« Reply #885 on: February 20, 2018, 05:33:28 am »

How do I use steam engine plugin? Documentation about when it enables itself is very vague, literally "detects custom workshops with STEAM_ENGINE in their token".

So, I need to create a new building with [STEAM_ENGINE] tag? How should I define it? It is mentioned afterwards that power is transmitted through edge tiles "that looks like gearboxes". What happens if I do NOT define tiles to look like gearboxes?

BTW, I use latest LNP if it helps.

1. That's straight up it. A building with STEAM_ENGINE in its tag will be a steam engine.

Code: [Select]
out.printerr("%s has no gear tiles - ignoring.\n", wslist[i]->code.c_str());
So if you define a workshop called STEAM_ENGINE_AVE without any gearbox tiles, DFHack will give you an error saying "STEAM_ENGINE_AVE has no gear tiles - ignoring."

AVE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: February 20, 2018, 06:09:58 am »

Should I define "Stoke Boiler" reaction or will it be autoinjected? If not, how shoud I define it? Also, it is mentioned that workshop should be constructed from barrel, pipe and "piston". If I omit this parts in building definition, will they be autoinjected also? Because I dunno what is that aforementioned "piston" and to what item category it should belong.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: February 20, 2018, 06:30:18 am »

1. I'd assume it's autoinjected unless proven otherwise.
2. I'd guess that you can let it be built however you damn well please, with any items you want it to, since it uses a building definition. If I were to implement a "piston", I'd make it a tool or trap component.

AVE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: February 20, 2018, 06:58:12 am »

1. I'd assume it's autoinjected unless proven otherwise.
2. I'd guess that you can let it be built however you damn well please, with any items you want it to, since it uses a building definition. If I were to implement a "piston", I'd make it a tool or trap component.
OK, I feel like an idiot now. Instead of asking (stupid) questions I should've looked into dfhack directory. There it is, hack/raw. It contains everything I asked for, every definition, every reaction. I think I'll just copy everything that belongs to steam engine from there and try to gen a world.

Thank you for your help!

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #889 on: February 20, 2018, 07:24:44 am »

Alright, so I've asked similar questions before, but this one is a little more concrete. Does anyone know of a way to make attacks able to hit from more than one square away?

I just spent the last hour adding attacks to units in arena mode and changing all the flags and unk variables to try all the various combinations but I had no luck. The attacks only ever connected and generated a report when the two units were within 1 square of each other. It makes me think it isn't possible, but I'm trying to create special skills that can hit from more than one square away and still using the standard attack action (think something like a magic flame whip).
my first idea was the spear. those weapons could only hit an enemy with the point if they were far enough.
Can't you hit someone with a spear at point blank? You can literally hold the spear right under the blade and shove it in to someone who's just about on top of you. The spear is a bit unwieldy at point blank, but is absolutely not worthless.
well, using a spear (3m and longer) effective would mean you keep the enemy at distance and if they come closer, you can still hit them with the blunt shaft, but no more stabby stabby.
If you hold the spear underneath the blade, you can simply use it like a difficultly balanced dagger. That's far from being denied use of the business end of a spear. There would be a bit of hangage but at that point, it's more a question of if someone can actually command a hold on your weapon and not just whether you can touch a hostile or not.
That, and 3m spears would probably count as pikes at that point..
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 07:27:10 am by iceball3 »

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: February 20, 2018, 08:07:17 am »

Before issuing a bug report: Is hauling of damaged goods to the refuse stockpile a vanilla feature or added by DFHack? In my case it's a cage containing a captured ogre, and I don't think the cage should be discarded until it has been emptied.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: February 20, 2018, 09:45:34 am »

Fairly certain that's vanilla, but try running DF without DFHack to be sure.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: February 20, 2018, 10:52:02 am »

Alright, so I've asked similar questions before, but this one is a little more concrete. Does anyone know of a way to make attacks able to hit from more than one square away?

