Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 242

Author Topic: DFHack 50.11-r6  (Read 795644 times)

Nilsou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.43.05-r2
« Reply #210 on: August 05, 2017, 09:10:14 am »

Hum seems to have some trouble with digging invaders in 64 i think as the commit is "Win64 fix" If they had corrected the plugin instead of deleting it would have been better ...

As far as i can see in the digginginvader code there is no special code that are not 64bit compatible... and as no comment explain why ... may be someone with the code should try compiling and see ...

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 05, 2017, 11:01:25 am »

Hum seems to have some trouble with digging invaders in 64 i think as the commit is "Win64 fix" If they had corrected the plugin instead of deleting it would have been better ...

As far as i can see in the digginginvader code there is no special code that are not 64bit compatible... and as no comment explain why ... may be someone with the code should try compiling and see ...
The plugin was not deleted. It was excluded from being built. Clément just linked you to the code too.

I don't know why mifki excluded it. Perhaps it didn't compile on 64-bit Windows, but I don't have a 64-bit Windows build machine to test on. I tried asking mifki why he made that change, but didn't get an answer.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Nilsou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 05, 2017, 12:49:48 pm »

I understood that the code was not deleted ^^
I have a 64bit machine, but well, i'm not common nor with Cmake nor with dfhack.

Well, i guess we have to wait for an answer ...

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 05, 2017, 07:42:12 pm »

Someone told me this mod adds a little bit of mouse functionality for some menus - any chance that extends to the conversation menus in Adventure Mode? Those things are infuriating to scroll through after awhile.
mousequery only deals with the fortress mode map. Don't the adventure mode menus have search functionality built-in in vanilla DF?
Search functionality is only in the deeper conversation menus like if you're picking from a list of incidents to summarize - but it isn't available nor would it be useful at the base menu where you select the main options. What bothers me is like when I want to ask a lot of people the same thing, and so every time I have to type the + or - key x amount of times to get to the option I want, and I have to do this a thousand times until I find someone who has the information I need. Thanks for the response, though, just checking.
Don't adv-rumors and gather-quests cover most of these cases? I might have the names wrong btw, but I think those are the current ones.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 05, 2017, 08:37:56 pm »

I've noticed very consistent crashes at the corners of region tiles, after entering then leaving them (playing advmode.) Fast traveling away often but not always counters this. Is there a particular plugin that could be causing this?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 05, 2017, 08:42:35 pm »

I've noticed very consistent crashes at the corners of region tiles, after entering then leaving them (playing advmode.) Fast traveling away often but not always counters this. Is there a particular plugin that could be causing this?

Run "unload -all" and see if it persists.
(If you're using TWBT, you'll have to disable it in init.txt or a launcher and restart DF. Actually, you might try that first, just to see if it helps.)

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 05, 2017, 09:28:18 pm »

Actually turning off multilevel and reloading the map has stabilized the region corners. So I must be "some users" who experience crashes from it.

OluapPlayer

• Bay Watcher
  • In a time before time, I attacked me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 09, 2017, 08:44:53 am »

Hello,

I've been experiencing problems with the dwarfvet plugin. Trying to use it causes the game to close itself without warning. i.e. an injured cat goes to the hospital to rest, a dwarf goes to the hospital to take care of it, and then suddenly the game shuts down completely. The time it takes for the game to shut down seems completely random; sometimes it happens right after the animal starts resting, sometimes it waits until the animal is taken care of, but it always happens eventually.

I've taken a look through the thread and the issue tracker and didn't notice any mention of this, so I'm wondering if I'm the only one with the problem. I've experienced it since the alpha releases.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 09, 2017, 10:54:26 am »

I've experienced it since the alpha releases.

The entire purpose of the alpha releases was for people to report issues like that. If you don't, they won't magically be fixed. Also, that is a crash.

That said, have you narrowed it down to dwarfvet? That is, if dwarfvet is completely disabled (run "unload dwarfvet" to be sure), does it still crash?

OluapPlayer

• Bay Watcher
  • In a time before time, I attacked me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 09, 2017, 12:16:29 pm »

The entire purpose of the alpha releases was for people to report issues like that. If you don't, they won't magically be fixed. Also, that is a crash.

That said, have you narrowed it down to dwarfvet? That is, if dwarfvet is completely disabled (run "unload dwarfvet" to be sure), does it still crash?

Well I'm sorry for being unaware an issue tracker existed at the time, since it was an alpha release I expected bugs to exist and assumed other people would notice the problem, given how easy it is to reproduce.

