Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 243

Author Topic: DFHack 50.13-r1  (Read 811931 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.43.05-r3.1 | 0.44.02-beta1 (dev)
« Reply #600 on: December 26, 2017, 12:29:45 am »

Yeah, looks like an issue with the script. In hack/scripts/devel/inject-raws.lua, try changing this line (it's near the end):

Code: [Select]
    if mode and string.match(kv, '^[%u_]+$') then

to this:

if mode and string.match(kv, '^[%u_ ]+$') then

The only change is adding a space before the ] character.

I'll look into a better way of fixing that. Thanks!
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: December 26, 2017, 12:32:39 am »

Yeah, looks like an issue with the script. In hack/scripts/devel/inject-raws.lua, try changing this line (it's near the end):

to this:

Will take note of that, and do this tomorrow (will report back about success or not). Also is there any way (besides the save not spontaneously combusting on load) to tell whether my civilisation has access to the reaction (and the modding was successful)? I've pretty much confirmed the pedestals can be made since they show up in the carpenter's workshop.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: December 26, 2017, 12:33:46 am »

to this:

That seems like a perfectly reasonable way to fix that, if I'm reading that regex right.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: December 26, 2017, 12:57:36 am »

Yeah, but if someone decides to use another character in a reaction name (or any raw identifier), it'll break again. Unless there are restrictions on the characters that can be in an identifier, it might be better to treat anything besides "reaction" or a building/item type as an identifier. (Or we could just assume other characters won't be used; that might be easier.)

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: December 26, 2017, 02:55:55 am »

So, I made a "God Of Slaughter" creature for slaughtering things and turning them into demons. Both demons and I have [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] and infight. How to fix the infighting? I want to massacre innocents without my servants killing each other.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: December 26, 2017, 03:34:35 am »

[NOT_LIVING]

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: December 26, 2017, 09:55:42 am »

Yeah, but if someone decides to use another character in a reaction name (or any raw identifier), it'll break again. Unless there are restrictions on the characters that can be in an identifier, it might be better to treat anything besides "reaction" or a building/item type as an identifier. (Or we could just assume other characters won't be used; that might be easier.)

Could you explain this one? How would other characters be used? The [ and ] characters I get delimit the raw identifier. Until recently, we didn't have spaces used in reaction names, it seems their first use was with ASSEMBLE STONE AXE and before that spaces in names were instead delimited with _s. If I remember rightly, that specific reaction went in for adventure mode sites, which was slightly after the primary 0.43 release.

Also assuming the save doesn't spontaneously combust, there should be some lazy newb script for updating a 0.43.05 game to the latest version.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: December 26, 2017, 10:09:06 am »

Hi, what happens if I uninstall DFhack? Will I be able to keep my old savegame, update the game, and reinstall a later version of DFhack? Or do I need to expect the savegame to not work properly? Is it adviseable to update it all at once?
let

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: December 26, 2017, 11:06:28 am »

From my experience, 1. Not much 2.Yes, yes,
 yes 3.No. 4. Yes

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: December 26, 2017, 11:28:05 am »

Could you explain this one? How would other characters be used? The [ and ] characters I get delimit the raw identifier. Until recently, we didn't have spaces used in reaction names, it seems their first use was with ASSEMBLE STONE AXE and before that spaces in names were instead delimited with _s. If I remember rightly, that specific reaction went in for adventure mode sites, which was slightly after the primary 0.43 release.
People could use other characters in identifiers. Like "CREATE-WOODEN-DISPLAY-CASE", or "Create wooden display case!". The square brackets in the line I asked you to patch contain the characters that script considers to be valid in identifiers - they're not representing the square brackets in the raw files (I'm not sure if that's what you meant).

Also assuming the save doesn't spontaneously combust, there should be some lazy newb script for updating a 0.43.05 game to the latest version.
It would be nice, but as far as I know, we've never done this for previous DF releases, and it would also require raw edits.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.43.05-r3.1 | 0.44.03-alpha1 (dev)
« Reply #610 on: December 26, 2017, 12:12:46 pm »

Here's a new release for 0.44.03 that may or may not work (test it and find out!): https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases/tag/0.44.03-alpha1

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: December 26, 2017, 12:15:01 pm »

thank you very much scourge728 ... and all of you for that matter

Here's a new release for 0.44.03 that may or may not work (test it and find out!): https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases/tag/0.44.03-alpha1

Just in time eh  :D? Will do
let

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: December 26, 2017, 12:15:53 pm »

Wow, everything's happening so quickly!

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: December 26, 2017, 12:33:14 pm »

Wow, everything's happening so quickly!
That also means few of the builds have been verified manually. I'm fairly certain all of the global and vtable addresses are right, assuming the scripts that find them are working, but I had to fill in a few things manually. If people could report back that certain builds work, that would be great.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: December 26, 2017, 01:26:20 pm »

Just ran the reaction using the fix and it seems nothing is broken. Of course I have not made display cases in this release cycle and they may be broken more than one way...
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 243