Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 243

Author Topic: DFHack 50.13-r1  (Read 810027 times)

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.43.05-r3.1 | 0.44.04-alpha1 (dev)
« Reply #750 on: January 13, 2018, 04:56:42 am »

A release for 0.44.04: https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases/tag/0.44.04-alpha1

it works when put into an unmodded DF. it somehow doesn't work when put into the LNP.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 09:17:04 am by Pvt. Pirate »
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: January 13, 2018, 12:14:19 pm »

"Something to do with trade representative" could possibly be what caused the crash I mentioned earlier too when I asked about missions and taverns, as I crashed somewhere in the middle of year two as well.
Is it reproducible? If so, test without DFHack and see if it still occurs. If it only occurs with DFHack, please upload your save and explain how to reproduce the issue.

A question regarding the df.emotion_type attribute "divider" (defined in df.unit_thoughts.xml):
What does this attribute describe, and how is is supposed to be applied?

From https://github.com/DFHack/df-structures/commit/d69705e288075c9d640cd19b42aa21884f9500b9, they are "stress divisors". Not sure on specifics, but Quietust would know more.

it works when put into an unmodded DF. it somehow doesn't work when put into the LNP.
What does "doesn't work" mean?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #752 on: January 13, 2018, 01:16:56 pm »

A question regarding the df.emotion_type attribute "divider" (defined in df.unit_thoughts.xml):
What does this attribute describe, and how is is supposed to be applied?
Every "thought" affects a dwarf's Stress based on the emotion it provoked, the dwarf's personality, and likely also how long ago it happened. The relevant "base stress" value for the thought is divided by the "divider" associated with the emotion, and the result is then added to the dwarf's Stress level. Positive versus negative decides whether stress goes up or down, and larger values result in smaller adjustments.

For example, for a "base stress" value of 100, Despair (divider=1) would increase stress by 100 (a lot), Disappointment (divider=8) would increase stress by 13 (not much), Contentment (divider=-8) would reduce stress by 13, Delight (divider=-1) would reduce stress by 100, and Apathy (divider=0) would have no effect on stress.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: January 13, 2018, 01:45:19 pm »

This is all explained on the Dwarf Fortress wiki article for emotions.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: January 13, 2018, 02:01:03 pm »

Thanks Quietust!
I would never have figured that out, in particular since division by zero is a rather poor idea...

By the way, I think I've found out what a unit's emotion.flags.unk3 is for: when True it causes the display of the corresponding emotion to be didn't/doesn't feel anything, rather than the normal display (i.e. "didn't feel anything due to inebriation" rather than "felt euphoric due to inebriation" [with the first one being possible to misinterpret to mean the inebriation dulled any sensations, rather than having no effect]). It should eventually make its way into a structure pull request.

Also thanks to Putnam: I didn't even think of looking for such low level details on the wiki.

surazal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: January 13, 2018, 03:02:38 pm »

I could very well be posting in the wrong forum for this question, and if so let me know. I saw that the dev branch in the github repository was updated to 0.44.04 alpha1, and the most recent update included the TWBT mod. I installed dfhack (in Linux, 64 bit) and saw that it was indeed enabled, but the font widths are variable. Is there any way I can switch those back to being fixed with as the font renderings are bugged when they're that way? I tried modifying the data/twbt_init/init.txt file among others but nothing seems to have any effect. I am running the Pheobus tileset pack.

P.S. I wasn't certain if this was a TBWT setting or a dfhack setting, which is why I'm posting here

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: January 13, 2018, 03:08:43 pm »

I could very well be posting in the wrong forum for this question, and if so let me know. I saw that the dev branch in the github repository was updated to 0.44.04 alpha1, and the most recent update included the TWBT mod. I installed dfhack (in Linux, 64 bit) and saw that it was indeed enabled, but the font widths are variable. Is there any way I can switch those back to being fixed with as the font renderings are bugged when they're that way? I tried modifying the data/twbt_init/init.txt file among others but nothing seems to have any effect. I am running the Pheobus tileset pack.

P.S. I wasn't certain if this was a TBWT setting or a dfhack setting, which is why I'm posting here
It definitely has something to do with TWBT. TWBT isn't included in DFHack, so I don't know what you meant by "the most recent update included the TWBT mod" - you can get TWBT from https://github.com/mifki/df-twbt ("Releases"). Also, it sounds like you're dealing with a pack, because I've never heard of a "twbt_init" folder - init.txt is usually just in data/init/init.txt. I'm not sure what the twbt_init folder is for - it might be used if TWBT is enabled somehow, but I'm pretty sure TWBT doesn't deal with that folder directly.

