Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 243

Author Topic: DFHack 50.13-r1  (Read 810803 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.43.05-r3.1 | 0.44.05-alpha1 (dev)
« Reply #840 on: January 26, 2018, 02:07:14 pm »

I did some more checks with the dfhacks releases.

I found that the last version that work correctly on the xp system is DF 43.03 + DFHack 0.43.03-r1

The 1st version that stopped to work correctly on that system and can't detect plugins and etc is DF 43.05 + DFHack 0.43.05-alpha1
(there isn't a 43.04 df hack version apparently)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: January 26, 2018, 05:16:00 pm »

Thanks, that helps. We had to upgrade the Windows compiler to match Toady upgrading his for 0.43.04 (which is why there wasn't a release for 0.43.04 - we would have had to make some changes for 0.43.04 support, and many more for 0.43.05, so we decided to skip 0.43.04). My best guess is that MSVC 2015 breaks DFHack's filesystem layer some on XP, although since XP is 17 years old and unsupported, I can't commit to fixing it. It appears to be a bug mentioned here, although I'm not sure if that's something that could be fixed on our end, Toady's end, or yours.

One possibility would be to download https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49984, locate any DLLs that it installed matching ones in the DF folder (not sure where those would be), and copy them into the DF folder. I'm not entirely sure if that would work, though.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: January 26, 2018, 05:31:37 pm »

Wow! 17 years old! And here I was thinking my 7-year-old operating system (Lion) was getting to be too old.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: January 26, 2018, 05:51:55 pm »

Please don't try to support Windows XP - it's been unsupported for almost four years now, terribly insecure and a general PITA.  If you're using it, upgrade to Linux or a newer version of Windows as soon as possible.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: January 26, 2018, 06:29:56 pm »

Kubuntu might be a good choice for playing Dwarf Fortress on older computers. Kubuntu seems to be popular with Dwarf Fortress Linux users. Kubuntu is a good choice because it is the same as the most-user-friendly Linux distribution (Ubuntu) except it uses KDE and Qt instead of Gnome, and it is also Debian-based (which is what Dwarf Fortress is built for). With Kubuntu having so many Dwarf Fortress users, it might be easier to get technical help.

For a computer with less than 2 GB of RAM, Xubuntu or Lubuntu might be better choices. They are also Debian-based forks of Ubuntu. I'd probably pick Lubuntu of those two because it includes lighter-weight office software than the full-featured LibreOffice.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: January 26, 2018, 06:40:41 pm »

Why Kubuntu and not Linux Mint ?
I had installed Mint on a relative old laptop in order to get it usable again for just browsing, as it wasn't mine i didn't had the idea to try to run DF on it, it looked easy and light enough for the browsing at least.

Is there something with Kubuntu that makes it a better choice for linux and DF than mint ?

Anyways, thanks lethosor for looking into the matter, i thought it had to do with how XP does not make use those roaming application data folders, didn't thought it had to do with a msvc 2015 problem.
No problem with me though, i'll just use latest df on my slightly more recent PC to be able to use dfhack , my old xp based laptop will still be my 34.11 base :)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: January 26, 2018, 06:43:54 pm »

DF and DFHack are entirely self-contained and don't use data folders outside of the DF folder.

It's generally pretty easy to set DF up on Ubuntu/Debian-based distros because that's what Toady uses. That doesn't mean other distros aren't also easy to use - if you're familiar with Mint and can get DF running on it, that's fine.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: January 26, 2018, 07:08:34 pm »

Ah thanks, i see , i was wondering if there was any specifics to Kubuntu that made it more DF friendly than other distros, good to see it was just a matter of preference in the end.

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: January 27, 2018, 06:22:42 pm »

Development of the OS windows clone "Reactos has exploded since recently moving to github and may have an XP replacement in beta this year.

I found a personality key -
"likes working outdoors and grumbles only mildly..." is in :
Code: [Select]
unit->status.current_soul->personality.unk_v4019_1
Values are 0 =none, 1 = "...at least for a while", 2 ="...only mildly at inclement weather".

Apparently this means the unit cares less about sleeping on floors and things, but has nothing to do with caveAdapt.
Klok the Kloker !

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: January 28, 2018, 03:14:19 am »

Development of the OS windows clone "Reactos has exploded since recently moving to github and may have an XP replacement in beta this year.

I found a personality key -
"likes working outdoors and grumbles only mildly..." is in :
unit->status.current_soul->personality.unk_v4019_1
Values are 0 =none, 1 = "...at least for a while", 2 ="...only mildly at inclement weather".

Apparently this means the unit cares less about sleeping on floors and things, but has nothing to do with caveAdapt.
If you go by the text, it means the dorfs are less negative to being out on the surface than normal dorfs, including being blinded by the sun and rained/snowed upon (and I assume this applies only to normal precipitation, not evil rain). That should make those dorfs suitable candidates for jobs such as herbalists, hunters, fisherdwarves, and wood cutters.
If you look at dorf thoughts you'll see they often get negative thoughts from being irritated by the sun and being rained upon.

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: January 28, 2018, 08:46:11 am »

@PatriKLundell
This trait is described on the wiki and elsewhere as not especially relating to being outdoors, "they get significantly reduced happiness penalities from having to do without the comforts of civilization, "
Dwarves get unhappy and sick going outside when their "caveAdapt" counter gets high from spending several seasons without seeing daylight. After a year or two without daylight they throw up every time the go out. The caveAdapt counter is in status.misc_traits and there is a LikesOutdoors counter/key beside it, but it is inactive now and the personality.unk_v4019_1 key holds this detail.
Klok the Kloker !

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: January 28, 2018, 10:34:04 am »

Please don't try to support Windows XP - it's been unsupported for almost four years now, terribly insecure and a general PITA.  If you're using it, upgrade to Linux or a newer version of Windows as soon as possible.
if you're not forced to use directX, i recommend any linux/ubuntu version.
example: linux mint tries to get as close as possible to XP in UI and menus etc. which makes switching to a new system easier.

enough offtopic.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: January 29, 2018, 03:11:01 pm »

Not sure if anyone else knows about this, but you can make a reaction take as long as you want by running a script that continually sets the job.completion_timer to -1. For example this function
function delayReaction(n,job)
 n = n - 1
 if n<1 then return end
 dfhack.timeout(1,'ticks',function () delayReaction(n,job) end)
end
Will cause a job to take as many ticks as you specify (n). Linking this with eventfuls onJobInitiated seems to be enough for delayed reactions. I tested by making a dwarf work a single reaction for a full day.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: January 29, 2018, 03:34:08 pm »

I don't see where that modifies completion_timer; is it missing something?

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: January 29, 2018, 03:37:49 pm »

I don't see where that modifies completion_timer; is it missing something?

Yes it is!
function delayReaction(n,job)
 n = n - 1
 if n<1 then return end
 job.completion_timer = -1
 dfhack.timeout(1,'ticks',function () delayReaction(n,job) end)
end
That's what I get for not copy/pasting
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 243