Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 242

Author Topic: DFHack 50.11-r6  (Read 795390 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
DFHack 50.11-r6
« on: May 13, 2017, 10:35:51 pm »

DFHack is a cross-platform framework allowing for easier development of tools that access DF memory (and of course, making the game more enjoyable for players). It comes with some useful tools that can fix your fort and make it easier to manage. DFHack integrates with Dwarf Fortress and extends it with plugins, scripts, a console, a way to bind hotkeys to commands, support for external tools to connect over the network, and more.

Continued development of DFHack would be impossible without its contributors and definitely isn't a one man show. Check this out!

DFHack 50.11-r6: Download (Current stable, for 50.11 and 50.10, Windows and Linux, all builds)
Nightly builds: Download (May be unstable)

Note: all releases can be found on GitHub.

Please report bugs in the GitHub issue tracker. This includes documentation issues and gaps. Feature requests are also welcome there, or you can discuss features beforehand here if you prefer.
If bugs are only reported in this thread, they may be forgotten. You can create a GitHub account here in order to open issues in the issue tracker.

Documentation for the current stable version of DFHack can be found here: http://dfhack.readthedocs.io/en/stable/
Documentation for the latest development builds, including DFHack pre-releases, can be found here: http://dfhack.readthedocs.io/en/latest/

Some quick documentation links:

We have a couple chat options, listed here in order of age. Note that many people in these channels are idle and will only check them periodically. Please don't ask a question and leave seconds later without waiting for an answer.
(Note: our previous Freenode channel has been effectively deleted - many people have moved to Libera and/or Discord)
For even more support channels, see https://docs.dfhack.org/en/latest/docs/Support.html

The source code is available from GitHub. Please read the Compile document before building.

DFHack has many developers so we don't take donations. Donate generously to Toady instead! You can say it's in honor of DFHack if you want.

Some older versions of DFHack that aren't on GitHub can be found here: http://dethware.org/dfhack/download/

Previous threads: Peterix (through 0.34.11-r4) - Expwnent (through 0.43.03-r1)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2024, 09:08:39 pm by lethosor »
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.43.05-r1
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2017, 10:37:02 pm »

Reserved (for no real reason other than that the previous threads did this too)

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2017, 11:42:53 pm »

PTW. Congrats on the new release.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2017, 12:52:40 am »

Yay, new thread.

knedl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2017, 02:46:24 am »

Party time!  :P Congrats on the new release!  :D

Auto-unsuspend is set to 100 ticks, but for the sake of FPS death I think it could easily be set to 600. Once every half in-game day should work, tho I always play with 200 dwarfs and even big construction designations (over 100 blocks used at once) makes them swarm like flies. Not sure how 600 ticks would work on a smaller number of dwarfs.

And some food for the brain. While I was trading huge quantities yesterday and was watching my dwarfs swarming the trade depot bringing goods + close too 1000 stone blocks I was thinking about how to speed up this process. What I wonder is if it is possible that wheelbarrows could be assigned to trade depot. Now lets say that you could assign 100 wheelbarrows to the trade depot (like you can to stockpile), by each adding +1% speed to the dwarfs that caries the goods to and off the depo. So the dwarfs would not be running around with wheelbarrows to bring goods to the depot but they would just be faster when doing the bring goods to trade depot job. Not sure where the wheelbarrows would be stored tho. In case of trade depot which entity creates a job - a storage where goods are stored or the trade depot? I know it's the storage that actually creates jobs for hauling but in case of trade depot it could be different. Any ideas on this one?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 02:47:56 am by knedl »

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2017, 02:53:15 am »

Just want to be part of the party :]

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2017, 04:52:33 am »

New thread!  Congrats and thanks to everyone who has contributed to this release :D
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2017, 07:30:20 am »

Party time!  :P Congrats on the new release!  :D

Auto-unsuspend is set to 100 ticks, but for the sake of FPS death I think it could easily be set to 600. Once every half in-game day should work, tho I always play with 200 dwarfs and even big construction designations (over 100 blocks used at once) makes them swarm like flies. Not sure how 600 ticks would work on a smaller number of dwarfs.