And yes, dwarfvet is definitely the issue. The game runs flawlessly until I enable it. Unloaded and loaded it, same problem.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 11, 2017, 04:44:46 pm »

Hmmm, anybody got any better ideas for the current civ populations during worldgen?

I was going in to df.global.world.entity_populations and doing a check with df.historical_entity.find(epops[k].civ_id).entity_raw.code=='BLAH' before summing the .counts there and displaying them on screen with a total value gotten by just summing those, but for some reason whether I try for k=0,#epops-1,1 or for i,k in ipairs(epops) it doesn't want to count all of them and I end up getting from about half to all but a couple hundred counted when compared against the numbers from the world_sites_and_pops export. Naturally I tried to locate that block of data but have no clue where the hell it is.
Never mind, just went in and grabbed the world_data.sites so I could use the inhabitants[k].race with a find and check for dwarf/gob/etc and just sum those.

It's still a little short of the values in the pops and exports but I think it's just skipping the outcast populations? Not that either, weird that it is off by such a small amount.

Also anybody got a clean/handy/favorite way to go through and do a "grab these numbers from this table and sum them" with lua?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 06:12:40 pm by Max™ »

oldmansutton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 12, 2017, 05:29:19 pm »

I've been playing with visitors in dfhack lately, and made a discovery today.  If you flip the flags3.unk31 flag to false on a visiting guest (dancer, merc, scholar, etc), they show up in the "Other" tab of the View Units list as just "Visitor" instead of "Guest / Activity".  If you "v"iew the unit, they will be missing the Guest information in general.   If you flip it back to true, they show up as a guest again.

I'm continuing to look into other visitor information and unknown flags, if this information is useful, I'll keep you posted.  If there's a better place to report this information, please let me know.

Thanks!
I suggest using kilokittens. As cats are 10X the volume of kittens. That way, 50 cats would be .5 kilokittens.

100 cats would be 1 kilokitten.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 12, 2017, 06:24:05 pm »

On that note, unit.flags3.unk29 is "marked for gelding". I guess historical_unit.info.wounds.anon_3 0 is dead and 1 is gelded, but not certain.

@lethosor: While at it might be worth noting that, reading dwarvet at line 655, a naturalized human member of fort will be an Untamed Member of Own Civ who is not a Dwarf - which seems like it'd pass the checks for a reverted previously-tamed animal to unset civ_id, I guess breaking in the same way makeown does.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 06:26:39 pm by Fleeting Frames »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 13, 2017, 10:36:14 am »

I'm continuing to look into other visitor information and unknown flags, if this information is useful, I'll keep you posted.  If there's a better place to report this information, please let me know.
Maybe https://github.com/dfhack/df-structures?

@lethosor: While at it might be worth noting that, reading dwarvet at line 655, a naturalized human member of fort will be an Untamed Member of Own Civ who is not a Dwarf - which seems like it'd pass the checks for a reverted previously-tamed animal to unset civ_id, I guess breaking in the same way makeown does.
I've never worked with dwarfvet, sorry. If there's an issue with makeown, is it documented and/or is there a fix?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 13, 2017, 01:10:47 pm »

Damn damn damn, how the hell do you get a showListPrompt dialog to pass the chosen value to a showInputPrompt dialog?

Got a "find type" function working with gm-editor and goddammit does it look tantalizing:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The idea being you can just pop that up to track down/filter to a specific type and then input the value and do like df.creature_raw.find(440) or whatever without having to pull up a gui/gm-editor df page to find all the various ones.

I was trying various things like so:
Code: [Select]
function GmEditorUi:find_type()
    local list={}
    for i in pairs(df) do
        table.insert(list,{text=('%s'):format(tostring(df[i]), i)})
    end
    guiScript.start(function(choice)
        dialog.showListPrompt("Select type to find:",nil,COLOR_WHITE,list,
             dialog.showInputPrompt(tostring(trg_key),"Value to find:",COLOR_WHITE,
                "",function()
                        local tp = ""
                        self:pushTarget(df.choice.find(tp))
                    end))
        end)
end
With lots of fucking around trying different local declarations, having the input spawned from outside the list, having the list return the choice local, and so forth, it feels like there's a "well Max, you've got the dumb because all you do is ________" method here but fuck if I can find it.

Oh and the gui.script bit in there was from an earlier attempt and I just left it in place though I switched to the regular gui.dialog versions as the only error is: /home/thefunk/.df/hack/scripts/gui/gm-editor.lua:334: attempt to index a nil value (field 'choice') when the input box shows up and I try to confirm the value.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 01:18:07 pm by Max™ »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 242