Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 243

Author Topic: DFHack 50.13-r1  (Read 809898 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.43.05-r3.1 | 0.44.02-alpha1 (dev)
« Reply #525 on: December 11, 2017, 08:03:33 pm »

Wow already out for the new build? That's incredible.

Did Toady end up giving the project some information to make it easier?

I thought he was talking about that stuff a while back.
Yeah, we have all of the global addresses now, which helps some.

DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: December 11, 2017, 09:46:40 pm »

I mean, I know there is a fuckton of other work, but over the last few years I've played it's pretty much the search for the last few globals that wound up holding back a release the longest. It helps make the rest of the process much faster for sure.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: December 12, 2017, 04:59:17 am »

Can I install (replace the DLL) DFHack while DF is running? I want to save two dwarves that got bugged into a water reservoir with a teleport, but obviously can't exit the game.
Why don't you simply save, exit DF, install DFHack, restore the save, and THEN teleport? You can even copy your existing save before saving anew to keep (sort of) a backup.

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: December 12, 2017, 03:49:04 pm »

Windows antivirus says createitem is a trojan in the latest dfhack alpha included in per. starter pack. False positive?
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: December 12, 2017, 04:29:11 pm »

That's only the second report I've seen of that, unless you're the same person who posted about it on Reddit. I uploaded that file to VirusTotal and it reported that 0 of 63 AV programs flagged it. It's most likely a false positive - some AV software randomly flags things it hasn't seen before.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Killermartian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: December 13, 2017, 02:28:12 am »

Haven't checked if anyone has mentioned this already, but if i get a companion in adventure mode and travel, immediate crash. It works when i disable dfhack though. Also crashes when i (Z), even without a companion.

EDIT: I'm not sure how to give a crash log
EDIT2: Seems to work better without a tile set
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 07:17:23 am by Killermartian »

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #531 on: December 13, 2017, 02:28:52 pm »

Haven't checked if anyone has mentioned this already, but if i get a companion in adventure mode and travel, immediate crash. It works when i disable dfhack though. Also crashes when i (Z), even without a companion.

There was a bug in TWBT related to fast travel, I either didn't fully fix it or something has changed, anyway I see what's happening now, hopefully I'll fix it this time.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: December 13, 2017, 08:52:53 pm »

Windows antivirus says createitem is a trojan in the latest dfhack alpha included in per. starter pack. False positive?

I just confirmed Windows Defender antivirus that comes with windows 10 current registers it as a virus, instantly quarrantine and removes it.... rather annoyingly actually I had to dig around the system to see what it did with it.  tries to claim its Trojan:Win32/Azden.A!cl
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 08:57:46 pm by Amostubal »
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: December 14, 2017, 10:41:51 am »

So I went one step further, I contacted microsoft, uploaded the file, and got an answer back this morning.  interestingly enough they updated thier definitions around the same time I got the response. 

Not that I doubted anyone... but sometimes you got to make microsoft look at it, to fix the problem.

Oh and so I reset the defender's catches this morning restarted dwarf fortress and no more virus detection.  So anyone who is still getting this error... update your virus definitions and it should stop.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: December 14, 2017, 04:20:22 pm »

well send one goblin out on a raid, goblin returns with a huge party of random companions
welcome to a new dumb script for fort mode. so now you could probably go on snatcher raids now.
Code: ("Recruit.lua") [Select]
for de,oe in pairs(df.global.world.army_controllers.all) do
if oe.unk_60 == nil then else
print ( de,oe.unk_60.anon_6)
for e,o in pairs(df.global.world.armies.all) do
if oe.id == o.controller_id then
print (e)
df.global.world.armies.all[e].members:insert("#",{new=true,nemesis_id=df.global.world.nemesis.all[math.random(1,999)].id}) -- this is the part that inserts a unit to the army
end
end
end
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: December 14, 2017, 04:39:40 pm »

uh, doesn't that more just kinda... randomly insert some nemesis records

also:

