Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 243

Author Topic: DFHack 50.12-r3  (Read 806777 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.44.12-r1
« Reply #1290 on: July 15, 2018, 04:22:38 pm »

Yeah, everything writing text to files should do it in UTF-8. That isn't the default behavior for DF-encoded text, though, so many tool authors forget this. I'm not sure why it wasn't fixed when the encoding note was added.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: July 16, 2018, 07:16:20 am »

@lethosor: No particular attachment to make. Though I couldn't find ninja's minimum requirements at glance (I guess it might possibly want multi-core computer), no idea if they're significant for anyone.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: July 16, 2018, 08:10:32 am »

Neither could care less how many cores your computer has - the only difference is that Ninja uses multiple cores by default, while Make does not, but that's configurable with the -j option for both.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: July 17, 2018, 10:59:14 am »

DFHack structure research request: Does anyone know how to look for volcanoes?

I know volcanoes are present as features, but when you view volcanoes pre embark they have names, which implies there should be a structure for them specifically akin to the one for rivers or the one for mountain peaks. A volcano structure also ought to contain the world tile coordinates of the volcano, and probably the mid level (region) tile coordinates within that tile as well.

The reason I'm looking for this data is that I've tried to hack a volcano in and then tried to embark on top of it, and DF has crashed every time. Apart from that, the volcano is visible only on the region view, not on the world tile level, which is another indication that there's something missing, and DF creates a region feature for the volcano where it feels like it, not where I want it (if I create it and move away from the tile, it's back where DF creates it when returning).

Edit: It looks like volcanoes are a special case of mountain peaks. It's possible flags[0] is "is_volcano".
Edit 2: And hacking in a "volcano" mountain peak caused a volcano to appear: the other structures were created automatically, and embarking on top of it worked. I've failed to see anything indicating which mid level tile the volcano would appear in, though.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 03:46:44 pm by PatrikLundell »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1295 on: July 18, 2018, 02:39:23 am »

Cant you simulate a volcano?  change the tiletype to open-space and magma flows, the edges to obsidian. Repeat for x zlvls till the magma lake is reached.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: July 18, 2018, 02:54:09 am »

I've failed to see anything indicating which mid level tile the volcano would appear in, though.

What?
Mid level tile = the 16 * 16 tiles that make up a world tile. The term "mid level tile" is the one Toady used when asked in a FotF about what he called the different levels a year or two ago. Thus, a default embark covers 4*4 mid level tiles. (I assume that's what the rather terse "What?" was asking).

Cant you simulate a volcano?  change the tiletype to open-space and magma flows, the edges to obsidian. Repeat for x zlvls till the magma lake is reached.
Not pre embark, as the structure you'd hack hasn't been generated yet. I assume you could build a simulated "volcano" that way post embark, though, although I don't know if that would provide any magma rain to fill it. Anyway, that's not what I'm interested in doing.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1297 on: July 18, 2018, 04:48:58 am »

I've failed to see anything indicating which mid level tile the volcano would appear in, though.

What?
Mid level tile = the 16 * 16 tiles that make up a world tile. The term "mid level tile" is the one Toady used when asked in a FotF about what he called the different levels a year or two ago. Thus, a default embark covers 4*4 mid level tiles. (I assume that's what the rather terse "What?" was asking).

Yep, thanks. I've never heard that and was rather confused thinking about z-levels or I don't know what. Don't we usually call them embark tiles?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: July 18, 2018, 05:22:05 am »

They've also been called region tiles, although region tiles have also been used for a different level. Because of the risk for confusion, I've decided to adopt the terminology Toady provided when asked. I tried searching for Toady's answer, but failed to find it, though (I'm not very compatible with either the board or bug tracker search functions).

Sorg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • EnglishWithCoffee
« Reply #1299 on: July 19, 2018, 12:04:34 am »

They've also been called region tiles, although region tiles have also been used for a different level. Because of the risk for confusion, I've decided to adopt the terminology Toady provided when asked. I tried searching for Toady's answer, but failed to find it, though (I'm not very compatible with either the board or bug tracker search functions).
I think this is the answer you are talking about (it's from FotF 08.2017)
Intelligent is a strong word to use around DF.
you're lucky it wasn't an adventurer.  I've heard they can bash your skull in by throwing water at you.  UNDERWATER

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1300 on: July 19, 2018, 12:28:13 am »

I think this is the answer you are talking about (it's from FotF 08.2017)

Ha ha, I'm not sure official names are useful -- they are often the worst names since the purpose of the structures has changed over the years, etc.  In any case, we have the 16x16 world tiles, which are called "feature shells" <...>

Nope I'm not ready to use "feature shells" :)

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: July 19, 2018, 04:08:30 am »

Thanks Sorg for digging up Toady's definitions.

I'm using "feature shells" when I need to refer to them, which isn't often, as the only case I know of is the weird organization of features.

Tryble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: July 20, 2018, 03:06:47 pm »

I just ran into the game-ending open-legends script bug described here.  The embark explodes in brutal fashion a little while after loading the save, revealing all tiles, regenerating the map, etc.  Odd, since it looks like this commit fixed that problem.

Anyway, judging from the comments in the issue page and related pages, I guess this save is done for?

To help any possible future searchers: Save is massively bugged, one a certain day the entire map is revealed, including HFS.  All dug stone is changed to undug stone as if the dwarves never mined out the fortress, and all buildings on the surface collapse.  The only tiles not replaced by their original stone are those which have items or dwarves standing in them.  In short, just about the entire embark is obliterated.  This is the same thing described in this reddit post, this mantis issue, and these DFHack threads.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1303 on: July 20, 2018, 03:28:54 pm »

Oh no. I just included a little workshop to run open-legends in my pack.  :-/

I hope this can be fixed, or i have to delete it again.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

comnom

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: July 20, 2018, 10:09:57 pm »

Hey guys, longtime player/luker/fan of DF and all her utilities.

Couple questions:

How interested would you guys be in an updated(graded) make-monarch script?
I've used the underlying logic to make the script applicable to all noble positions in entity.positions.own ("MONARCH", "DUKE", "COUNT", "BARON", "DIPLOMAT", "GENERAL", "LIEUTENANT", "CAPTAIN", "OUTPOST_LIAISON") and made it so that you can "demote" a unit without raising another.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(dead group barons borking my site's progression and "inhereted" barons were the impetus for the script if you were wondering).

I noticed the github repo doesn't have a contributing guidelines, so here I am rather than just doing a PR. Also the original make-monarch doesn't have any licensing attached to it, so while I'd be happy to release under a GNU GPLv3 I'm not quite sure if that's kosher.

With the above script in mind; What do we know about the event(s) concering elevating a fortress (barony/county/duchy)?

Ideally, I'd like to have the script elevate the fort if you assign a position you're not yet on, but I've failed in finding anything relevant.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 10:35:55 pm by comnom »
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 243