Short version: it's not DFHack stuff, but your setup is strange enough that I'm not sure exactly how to get it working. My best advice is to install TWBT from the link above and see if that fixes anything, but you might also have to make some configuration changes.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

surazal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: January 13, 2018, 03:32:50 pm »

It definitely has something to do with TWBT. TWBT isn't included in DFHack, so I don't know what you meant by "the most recent update included the TWBT mod" - you can get TWBT from https://github.com/mifki/df-twbt ("Releases"). Also, it sounds like you're dealing with a pack, because I've never heard of a "twbt_init" folder - init.txt is usually just in data/init/init.txt. I'm not sure what the twbt_init folder is for - it might be used if TWBT is enabled somehow, but I'm pretty sure TWBT doesn't deal with that folder directly.

Short version: it's not DFHack stuff, but your setup is strange enough that I'm not sure exactly how to get it working. My best advice is to install TWBT from the link above and see if that fixes anything, but you might also have to make some configuration changes.

Hm, OK, your point about twbt not being in dfhack led me to double-check, and it turns out it's from the Phoebus pack, not dfhack. They must have included it with their pack when tbwt was released for DF 0.44.04 recently.

So yes, you are correct, my bad. Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 03:50:13 pm by surazal »

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #758 on: January 13, 2018, 03:54:20 pm »

I've been running a pocket size world with a 1 tile embark, trying to isolate when I can get the hard crash to happen. It's occurred several times, but I can't quite isolate a consistent time, and I'm not sure if the 1 tile embark is to blame either. I've gotten past the first migrant wave, and am trying to get to the second.
It's been less straining on patience than it ought to be because I'm running the game at uncapped FPS, and I'm saving frequently until an event that would crash the game consistently happens shortly after loading, and I'll upload the save.
DF Version 44.03
For your amusement: uncapped normally peaks at at around 162800 fps, but tanks to 600 whenever leaves and fruits start falling from trees.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 03:56:08 pm by iceball3 »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: January 13, 2018, 03:58:56 pm »

You might be able to use "repeat" to get "quicksave" to run automatically and leave it to run on its own.

Unrelated (maybe):

If anyone is getting crashes related to the units screen, can you please follow the instructions here (specifically disabling the search plugin) and see if that helps?

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: January 13, 2018, 03:59:54 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Oh sorry, those graphics packs probably should have included some instructions for the new TWBT layout to explain how to install the TWBT content.
  • Move the contents of the "twbt_art" folder into the "art" folder.
  • Move the contents of the "twbt_init" folder into the "init" folder.
  • Move the "onLoad.init" file into the "raw" folder.
  • Move the contents of the "twbt_objects" folder into the "objects" folder.
  • Move the contents of the "twbt_graphics" folder into the "graphics" folder.

The TWBT and vanilla versions of the graphics packs were holding each other back. This is so creatures can have transparent background for TWBT users but without changing the creature background to black for non-TWBT users. It allows the non-TWBT versions to use simplified language files without forcing the TWBT versions (that don't need it) to do them same. It allows the TWBT versions to use cool multi-layer transparency feature, without making the tiles look bad for non-TWBT users.. It also allows the non-TWBT versions to use true-black in their color palettes so TTF doesn't look ugly.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: January 14, 2018, 05:38:34 am »

What does "doesn't work" mean?
it means that even when entering "mousequery edge enable" into the dfhack console, it doesnt activate the edge scrolling.

it does work when putting dfhack into mephs latest pack (the one with the launcher) and into a vanilla DF. I got no idea why it doesnt work with the LNP or why it didnt work with the dfhack version used in those packs.
anyway i'm glad it works for me now.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: January 14, 2018, 03:15:53 pm »

it means that even when entering "mousequery edge enable" into the dfhack console, it doesnt activate the edge scrolling.
Oh, so it's not all of DFHack that doesn't work. It's possible that you have a mismatch between mousequery and DFHack versions, especially if you're using TWBT's mousequery. Or it's possible that TWBT's mousequery behaves differently.

Isher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: January 14, 2018, 06:06:53 pm »

Mousequery edge enable works with TWBT's version of mousequery, you just have to make sure it's the correct mousequery plugin installed. Generally if it's the wrong verison of mousequery it'll tell you in the dfhack window.

Unrelated question: Should 44.05 work with this version since it's only like one change or do memory addresses and such get changed for even minor edits?

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #764 on: January 14, 2018, 06:14:01 pm »

Mousequery edge enable works with TWBT's version of mousequery, you just have to make sure it's the correct mousequery plugin installed. Generally if it's the wrong verison of mousequery it'll tell you in the dfhack window.

Unrelated question: Should 44.05 work with this version since it's only like one change or do memory addresses and such get changed for even minor edits?
He mentioned earlier that as long as too much doesn't change between the update, all that's needed is some fiddling with the header (and worrying about a few unforeseen bugs).
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 243