Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 242

Author Topic: DFHack 50.11-r6  (Read 795370 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.44.10-r1
« Reply #1140 on: May 28, 2018, 09:41:06 am »

No, including the floor.

I investigated how the physics work, and those were the actual measurements used.
time to update the wiki then :)

Done.

MuthSera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: May 28, 2018, 07:52:32 pm »

Edit: Nevermind.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 08:15:58 pm by MuthSera »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: May 31, 2018, 11:50:28 pm »

So... is there a hack that allows one to engrave built floors or walls? Or to fix engravings being on only one side of a wall?

I removed the constructed wall check from the advfort engraving job and it works fine so you should totally be able to slap a new job into the queue for a dorf and have them pop out an engraved whatever.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: June 02, 2018, 10:27:46 am »

so currently fiddling with the army raid stuff still no good idea on what's preventing me from getting units back from sieges with out the game crashing. the only work around I can see is either using a fort to start then swap between that or gm-editor find the missing link that makes a fort played on a dfhack made site vs a fort played on a natural made one.
the only minor progress made in the study was discovering a way to make dfhack made sites pop up in the reclaim/retire mode, which I guess could experiment in figuring out how to toggle those on for other sites so one could go around razing a site to later claim it with their own units.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

snjwffl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: June 03, 2018, 12:29:43 pm »

I have a question about the "blueprint" command syntax.  The first three arguments ("<x> <y> <z>") specify the size of the designations to copy, but how do you specify where to copy?  I've tried having my cursor (in both "d" and "k" viewing modes) at the top left, and at the center, but when I use "digfort" it just designates gibberish.

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: June 05, 2018, 03:28:19 pm »

sorry, dont about that command snjwffl

@PatrickLundell (from other topic)
still not completely certain every dead unit has the flags2.killed flag set
I tried it and all the dead/missing list, even bridge-squashed units, and starved ones have it so it does look like it could be the real "dead" flag. "deactivated" could be a name for 'dead' if its decided to fix it.
Klok the Kloker !

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: June 05, 2018, 03:35:25 pm »

Thanks for checking things up, strainer.

Here's the issue on github: https://github.com/DFHack/df-structures/issues/247#issuecomment-394754758.

I have a lack of ghosts, so I have trouble checking how their flags are set.
I've proposed the name "inactive" as a new name for the current "dead" flag.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: June 05, 2018, 04:16:49 pm »

What about raised corpses? Are they considered an entirely different entity?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: June 05, 2018, 08:42:55 pm »

Undead dont seem to have a 'current_soul', Ive avoided reading them in Cavern Keeper because trying access missing information crashes C++, and I gave up trying to track down exactly whats missing. Should have another crack at it sometime, a debugger would help ay.
Klok the Kloker !

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: June 06, 2018, 04:02:03 am »

I believe a reanimated corpse is a different unit from the creature the corpse was generated from, and it may be that ghosts are also different units (all of them would need to refer back to the same hist fig, if any). Given that a corpse can be reanimated, have the arms and head lopped off, and then have those being reanimated concurrently there's definitely more than one unit involved (and slaughtered animals can yield hair and skin that reanimate and gets killed to reanimate head and arm parts for each if it's an animal with grasping fore limbs).

@strainer: Yes, C(++) considers checks to be wasteful stuff that should be added by the programmer only when absolutely necessary, unlike high level languages where checks can be removed as compiler optimizations. Checking whether current_soul is null and don't access anything it would have pointed to if it is ought to work around that problem. However, there are other things that may have null pointers, so care needs to be taken. The things I'm thinking of are probably in the hist fig structure tree though.

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: June 06, 2018, 06:20:17 am »

Ghost creation doesn't involve the creation of new units; ghosts are just the old unit with unit.flags3.ghostly set, alongside relevant stuff in unit.ghost_info and a flag in the historical figure data. They maintain their current_soul info, and both flags1.dead and flags2.killed are set to false.

Reanimated undead are indeed entirely new units lacking soul data, with relevant stuff set in unit.enemy.undead (including a string that determines their display name, allowing for stuff like "Urist's left arm"). They're generated with their own historical figure data, but refer back to the original unit's historical figure via unit.hist_figure_id2. Both flags1.dead and flags2.killed are false.
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: June 06, 2018, 06:48:26 am »

Thanks for those explanations, Atomic Chicken.
That would mean normal ghosts go through the process of:
- Unit dies. both "dead" and "killed" are set, and a death cause incident is generated (the incident presumably is generated when the incident happened, which may be relevant for a drawn out death).
- Unit returns as a ghost, and "dead" and "killed" are reset.
- Ghost expires/gets slabbed/buried, and "dead" and "killed" are set again?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: June 08, 2018, 10:34:56 am »

Thanks for those explanations, Atomic Chicken.
That would mean normal ghosts go through the process of:
- Unit dies. both "dead" and "killed" are set, and a death cause incident is generated (the incident presumably is generated when the incident happened, which may be relevant for a drawn out death).
- Unit returns as a ghost, and "dead" and "killed" are reset.
- Ghost expires/gets slabbed/buried, and "dead" and "killed" are set again?
ghosts are the lingering dead units that stay on the map that have a ghost timer, until they get put to rest or the map unloads them, which I guess is why adventure mode doesn't seem to make ghosts unless a player hangs out in a spot long enough to cause one to rise(not to say ghosts don't exist in adventure mode just that would be amazing to see someone create a ghost).
but yeah they pretty much act like mummies in that they are resurrected vs the other undead which are reanimated

oh and Ghosts can get killed again through physical means if you somehow bring back their body via transformation regeneration then uhh Fire arrows or hit one with a minecart the ghost could re-die from their wounds. but I guess that could just reset the ghost timer for that dead again unit.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: June 08, 2018, 12:26:22 pm »

Are dwarves in fell moods still able to use ghosts?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: June 08, 2018, 08:17:56 pm »

What about husks? Do they keep their souls?

Are dwarves in fell moods still able to use ghosts?
Still open on the bug tracker.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 242