Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 243

Author Topic: DFHack 50.13-r2.1  (Read 824645 times)

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.43.05-r3.1 | 0.44.02-alpha1 (dev)
« Reply #495 on: December 07, 2017, 09:54:28 pm »

Well it's not a default script, but biome manipulator threw me an error.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: December 07, 2017, 11:45:58 pm »

What exactly is the error? Text would be preferable if you can copy it (right click the title bar on Windows). I don't know if it's due to something we changed or not, but either way, posting that in the biome manipulator thread might be better.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: December 08, 2017, 12:09:54 am »

Here's what I got. I'll post it in the other thread too.

Code: [Select]
...Dwarf Fortress 0.44.02/hack/scripts/biomemanipulator.lua:250: decompose fails to match 'r' in 0.44.02-alpha1
stack traceback:
        [C]: in function 'error'
        ...Dwarf Fortress 0.44.02/hack/scripts/biomemanipulator.lua:250: in global 'decomposeDFHackReleaseNumber'
        ...Dwarf Fortress 0.44.02/hack/scripts/biomemanipulator.lua:270: in global 'isDFHackOlderThan'
        ...Dwarf Fortress 0.44.02/hack/scripts/biomemanipulator.lua:3238: in global 'Make_Profile'
        ...Dwarf Fortress 0.44.02/hack/scripts/biomemanipulator.lua:4862: in local 'fun'
        ...sktop\DFSTUF~1\Dwarf Fortress 0.44.02\hack\lua\class.lua:98: in upvalue 'invoke_after_rec'
        ...sktop\DFSTUF~1\Dwarf Fortress 0.44.02\hack\lua\class.lua:127: in global 'BiomeManipulatorUi'
        ...Dwarf Fortress 0.44.02/hack/scripts/biomemanipulator.lua:9303: in global 'Show_Viewer'
        ...Dwarf Fortress 0.44.02/hack/scripts/biomemanipulator.lua:9310: in global 'biomemanipulator'
        ...Dwarf Fortress 0.44.02/hack/scripts/biomemanipulator.lua:9313: in local 'script_code'
        ...ktop\DFSTUF~1\Dwarf Fortress 0.44.02\hack\lua\dfhack.lua:562: in function 'dfhack.run_script_with_env'
        (...tail calls...)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: December 08, 2017, 01:09:12 am »

Oh, it looks like the "alpha" in the version name is confusing it. That (part of the) script might be new enough that it hasn't had to deal with prerelease versions before. Some sort of version comparison thing might be useful to have in the DFHack core eventually.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: December 08, 2017, 03:11:42 am »

Well shit that was a lot faster than I was expecting, I take it the changes helped speed it up after all?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: December 08, 2017, 05:01:32 am »

Biome Manipulator needs to be updated because (at least) there are name changes in used structures. The error reported is just the first one (and I hadn't anticipated the possibility of an "alpha" in the pattern), and as lethosor correctly assumes, the script hasn't existed long enough for alphas to be encountered. The script will be updated shortly (but I think issues with scripts not part of the DFHack distribution should be reported in their threads only, as lethosor said).

Anyway, yes, DFHack (although alpha) appeared a lot faster than expected.

Edit: Biome Manipulator updated.
A DFHack version comparison in the core would be nice, although I've mostly moved away from that to let the script directly detect if the structure conforms to the new pattern and use that as a basis, rather than the indirect release version measurement. I assume there are other reasons for wanting to compare versions, though.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 06:00:18 am by PatrikLundell »

Manzeenan

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOWLEARNER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: December 08, 2017, 01:08:34 pm »

uhh not sure where to put this but got an indication from DFHack that a dwarf was stuck in a tree, dwarf immediately got down from tree, using alpha prerelease 1

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: December 08, 2017, 04:28:40 pm »

uhh not sure where to put this but got an indication from DFHack that a dwarf was stuck in a tree, dwarf immediately got down from tree, using alpha prerelease 1
That should probably be put on the altar of fixed bugs, as the stuck-in-trees bug should be one of those fixed with 0.44.01 so the DFHack detector might be redundant (or not, since I there was a post about it still happening).

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: December 08, 2017, 05:20:58 pm »

Using gui/liquids, a permaflow that is flowing downwards is labeled "inv_8". It is "inv_9" if flowing off the east edge of the map. Haven't tested others.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

nicfer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: December 08, 2017, 05:57:14 pm »

I've installed DFHack 0.44.02-alpha1 to check the 'startdwarf' mod, and it isn't working. It throws an error about missing memory addresses or something. I tried to look for the new address with Cheat Engine, but it's very hard for values that (almost) don't change.

Any advices, other than waiting for a new version?

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: December 08, 2017, 06:44:56 pm »

I have written a small lua script that wakes up selected sleeping dwarf.
(it is mostly based on siren script but kinda simpler and more verbose)

What is the procedure to have it included in DFHack?
The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: December 08, 2017, 06:47:44 pm »

Sounds like Toady's fix is working, then. I'll take out that script from the default config, at least.

I've installed DFHack 0.44.02-alpha1 to check the 'startdwarf' mod, and it isn't working. It throws an error about missing memory addresses or something. I tried to look for the new address with Cheat Engine, but it's very hard for values that (almost) don't change.

Any advices, other than waiting for a new version?
That address is tricky to find because it isn't a global. It hasn't been a priority historically either, but I'll see if I can get the script to find it to work.

I have written a small lua script that wakes up selected sleeping dwarf.
(it is mostly based on siren script but kinda simpler and more verbose)

What is the procedure to have it included in DFHack?
Post it here or make a pull request in https://github.com/dfhack/scripts (if you know how) and we'll take a look. I'm wondering if it would be better as an option in "siren" instead of a separate script, but either way, having that would be useful.

Using gui/liquids, a permaflow that is flowing downwards is labeled "inv_8". It is "inv_9" if flowing off the east edge of the map. Haven't tested others.
Naturally-occurring or created with DFHack?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: December 08, 2017, 07:45:54 pm »

yo, here's a script that lets you add custom artifacts. It uses anon entries, so it's for testing only at this point, no way am I releasing anything with this until the artifact_record is mapped out better. Assumptions in writing are here; for the most part, it works perfectly. Artifacts can be recovered from sites as expected.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 10:00:52 pm by Putnam »

Manzeenan

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOWLEARNER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: December 08, 2017, 07:57:10 pm »

Sounds like Toady's fix is working, then. I'll take out that script from the default config, at least.
Well... they keep gathering fruits that dont exactly exist, nothing harvested they just climb around the tree till theyre done and continue gathering on the ground empty handed kinda odd but no one is starving in a tree yet

Edit: ill keep an eye out and note change

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: December 09, 2017, 01:21:40 am »

Naturally-occurring or created with DFHack?
Naturally-occurring, in a save untouched by DFHack.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 01:23:28 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 243