Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 242

Author Topic: DFHack 50.11-r6  (Read 795591 times)

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.44.10-r1
« Reply #1185 on: June 12, 2018, 03:33:24 pm »

got it to work.

thefriendlyhacker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: June 12, 2018, 03:45:35 pm »

When i type in gui/create-item nothing happens... also I used createitem CHEESE CREATURE_MAT:COW:CHEESE 200 that you just posted and nothing happened.. it just said no unit selected
You need to select a unit using (k), (v) or the (u)nits screen.  Press v, move the cursor over one of your units, and run createitem with the same arguments again.

EDIT: derp, that's what I get for not previewing and checking for more posts before replying.  Ignore this.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 03:47:12 pm by thefriendlyhacker »
Fallout Equestria Redux - that's right, it's back

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: June 12, 2018, 04:16:42 pm »

Except you don't need to do that for createitem since at least a year or two ago, which is why I asked what the DFHack version was. If it's not really old, there's a bug that needs to be fixed. So what version are you using?

I'd also like to know if gui/create-item worked or not.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: June 13, 2018, 05:15:35 am »

Is it possible to delete objects with DF hack?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: June 13, 2018, 07:28:53 am »

Is it possible to delete objects with DF hack?
Yes. Autodump can do that, for instance (man autodump to get a description of the command).

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: June 13, 2018, 07:58:12 am »

"help autodump" is the same and might be easier to remember.

We also have documentation at https://dfhack.readthedocs.io/en/stable/. Autodump can be found at https://dfhack.readthedocs.io/en/stable/docs/Plugins.html#autodump (or by searching).

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: June 13, 2018, 10:41:17 am »

Can somebody post the whole command string for both autodump destroy and clean map

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: June 13, 2018, 10:50:14 am »

I dont know how this is suppose to work

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: June 13, 2018, 12:28:41 pm »

Can somebody post the whole command string for both autodump destroy and clean map
It's literally what you posted. "clean map" and "autodump destroy" work fine for me. For autodump, you need to mark items for dumping in-game, like the link I posted says: https://dfhack.readthedocs.io/en/stable/docs/Plugins.html#autodump

Is that still unclear? If so, what exactly is the problem? "I don't know" or "it doesn't work" aren't enough for us to help you much more than that. At least console output or a screenshot of DF+DFHack would help if you can't describe what's happening.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 12:32:05 pm by lethosor »

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: June 13, 2018, 03:18:20 pm »

Another question.. Can you use DF hack to delete dwarves?

Alright it said 34 items marked for destroy but i dont know how to finish it, the items are still there.

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: June 13, 2018, 03:19:24 pm »

Oh wait, they are gone now

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: June 13, 2018, 03:36:59 pm »

You can use "exterminate" to kill dwarves. "exterminate it" kills the currently-selected unit. More: https://dfhack.readthedocs.io/en/latest/docs/_auto/base.html?highlight=exterminate#exterminate
This does leave a corpse behind. You could use autodump to get rid of that if you want.

I guess the autodump documentation could be improved some. Any takers?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: June 13, 2018, 04:30:53 pm »

Another question.. Can you use DF hack to delete dwarves?

Alright it said 34 items marked for destroy but i dont know how to finish it, the items are still there.
The reason items don't disappear immediately when you destroy them is that the command marks them for destruction, but they're not actually removed until DF resumes. This, in turn, is because you can't just disintegrate items, but have to clean them out properly so ownership, container contents/holder, etc. are removed without leaving references to objects that just vanished.
The same goes for eliminating creatures: owned items have to be dealt with, nobility inheritance has to be taken care of, pet/spouse/... loss depression processed, etc.

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: June 14, 2018, 07:49:22 pm »

Can you exile dwarves?

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #1199 on: June 14, 2018, 08:52:13 pm »

The reason items don't disappear immediately when you destroy them is that the command marks them for destruction, but they're not actually removed until DF resumes. This, in turn, is because you can't just disintegrate items, but have to clean them out properly so ownership, container contents/holder, etc. are removed without leaving references to objects that just vanished.
And the reason you have to unpause is because DFHack doesn't actually know how to do all of that cleanup, so it just sets a special flag and tells Dwarf Fortress itself to do that cleanup, and that only happens when the game is unpaused (once every 100 frames, if I recall correctly).

Can you exile dwarves?
Why do you want to do that?
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 242