Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 243

Author Topic: DFHack 50.13-r1  (Read 811587 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.44.09-r1
« Reply #975 on: April 07, 2018, 06:06:44 am »

the fact they attack the military is a Vanilla hardcoded issue and not a DFhack related bit.
probably tied to the Passiveness they had in the previous versions being patched for adventurers but ended up making them hostile if anyone enlisted... due to the adventurer is part of a military group from the start.
I seen this happen when I modded the game to give me All general Poison classed creatures and the end result made it so Night trolls only attack if someone arms themselves.
now on the Dragon problem I have no clue, outside of Dfhack the dragon to plop out eggs(using an empregnate script) then editing the eggs with Gm-editor to be fertile and pray the mother doesn't try to eat her kids in the process.
if your already modding the dragons then probably scan through their raws to see if any token is causing them to attack, or if Breathing fire is a Greeting.

you probably should have set the Civid to the fort to skip the step and headache of training them as that might be the fault.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: April 07, 2018, 08:53:45 am »

Well its more or less a requirement to enable non-brawling behaviour in having your weapon out typically, so im not terribly suprised. There's probably very little that can be done to correct this even with mass applied scripts to set them to lethal though.

Night trolls are intelligent enough to make a assessment of a armed theat, regular cavern trolls still have the basic intelligence to do the same and will proceed to topple your workshops mostly being ignored until you send in dwarves to dispatch it, and while i occasionally see most creatures be more hostile when dwarves bumble too close, they don't exactly charge at them but rather the dwarves need to get in the way of them somehow. Known bug. #0010031

Cocoprimate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: April 07, 2018, 11:19:19 am »

seen this happen when I modded the game to give me All general Poison classed creatures and the end result made it so Night trolls only attack if someone arms themselves.
now on the Dragon problem I have no clue, outside of Dfhack the dragon to plop out eggs(using an empregnate script) then editing the eggs with Gm-editor to be fertile and pray the mother doesn't try to eat her kids in the process.
if your already modding the dragons then probably scan through their raws to see if any token is causing them to attack, or if Breathing fire is a Greeting.

you probably should have set the Civid to the fort to skip the step and headache of training them as that might be the fault.

I've gone through the raws but I don't think there's anything there to affect them like this (which token would cause this?). I just added the child tag and changed the egg size. How do I set the civid to the fort?
The story of Aban Diamondtowns the Charms of Society, dwarf legend, and his descent into the depths. (SPOILER)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=79229.0

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: April 07, 2018, 01:44:54 pm »

There's a -setUnitToFort argument you can pass, which is equivalent to using the -groupId and -civId arguments: http://dfhack.readthedocs.io/en/stable/docs/_auto/modtools.html#modtools-create-unit
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Cocoprimate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: April 07, 2018, 05:31:48 pm »

It still doesn't work. It appears some animals spawned via this way are always hostile towards members of their own species, but others don't. I tried spawning pairs of different creatures: dragons, lions, dogs, cats, elephants and cows.

Dragons, lions and dogs attacked each other mercilessly as soon as they spawned. Elephants, cows and cats didn't attack each other, though it seemed one of the two always became "overcome with mortal terror" of their fellow creature.

I always used the following command: modtools/create-unit -race ELEPHANT (for example) -caste FEMALE -setUnitToFort

What could be causing this? Some carnivore thing?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 05:33:43 pm by Cocoprimate »
The story of Aban Diamondtowns the Charms of Society, dwarf legend, and his descent into the depths. (SPOILER)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=79229.0

Lenny Zicree

• Bay Watcher
  • I, accidentally ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: April 08, 2018, 12:17:50 pm »

using
[DFHack]# tweak adamantine-cloth-wear
[DFHack]# tweak craft-age-wear

i just found that every last unworn bit of adamantine cloth and armor in my game has f* rotted down to "xXadamantine cloakxX" inside of 19.5 months.

i dont know what to do anymore. i'm getting that ptsd look you see on toilet cleaners working in stadiums i'm so disappointed.

does anyone have a script to remove wear from all items please?
don't cook what you can brew

