Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 243

Author Topic: DFHack 50.13-r1  (Read 811433 times)

funkydwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.44.05-r2 | 0.44.08-alpha1 (dev)
« Reply #960 on: March 31, 2018, 06:18:47 am »

Shiny pants. The future to me is crazy fast df-hack beta releases and shiny pants. I have seen some shiny pants here and there for a while now , but now...

The future is finally here...its a new damn day :o

Is this the end of the symbol find grind so many brave and selfless people have had to do countless times for the community? Is Ben's script possible because of whatever symbol-finding-helper function Toady said he would put in sometime before the last update?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: March 31, 2018, 06:30:24 am »

It is because of that, yes.

All the global addresses are stored in the exe file, and can be found by a script. That does not, however, account for any changes to the structures themselves, which requires manual verification.

vvAve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: March 31, 2018, 10:45:36 am »

I drafted a woodcutter in a squad to equip leather armor, he won't cut trees afterwards. After killing target dorf gets stuck on a tile, I teleported him somewhere else, but he still won't move. Retire/unretire - weapons are not in the equipment list now.

How likely these problems are caused by alpha dfhack?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 11:08:12 am by vvAve »

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: March 31, 2018, 11:09:37 am »

I drafted woodcutter in squad to equip leather armor, he won't cut trees afterwards. After killing target dorf gets stuck on a tile, I teleported him somewhere else, but he still won't move. Retire/unretire - weapons are not in equipment list now.

How likely these problems are caused by alpha dfhack?
Not at all. It's caused by the known vanilla issue of civilian jobs with "uniform" tools (hunter/miner/wood cutter) having the civilian uniform conflicting with the military one. In practice, this means you cannot have these jobs active while wearing a military uniform, as part of the uniform is a military weapon (which may be of the same type, but still has to be a different object). Don't draft dorfs with these jobs or you're going to have "issues".

vvAve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: March 31, 2018, 11:16:34 am »

Understandable, but usual forbid/dump/cleanowned didn't help for some reason. Other bugs are new to me though.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #965 on: March 31, 2018, 12:44:00 pm »

Understandable, but usual forbid/dump/cleanowned didn't help for some reason. Other bugs are new to me though.
Is there a reason why you expected forbid/dump/cleanowned to solve that problem?

For the record, this particular problem has been in the game for about 8 years now (originally reported in April 2010), so it's nothing new from our perspective.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

vvAve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: April 01, 2018, 09:48:54 am »

it's nothing new from our perspective.
Other bugs are new to me though.
I specifically didn't equip axes, dwarf dropped axe, picked weapon and then never picked axe again.

I was just wondering if hack's bugfixing scripts could affect these things.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: April 01, 2018, 10:08:10 am »

it's nothing new from our perspective.
Other bugs are new to me though.
I specifically didn't equip axes, dwarf dropped axe, picked weapon and then never picked axe again.

I was just wondering if hack's bugfixing scripts could affect these things.
The woodcutter's axe is part of the WOODCUTTER uniform. This uniform is REPLACED by the MILITIA uniform (which may lack weapons defined, but that doesn't matter) when the woodcutter is drafted. Once you remove the bugger from the militia an axe for wood cutting purposes will be picked up (assuming one is available, if the one used previously is rendered unavailable by being part of the uniform for a currently unfilled militia slot). This is a vanilla DF issue.

Unless a dorf selects a "job" somewhere he won't move. A dorf assigned to an active squad with no training facilities ordered to kill a target won't have any jobs matching the military profile until getting hungry/thirsty/sleepy once the target has been killed.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.44.05-r2 | 0.44.09-alpha1 (dev)
« Reply #968 on: April 02, 2018, 12:44:13 am »

For 0.44.09: https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases/tag/0.44.09-alpha1

Turns out I made mistakes running some manual checks against 0.44.08, so the release for 0.44.08 should have been more stable than I made it sound. By extension, this one shouldn't be too bad either, so it still supports 0.44.08 and 0.44.07, although I don't recommend using those much.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

uioped1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: April 04, 2018, 12:25:33 am »

I am attempting to make an adventurer a full citizen of a fort after retire and reclaim.
It looks like I am able to do that using the script gui/gm-editor
I found that the necessary step is to add a reference to the former adventurere's historical figure id in histfig_ids on the historical_entity for the local group.
That seems to work, however I am concerned about later crashes, as I cannot figure out how to add a reference to the historical figure object in the hist_figures array.  Will it be a problem to skip that step?