1. you should be using dfhack.random.new():random(#df.global.world.nemesis.all) instead of math.random(1,999), since nemesis.all is a C++ vector and therefore 0-indexed and also this will pick from every nemesis unit instead of just the first 999
2. you should probably be doing some stuff to check if the nemesis record is for a valid (i.e. not dead) hist fig anyway, probably by going through the nemesis records before you go through all the armies and putting them into a new table
3. is there not an army id in army controllers? you could just use df.army.find(id) instead of making this whole thing O(n2)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: December 14, 2017, 07:34:53 pm »

uh, doesn't that more just kinda... randomly insert some nemesis records

also:

1. you should be using dfhack.random.new():random(#df.global.world.nemesis.all) instead of math.random(1,999), since nemesis.all is a C++ vector and therefore 0-indexed and also this will pick from every nemesis unit instead of just the first 999
2. you should probably be doing some stuff to check if the nemesis record is for a valid (i.e. not dead) hist fig anyway, probably by going through the nemesis records before you go through all the armies and putting them into a new table
3. is there not an army id in army controllers? you could just use df.army.find(id) instead of making this whole thing O(n2)

1. it was mostly a proof of concept that I didnt really find a "random number generator coding" like you posted I probably could use that
2. considering if a historical figure from a nemesis record ended up dead wouldn't really mind as this opens up to pretty much any pull. overall the script is inserting a nemesis unit to an army so they can visit your fort.
3. would had skip army controllers but had a issue trying to write a script that would find said army with no descriptors. it only took realizing army controllers have a section that writes up the mission report and that was the only way to tell one army apart from another.

so far it has room for improvement.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Acolyte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: December 14, 2017, 10:26:56 pm »

Errant thought - I seem to be having a lot of those these days - right now when you slaughter an animal it triggers a butchering job automatically, would DFHack be able to have contaminants trigger a Cleaning job?

Just a thought.
   - Shane

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #538 on: December 15, 2017, 05:54:18 am »

There was a bug in TWBT related to fast travel, I either didn't fully fix it or something has changed, anyway I see what's happening now, hopefully I'll fix it this time.

Try version 6.25

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: December 15, 2017, 03:14:50 pm »

Hi. I would like to share dfhacks manipulator.cpp extended with the following features:

An extra tab mode reveals units physical and mental attributes in a compact grid which is highlighted to improve readability. Coloring shows strong and weak attributes and also shows which particular attributes are exercised by the currently focused job & unit.

The labor activation grid can also be color hinted to reveal best and worst performing roles for each unit. This aptitude coloring can demystify labor assignment and even for seasoned dwarf therapists could provide an intresting alternative account of the assigned labors.

The aptitude ratings numeric scores (0~200) are also displayed along side the existing skill and experience rating fields.

There are 9 theme options in total: legacy b&w, 4 tinted monocrome modes, and 4 degrees of aptitude hinting to choose from. The theme is cycled with a hotkey and setting is saved with the game and carrys to new games in the current session.

Sorting is developed with simpler controls, subtle tweaks and highlighting of "group sorts" and with extra sorts by scores calculated of civil, performer, scholar, academic and martial skills and aptitudes.

Here is arrival groups subsorted by martial,

An extra tab mode calculates and reveals 'notices' which are strings of tips generated from various unit flags such as: DngrTrrn, RqRescue, RqDoctor, Trappd, Intoxcd. The notices are not exhaustive but are suprisingly informative for ongoing situations and tracking recovery.

Here they are recounting the death throws of the fallen:

Other tweaks include, persistent selection and focus to alleviate the impact of acidental exit, and pet nicknaming is handy for selection of sturdiest work animals.

Some of the added code is substantial and some maybe too crafty but I think it is fairly well encapsulated and serviceable. The current version has been quite thoroughly playtested on Debian df v43.

I hope the dfhack project can find time to try this and hopefully pass these features on to other players, there is an open pull request at the repo.

Here is a mode like 'matrix blue pill' (Its just the blue highlight-set applied to all).

Klok the Kloker !
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 243