And some food for the brain. While I was trading huge quantities yesterday and was watching my dwarfs swarming the trade depot bringing goods + close too 1000 stone blocks I was thinking about how to speed up this process. What I wonder is if it is possible that wheelbarrows could be assigned to trade depot. Now lets say that you could assign 100 wheelbarrows to the trade depot (like you can to stockpile), by each adding +1% speed to the dwarfs that caries the goods to and off the depo. So the dwarfs would not be running around with wheelbarrows to bring goods to the depot but they would just be faster when doing the bring goods to trade depot job. Not sure where the wheelbarrows would be stored tho. In case of trade depot which entity creates a job - a storage where goods are stored or the trade depot? I know it's the storage that actually creates jobs for hauling but in case of trade depot it could be different. Any ideas on this one?
Easier methods exist...
1. fastdwarf 1 1 they just teleport to good to depot to meeting area repeat. sorry I was on a phone, damn autocorrects.
2. Trade stockpile, setup a stockpile by depot that auto trades it's goods to the depot. Add wheelbarrows, setup the stockpile settings to what you want traded...

But really, unless your selling boulders to the depot, wheelbarrows aren't going to help much.  I prefer method 1, but method 2 is very effective if your trying to 'not cheat'.  I use it for custom merchant shops in MW to sell unwanted stones and other things.

Additionally without a stockpile, dwarves will try to send wheelbarrows back to a furniture stockpile, or other stockpiles with wheelbarrows enabled.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 05:19:19 pm by Amostubal »
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2017, 04:35:44 pm »

I was worried that 600 would be too slow with low FPS, although I could increase it or try to make it configurable, although I'm not exactly sure how persistent settings would work with Ruby scripts. Alternatively, we could add an automatic mode to the "resume" plugin to replace autounsuspend entirely.

Eastward 1 1
I think this should be "fastdwarf 1 1" (in case anyone's confused).
Edit: fastdwarf, not teledwarf
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 05:23:29 pm by lethosor »

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2017, 05:20:26 pm »

I was worried that 600 would be too slow with low FPS, although I could increase it or try to make it configurable, although I'm not exactly sure how persistent settings would work with Ruby scripts. Alternatively, we could add an automatic mode to the "resume" plugin to replace autounsuspend entirely.

Eastward 1 1
I think this should be "teledwarf 1 1" (in case anyone's confused).
lol damn phones... wasn't it fastdwarf? or did we name change and I've got an old script roaming around , lol.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2017, 05:23:09 pm »

Yeah, it's fastdwarf. I realized just before I posted that that I was about to use the wrong name, but apparently I still managed to get it wrong. Fixed.

eddievxx

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2017, 08:06:33 pm »

I have just been browsing the dfhack docs, and the steam-engine plugin has caught my eye (and imagination). But I am not sure if it is still current... at least, it doesn't appear to be running automatically, nor when I try 'enable steam-engine'. it says:
steam-engine is not a recognized command.                                                                               
steam-engine is a plugin but does not implement any commands

I googled around a bit but couldn't really find anything on it at all.

I am currently running the latest LNP with DF 43.05 & DFHack 43.05-beta on windows (and also on Linux but I haven't tried steam-engine on linux yet).

Any ideas how I should go about getting a steam engine running?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2017, 08:24:11 pm »

I have just been browsing the dfhack docs, and the steam-engine plugin has caught my eye (and imagination). But I am not sure if it is still current... at least, it doesn't appear to be running automatically, nor when I try 'enable steam-engine'. it says:
steam-engine is not a recognized command.                                                                               
steam-engine is a plugin but does not implement any commands

I googled around a bit but couldn't really find anything on it at all.

I am currently running the latest LNP with DF 43.05 & DFHack 43.05-beta on windows (and also on Linux but I haven't tried steam-engine on linux yet).

Any ideas how I should go about getting a steam engine running?
It's a plugin, but it's not a plugin that provides commands you can run (so none of the commands you ran will work). The steam-engine documentation should explain it. The key part:
The steam-engine plugin detects custom workshops with STEAM_ENGINE in their token, and turns them into real steam engines.
You need to create custom workshops in the raws, with "STEAM_ENGINE" in their token, and then the plugin should detect them and enable itself. There should be an example of this in the hack/raw folder.

eddievxx

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2017, 09:15:10 pm »

I see. Excellent. Cheers.
I did see those examples in the raws... I will give it a go...

Edit: I copied the 3 example raw files as is into the DF raws folder, and updated the entity_default.txt file with the relevant lines; and now I see the steam engine in the workshop list, and piston in the forge list. So it appears to be working although I have not actually build a steam engine yet...
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 11:24:31 pm by eddievxx »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2017, 09:15:34 am »

so it seems like on the prepare for journey screen, you can change the job for the pets you can get.
which means you can spend points on a cat doctor, or a Dog tavern keeper.
I wonder if with a tad bit of modding you can set up additional special migrants.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 242