Secondly, it seems like the nemesis ids may be related, but I can't figure out what a nemesis is.

Any other things I should look out for?

Thanks for your help.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: April 04, 2018, 07:34:18 am »

I am attempting to make an adventurer a full citizen of a fort after retire and reclaim.
It looks like I am able to do that using the script gui/gm-editor
I found that the necessary step is to add a reference to the former adventurere's historical figure id in histfig_ids on the historical_entity for the local group.
That seems to work, however I am concerned about later crashes, as I cannot figure out how to add a reference to the historical figure object in the hist_figures array.  Will it be a problem to skip that step?

Secondly, it seems like the nemesis ids may be related, but I can't figure out what a nemesis is.

Any other things I should look out for?

Thanks for your help.
you should be able to cross reference an Adventurer who starts from the fort for the adventurer's who don't but really it just aligning the Citizen's id (the unit's Civ, Population, and probably group ids to match with the starting citizen's ids everything else seems to be not really needed) with the rest of the fort once your in Fort mode.
I do remember someone making a script that converts units to your Fort might be Called Makeown.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

uioped1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: April 04, 2018, 11:38:02 pm »

you should be able to cross reference an Adventurer who starts from the fort for the adventurer's who don't but really it just aligning the Citizen's id (the unit's Civ, Population, and probably group ids to match with the starting citizen's ids everything else seems to be not really needed) with the rest of the fort once your in Fort mode.
I do remember someone making a script that converts units to your Fort might be Called Makeown.

Thanks.  Googling found the makeown command in the tweak plugin, but that is not sufficient to make my adventurer accept labor assignments.  (it sets the civ and some flags on the unit - resident, etc) I suspect something has changed in the game that renders that command irrelevant.   Based on a hint in the forums I found what I posted previously, which does work, however I'm not sure if I'm just missing something that is not completely working.  If anyone can tell me whether it's possible to change an existing reference using gui/gm-editor, that would be helpful.

edit: I just had an epiphany what a nemesis is: it is the corresponding unit id for the historical figure... not sure why anything worked without it, but hey.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 11:59:11 pm by uioped1 »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.44.09-r1
« Reply #972 on: April 05, 2018, 12:09:36 am »

New release! https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases/tag/0.44.09-r1
Also, we're experimenting with a new OS X compiler (built today!), thanks to BenLubar, so let us know if that works. It works on my system, at least.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: April 05, 2018, 04:48:01 pm »

Woah. I just got back into DF and already a few new updates to the game! Heh, at least I don't have to wait for dfhack to update. Need to gen a new adv world anyways for modding reasons and for my adventurer's personality change while also hoping to get a better spot for a draenei town to spawn.

Anyhow, is there a way to change one's own named item's/artifact's civ language the name is written in?
Heh, nevermind. Went to my new artifact two-handed broadsword's main menu and typed in names in the console. Now I gotta just hit random name generator until I get draenei language on my sword. Should've noticed that randomize the first time I named it which makes it the second time I forgot I can change the civ language that way, heh.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 09:04:43 pm by Droggarth »
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky

Cocoprimate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: April 06, 2018, 07:45:32 pm »

Please help!

I spawned a couple dragons via dfhack to breed them, using the following command:

modtools/create-unit -race DRAGON -caste MALE -civId //-1

I successfully captured and trained them, and put them in an animal zone so they can lay their eggs. The thing is, as soon as my dwarves start leading them to their assigned zone, monster hunting visitors chase them and try to attack the tamed dragon. This results in my fortress burning down and my dwarves attacking the visitors. Also, the dragons seem to be hostile to my military dwarves, but only the military. If I let it go on, I think this might cause a loyalty cascade between my dwarves.

To fix this, I edited their raws and removed the MEGABEAST flag and it worked.

But what happens now is that when I set them in their animal zones adjacent to each other so that they can breed, they attack each other instantly so I can't breed them. What did I do wrong? Is there anything I can do to make it work? Please keep in mind I'm mostly illiterate when it comes to dfhack. I lifted the spawn command from somewhere and I have no clue if I'm doing it correctly.
The story of Aban Diamondtowns the Charms of Society, dwarf legend, and his descent into the depths. (SPOILER)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=79229.0
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 243