Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 242

Author Topic: DFHack 50.11-r6  (Read 795746 times)

Burneddi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.43.05-r2
« Reply #375 on: October 14, 2017, 08:53:56 am »

3dveins is giving me a "Discontinuous layer 1 at (73,86,120)" error. I'm guessing this might be because I have an ocean embark, but am not sure.

Is there any way to rectify this? Already tried fixveins but it didn't seem to do anything. I like using 3dveins.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: October 15, 2017, 10:47:30 am »

When speaking about fixing things, how hard would it be to fix falconne's automaterial/automelt to work like his search/buildingplan/dwarfmonitor/resume/pasture assignment in regards to lua viewscreens (in that the first wouldn't disappear while one is up, like the latter don't)?
(mousequery falls somewhere in-between, where it displays data, but doesn't place floors)

((Though at least it looks like one might be able to replicate automelt's gui frontend entirely, I don't see how to do it for automaterial.))

(((For constructmultiz, I worked around this by making the viewscreen poof while building constructions, but that's not exactly ideal.)))

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 15, 2017, 10:27:20 pm »

BLARGH, frustratingly close but I've been trying to resist the urge to start rebuilding all of the hack/gui/widgets.lua chunks I need, recently I got the pieces to show up and act like they might want to work when I tried reversing the order they are displayed but it's still not wanting to pass the input-or-choice from one dialog to the other, which I feel like there is an obvious trick I'm missing for but even trying to steal an example of it from other scripts I've had no luck:
Code: (attempted gui/gm-editor "find_type" function) [Select]
function GmEditorUi:find_type()
    local list={}
    for i in pairs(df) do
        table.insert(list,{text=('%s'):format(tostring(df[i]), i), type=i})
    end
    guiScript.start(function()
        dialog.showInputPrompt("Testing","Value to find:",COLOR_WHITE,"",
        function()
            dialog.showListPrompt("Select type to find:",nil,COLOR_WHITE,list,
            function()
                local key = self:currentTarget()
                self:pushTarget(df.key.find("..input.."))
            end)
        end)
    end)
end
Gone through a bunch of iterations incidentally, tried stripping it down to just the dialogs, tried having it call a "just select_type" function from a find_type one, tried copying bits of the various similar scripts in gm-editor itself, but I still can't get it to pass the values on properly, just gives the "attempt to index a nil value" for something I just assigned a value for in the prior steps.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 15, 2017, 11:02:51 pm »

This no good?

I've got the feeling that it is not what you want, but I used the "call function defined elsewhere" quite nicely to have a popup dialog to change a number in the constructmultiz indicator framedscreen.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 11:04:35 pm by Fleeting Frames »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 16, 2017, 07:51:14 am »

When speaking about fixing things, how hard would it be to fix falconne's automaterial/automelt to work like his search/buildingplan/dwarfmonitor/resume/pasture assignment in regards to lua viewscreens (in that the first wouldn't disappear while one is up, like the latter don't)?
(mousequery falls somewhere in-between, where it displays data, but doesn't place floors)

((Though at least it looks like one might be able to replicate automelt's gui frontend entirely, I don't see how to do it for automaterial.))

(((For constructmultiz, I worked around this by making the viewscreen poof while building constructions, but that's not exactly ideal.)))
Are you working with a Lua overlay/dialog or something? I've seen a couple plugins that don't display under overlays, and I imagine the two you mentioned are similar and not too hard to change. Getting mouse input passed through to mousequery could be hard, though.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: October 16, 2017, 10:36:01 am »

Yes, exactly.

Just tested whether mousequery respects gui.simulateInput/screen:sendInputToParent (with and without flickering on-off). [It doesn't]. OTOH, in build mode replicating placing cursor at mouse position and then placing selected building at mouse position isn't difficult.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: October 16, 2017, 12:54:03 pm »

Just tested whether mousequery respects gui.simulateInput/screen:sendInputToParent (with and without flickering on-off). [It doesn't].
I'm not sure what you're saying here. Mousequery isn't a screen, so you can't send keys to it (and it really only looks at the mouse status in the enabler global anyway, from what I remember).

