Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 242

Author Topic: DFHack 50.11-r6  (Read 795495 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.44.10-r1
« Reply #1155 on: June 08, 2018, 10:03:52 pm »

It was last updated in 2011, though, so it's possible that it was fixed unintentionally at some point since then. If anyone can reproduce it in 0.44 or so, that would be helpful.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: June 09, 2018, 05:28:31 am »

---
- Ghost expires/gets slabbed/buried, and "dead" and "killed" are set again?

This is correct.

What about husks? Do they keep their souls?

I haven't looked into this, but I think that the changes observed in husks were just regular old syndrome effects, so the soul data is probably left intact.

It was last updated in 2011, though, so it's possible that it was fixed unintentionally at some point since then. If anyone can reproduce it in 0.44 or so, that would be helpful.

I tested this by inducing a fell mood using the "strangemood" plugin and teleporting a ghost into the same room as the target unit. The ghost was subsequently murdered, so it appears that this particular bug hasn't been fixed yet. Note that no corpse is generated since ghosts are produced with all body parts missing, so the mood material requirement remains unfulfilled.
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: June 09, 2018, 12:39:05 pm »

So how do I actually USE the remove-stress script, I put it in using the all argument and I get an error, do I actually have to remove-stress from EVERY dwarf individually?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: June 09, 2018, 03:04:54 pm »

So how do I actually USE the remove-stress script, I put it in using the all argument and I get an error, do I actually have to remove-stress from EVERY dwarf individually?
Can you copy and paste the exact error here? Right clicking the title bar should give you an option to copy if selecting doesn't work on Windows.

Also, what argument exactly did you use?

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: June 09, 2018, 03:15:37 pm »

remove-stress all

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: June 09, 2018, 03:28:25 pm »

remove-stress all

Arguments in the majority of DFHack scripts must be preceded by a hyphen. So in this case, what you need to enter is as follows:
Code: [Select]
remove-stress -all
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: June 09, 2018, 03:32:11 pm »

and now I have

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: June 09, 2018, 03:54:25 pm »

and now I have

Ah, the problem is that you've got soulless units on the map. The script was updated a few weeks ago to deal with this issue, so the version you're using is likely to be outdated. To solve the problem, replace the contents of your copy with the version found here.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: June 09, 2018, 06:49:25 pm »

Yeah, that's the issue that I fixed in that script recently. To be fair, that fix wasn't in 0.44.10-r1, so it's not that it's an outdated version of that script specifically, at least if you only consider official releases of DFHack. I'm not sure on a timeline for r2 yet, so upgrading the script yourself is your best bet.

Oafsalot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.44.10-r1 - Planning Mode
« Reply #1164 on: June 10, 2018, 01:47:20 pm »

I've come across a bug with Planning Mode.

I don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere.

I started a new fort, in the latest version, and used planning mode extensively.

I abandoned and reclaimed the fort. The dwarves were all too depressed to work.

Upon trying to use Planning Mode I now get the error and the job is removed:

Kol Lorbanunib, Miner cancels Construct Building: Needs item.
The dwarves were unable to complete the unknown material Table.

It should be noted I have the items that match the job. And even if I just try to place a basic table, with no modifiers, it still won't place it.

I've read that this could be to do with workflow. However I set it to disabled and reloaded the fort to no avail.

Does anyone know why this happens. Perhaps a way to reinitialise Planning Mode to fix it.

Thanks

Oafsalot

If you like this game why not head over to https://www.patreon.com/bay12games/posts and make a small contribution?!

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: June 10, 2018, 02:26:51 pm »

Have you restarted DF? If that doesn't fix it, please upload the save.

Oafsalot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: June 10, 2018, 04:56:07 pm »

I restarted twice, no go. However I thought I'd just try it again and it worked.

If it repeats I'll be sure to get a save.

Thanks

oafsalot
If you like this game why not head over to https://www.patreon.com/bay12games/posts and make a small contribution?!

Oafsalot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: June 11, 2018, 12:53:39 pm »

I tracked down the problem to 'autounsuspend'. Basically as soon as you enable it all the ghosted furniture will try to complete, be unable to do so and then remove itself.

Autounsuspend treats it as if it's a suspended job.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: June 11, 2018, 01:07:30 pm »

Yeah, they basically are suspended jobs. Were you using autounsuspend before you reclaimed?

Maybe there's a way for autounsuspend to detect buildingplan jobs, but I'm not sure. Checking for "unknown material" might do it.

Markrath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: June 11, 2018, 06:21:45 pm »

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I remember seeing or hearing, a few years ago, that there is a way to find the position of a specific creature in the game using dfhack. Is that still (or was it ever) possible? I'm having trouble finding a beast in the place where it was last seen.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 242