I just spent the last hour adding attacks to units in arena mode and changing all the flags and unk variables to try all the various combinations but I had no luck. The attacks only ever connected and generated a report when the two units were within 1 square of each other. It makes me think it isn't possible, but I'm trying to create special skills that can hit from more than one square away and still using the standard attack action (think something like a magic flame whip).
my first idea was the spear. those weapons could only hit an enemy with the point if they were far enough.
Can't you hit someone with a spear at point blank? You can literally hold the spear right under the blade and shove it in to someone who's just about on top of you. The spear is a bit unwieldy at point blank, but is absolutely not worthless.
well, using a spear (3m and longer) effective would mean you keep the enemy at distance and if they come closer, you can still hit them with the blunt shaft, but no more stabby stabby.
If you hold the spear underneath the blade, you can simply use it like a difficultly balanced dagger. That's far from being denied use of the business end of a spear. There would be a bit of hangage but at that point, it's more a question of if someone can actually command a hold on your weapon and not just whether you can touch a hostile or not.
That, and 3m spears would probably count as pikes at that point..
however this maneuver puts the wielder in a high risk of losing their weapon.
also when the attacker gets past the point of the spear and gets into melee range, there's no time left for the wielder of the spear to pull back the spear and change the grip position and maneuvering the point back between them and the attacker.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: February 21, 2018, 04:12:24 am »

Create-unit need an update. Around l340 there is some old hack to avoid hostility that involve anon fields that do not exist anymore. I also took the chance to make it use the random caste selection function if you do not provide the -caste parameter, making it optional (l481).

Here's an updated version. Is it big enough to require a pull request or you can handle it yourself?

By the way, it seems that units created for your civ and group is hostile for some time between 1 and ~60 frames. I think it means that the hostility cache must be invalidated. I'll give it a try and tell you if this is the case.

There is also an issue with names. In 44.05 the newly created unit get their arena name (ie Dog #12345) as their "First name" and I can't figure a way to wipe it except invoking the name method to overwrite it with a proper civ name. This does not respect the usual naming values and even emptying it cause DF reapply the name right after.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 04:17:49 am by Boltgun »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.44.05-r2
« Reply #894 on: February 22, 2018, 01:32:15 am »

New (small) release: https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases/tag/0.44.05-r2

I suppose a pull request would have been better there; there's no such thing as a pull request that's "too small", at least for our purposes. I'll get that change in soon.

Why are you setting first_name to "", by the way? I seem to remember taking something like that (if not exactly that) out because it produced unwanted behavior in fortress or arena mode - did you test both?

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: February 22, 2018, 03:11:33 am »

Why are you setting first_name to "", by the way? I seem to remember taking something like that (if not exactly that) out because it produced unwanted behavior in fortress or arena mode - did you test both?

I tested it in for mode, and will check arena asap. It was part of an attempt to remove the arena name in fort mode but that did not work, but did not cause weird behavior in this version.

ShinyBluePen

• Escaped Lunatic
  • :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: February 27, 2018, 08:22:00 am »

Hey all!

I'm having an issue with the mouse controls that I'm not sure how to resolve.  With the last version of the LNP mouse controls, it wouldn't try to go down Z levels when I moved over a ramp or open space; like it does with the current version.  Mouse controls are awesome and I'd like to keep using them, but the automatic teleporting from moving my cursor over empty space is really annoying, especially in the caverns.

Is there anything I can do to disable only the auto switching of Z-levels?

Warm regards

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: February 27, 2018, 08:36:07 am »

Are you using TWBT or the mousequery plugin distributed with TWBT? Those might be causing it. I haven't seen that behavior with the default mousequery plugin, anyway.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: February 27, 2018, 01:41:00 pm »

I've tried with TWBT mousequery and with vanilla mousequery.
I've tried with STANDARD, 2D, and TWBT print mode.
I've tried with the intro video on and off.
I've tried with mousequery edge enabled and disabled.
I've tried with mousequery live enabled and disabled.
I've tried while pause, while not paused, and I've tried clicking on the ramps.
But I've never seen the Z levels change by just using the mouse. I have no idea how that is happening.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 02:29:54 pm by jecowa »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: February 27, 2018, 02:16:13 pm »

Thanks for testing all of those. ShinyBluePen, is it possible that you have tap-to-click turned on (system-wide) and don't realize it?

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 243