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: April 08, 2018, 01:52:14 pm »

i just found that every last unworn bit of adamantine cloth and armor in my game has f* rotted down to "xXadamantine cloakxX" inside of 19.5 months.
Could be the new item damage mechanics. Armor takes damage in combat, and dwarves will swap them out for new ones.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Lenny Zicree

• Bay Watcher
  • I, accidentally ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: April 08, 2018, 02:32:12 pm »

Could be the new item damage mechanics. Armor takes damage in combat, and dwarves will swap them out for new ones.

no combat. it was never worn, stored in a locked 3x3.
it rotted worse than the clothing it was intended to replace.
don't cook what you can brew

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: April 08, 2018, 02:43:23 pm »

That sounds like more wear than expected, although I haven't used those tweaks. Did you enable them yourself or were they in the default config file? You included the DFHack prompt so I'm not sure.
I think wear is determined by one or two item counters, so you should be able to change it back with gui/gm-editor, lua, etc. without a full-fledged script.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: April 08, 2018, 03:08:32 pm »

no combat. it was never worn, stored in a locked 3x3.
it rotted worse than the clothing it was intended to replace.
You didn't have refuse enabled on the stockpile, did you?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Bomepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: April 09, 2018, 08:07:43 pm »

Any scripters out there have experience with using dfhack.items.remove(item), particularly on corpses?

I've put together a janky-ass script to crawl a stockpile and replace Sentient Corpses with Bone Blocks (for reasons) and I was wondering if the deletion part of the code would cause any problems when used on a large scale. I'd hope the actual corpse objects aren't just piling up somewhere, waiting to cause crashes and FPS loss, but I don't really know for certain, and would love some reassurance from you veterans.
Megadorf™ A giant dwarf shaped dwarf fortress

The All Guardsmen Party

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: April 09, 2018, 09:51:24 pm »

If it's a dfhack function, it should do all the requisite cleanup. There may be problems if the item is in use, perhaps.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: April 09, 2018, 10:13:08 pm »

Taking a look at the implementation should answer some of your questions. Specifically, it sets the garbage_collect flag to true unless the last argument is true, which will remove it safely and completely (after a small delay, usually). Before doing that, it calls detachItem(), which fails and returns false if there are certain general/specific refs, if specific screens are open in specific situations, and a few other things (anything with "return false" in that function), but if detachItem returns false, so will remove(), so it should be pretty easy to detect.

Bomepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: April 09, 2018, 10:36:26 pm »

Neat, thanks for the reassurance. Not it's time for the smoke test, here's hoping the lack of buriable bodies doesn't cause weirdness with ghosts and such.
Megadorf™ A giant dwarf shaped dwarf fortress

The All Guardsmen Party

uioped1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.44.05-r2 | 0.44.09-alpha1 (dev)
« Reply #989 on: April 10, 2018, 03:06:01 pm »

you should be able to cross reference an Adventurer who starts from the fort for the adventurer's who don't but really it just aligning the Citizen's id (the unit's Civ, Population, and probably group ids to match with the starting citizen's ids everything else seems to be not really needed) with the rest of the fort once your in Fort mode.
I do remember someone making a script that converts units to your Fort might be Called Makeown.

Thanks.  Googling found the makeown command in the tweak plugin, but that is not sufficient to make my adventurer accept labor assignments.  (it sets the civ and some flags on the unit - resident, etc) I suspect something has changed in the game that renders that command irrelevant.   Based on a hint in the forums I found what I posted previously, which does work, however I'm not sure if I'm just missing something that is not completely working.  If anyone can tell me whether it's possible to change an existing reference using gui/gm-editor, that would be helpful.

edit: I just had an epiphany what a nemesis is: it is the corresponding unit id for the historical figure... not sure why anything worked without it, but hey.
A quick update on this, I've found that adding the references to the nemesis/hist fig entries is not necessary, since loading from a save synchronizes them.  Working on figuring out how to perform same from a script.  when I do I'll submit a pull request.  If anyone can point me to documentation of the data model exposed to scripts in dfhack, that would be _extremely_ helpful.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 243