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 16, 2017, 01:12:30 pm »

I dunno (haven't read up on) how the mousequery detects mouse clicks, but I know it does it somehow, so I thought it worth testing for methods that work with cascading keys down with other options.

E: Oh yeah, forgot to mention but after reading your post tested that toggling enabler works to trigger mousequery, thanks.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 09:28:08 pm by Fleeting Frames »

Vi Et Armis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 17, 2017, 05:25:47 pm »

Hey guys, I just wanted to poke my head in and offer my thanks for such an awesome project/ecosystem!

I am planning to make some exploratory changes to help out a bit (hopefully... I'm dtimm on github) and learn the code base, so I will see you around!

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 17, 2017, 10:10:47 pm »

Is there a way to make an adventurer retire in the wild?
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: October 19, 2017, 07:34:10 am »

Okay I was doing some work on fixing a modtool script that is, I'm guessing, out dated or just incomplete.  The particular one was skill-change.lua

So after a few changes to fix things such as actually forcing rating increase (otherwise you could just add 100,000 exp and it wont change the rating) and stopping it from jumping the L+5 mark(rating 20) on skills.  the issue now is that I know certain skills have a higher max than rating 20. considering this quote from the wiki under skills:

Combat skills can scale upwards to a functionally impossible to reach degree, meaning that simply reaching Legendary in a combat skill only means they've just started climbing the ranks of the legendary warriors of Dwarf Fortress. A Legendary +100 warrior will more regularly hit and deal more damage than a "mere" Legendary +10, although it takes nearly three-quarters of a million more experience points to get there.

My issue is that it doesn't clearly define which skills these are.  I'm fairly certain the weapon skills are considered in this, such as AXE and CROSSBOW.... I need a full list so that I'm not making this script cap a skill that doesn't have a cap.  Anyone have that info?
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 19, 2017, 01:50:15 pm »

Okay I was doing some work on fixing a modtool script that is, I'm guessing, out dated or just incomplete.  The particular one was skill-change.lua

So after a few changes to fix things such as actually forcing rating increase (otherwise you could just add 100,000 exp and it wont change the rating) and stopping it from jumping the L+5 mark(rating 20) on skills.  the issue now is that I know certain skills have a higher max than rating 20. considering this quote from the wiki under skills:

Combat skills can scale upwards to a functionally impossible to reach degree, meaning that simply reaching Legendary in a combat skill only means they've just started climbing the ranks of the legendary warriors of Dwarf Fortress. A Legendary +100 warrior will more regularly hit and deal more damage than a "mere" Legendary +10, although it takes nearly three-quarters of a million more experience points to get there.

My issue is that it doesn't clearly define which skills these are.  I'm fairly certain the weapon skills are considered in this, such as AXE and CROSSBOW.... I need a full list so that I'm not making this script cap a skill that doesn't have a cap.  Anyone have that info?

I'm pretty sure you can set any skill to higher than 20 with DFHack without any problems (at least that's what I remember from the last time I tested this). It's just that only certain skills actually benefit from having higher than 20. So the first order fix would just be to allow the number to go as high as you want.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 19, 2017, 02:40:22 pm »

I'm pretty sure you can set any skill to higher than 20 with DFHack without any problems (at least that's what I remember from the last time I tested this). It's just that only certain skills actually benefit from having higher than 20. So the first order fix would just be to allow the number to go as high as you want.

Ahhh I did not think about this... well then a slight tweak and I'll post it to github like that unless anyone else have a differing opinion... Its only a few minor fixes but it was giving me such a headache when I realized what it was doing.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: October 21, 2017, 05:29:27 am »

It seems my dfhack don't see plugins. When i tryed to use tiletypes to partially delete aquifer, it said "tiletypes is not recognised command". When i try "plug tiletypes" it gives me "plugin does not exist"  - everything. What to do? I don't want to remove all aquifer, i still need it it to test one thing.
Also, what dfhack-run.exe does? DFhack launches just fine, but when i try to open exe it gives me "it's not win32 exe", i.e. it's not windows XP exe, which is pretty ridiculous.  ::)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: October 21, 2017, 02:43:41 pm »

Can you run "plug" and paste the output?

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 242