Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 242

Author Topic: DFHack 50.11-r6  (Read 795717 times)

em312s0n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.44.12-r1
« Reply #1530 on: October 29, 2018, 11:33:02 pm »

Does anyone know how to edit custom stockpiles via editing the .dfstock files from Dwarf Fortress 0.44.12\stocksettings ? I tried opening it and I just couldn't make sense of it.

I was trying to make a custom stockpile for every food and drink that all of my dwarves like to eat but having to go through and search for every ingredient via the menu is pretty tedious (90 solid consumables and 41 drinks).

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: October 30, 2018, 11:13:25 am »

They're binary files - you can't edit them directly. A script could probably create the stockpile settings that you want, though
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Betrix5068

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: November 01, 2018, 06:30:42 pm »

3dveins is giving me a "Discontinuous layer 1 at (73,86,120)" error. I'm guessing this might be because I have an ocean embark, but am not sure.

Is there any way to rectify this? Already tried fixveins but it didn't seem to do anything. I like using 3dveins.

I'd like to know this too. seaside, lakeside, and riverside settlements are quite fun IMO and it's a damn shame if 3dveins doesn't work on them. That "discontinuous layer 1 at (30,510,80)" thing is pretty sad to see. Is there some way to force it?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 06:41:25 pm by Betrix5068 »

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #1533 on: November 13, 2018, 01:53:46 pm »

Hello,
I'm having a bit of trouble with keybindings. I want to switch the mousewheel to execute
twbt tilesize 16 16
and
twbt tilesize 32 32

1. what should I input in dfhack.init to achieve this?
2. when i press CTRL+F1, a list of keybindings is brought up. There's Shift-O and Shift-P there, which exectute twbt tilesize smaller and bigger.
This should not happen because Shift-P opens petitions. Where can I disable this setting?
<3

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: November 13, 2018, 02:08:02 pm »

so kinda was wondering if it possible to get the advmode day night cycle working for fortmode?
what I got here is a gamemode set to 1 and Gametype set to 0.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: November 13, 2018, 02:10:20 pm »

Hello,
I'm having a bit of trouble with keybindings. I want to switch the mousewheel to execute
twbt tilesize 16 16
and
twbt tilesize 32 32

1. what should I input in dfhack.init to achieve this?
The keybinding command does not support the mouse wheel, so that's not possible.
2. when i press CTRL+F1, a list of keybindings is brought up. There's Shift-O and Shift-P there, which exectute twbt tilesize smaller and bigger.
This should not happen because Shift-P opens petitions. Where can I disable this setting?
dfhack.init (or a file it loads)

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: November 13, 2018, 03:24:47 pm »

so kinda was wondering if it possible to get the advmode day night cycle working for fortmode?
what I got here is a gamemode set to 1 and Gametype set to 0.
looks promising!
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: November 15, 2018, 07:33:44 am »

There's one bug with position.lua script, which manifests itself on the last day of the year.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is caused by algorithm calculating the month to be 13th. This algorithm actually causes each last day of the month to be treated as the 0th day of the subsequent month.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: November 15, 2018, 03:01:00 pm »

Background: For my detailed unit viewer I am getting description information by reading the unit description screen and parsing the text by color and order so that I can use different parts of it in different places. This works, but if the colors are ever changed or the order the description is outputted in changes it will break my system. I was thinking of instead generating the description myself by reading the units various values and creating the corresponding description strings.

Question: I think I remember seeing a script that created descriptions from the units numbers (e.g. a unit with >41 LAW would have "is an absolute believer in the rule of law"), does anyone know where/if this script exists? Or if it doesn't exist does anyone know a better method for recreating the description screen without reading from the description screen?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: November 15, 2018, 05:53:36 pm »

@Roses: This script ought to carry you some of the way: https://github.com/PatrikLundell/scripts/blob/own_scripts/thoughts.lua. Note that it's a web page with the script on it, not a link to a .lua file.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: November 16, 2018, 12:07:43 pm »

@Roses: This script ought to carry you some of the way: https://github.com/PatrikLundell/scripts/blob/own_scripts/thoughts.lua. Note that it's a web page with the script on it, not a link to a .lua file.

That's the exact script I remembered! Yay, I wasn't being silly this time. Do you mind if I use some/all of it (with credit of course)? Then I would just need to do something similar for attributes, appearance, and health and it would be perfect.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: November 16, 2018, 01:56:20 pm »

That's the exact script I remembered! Yay, I wasn't being silly this time. Do you mind if I use some/all of it (with credit of course)? Then I would just need to do something similar for attributes, appearance, and health and it would be perfect.
I don't care much about credits, apart from when people explicitly claim to have made stuff they've gotten from elsewhere. After all, the whole DFHack script thing is a process of building upon stuff others have made before (mine being no exception, of course). You're free to make use of it as is or take the parts you need, although it would probably be best if your script didn't end up with the same name, as that can lead to confusion down the line.
I believe some parts of the script will have to be adjusted when a new DFHack version appears, as I think there are references in there to fields that have been identified in DFHack pull requests, but not yet incorporated into a new version (I know a couple of new thoughts ought to be adjusted, but I believe they'll still work with indices rather than names).

As you may see, I started out trying to replicate the thoughts screen (for use with gremlins, visitors, and the odd distracted cat), but changed course to rather try to display all the info in the structures, rather than the truncated display DF provides such as e.g. which song Urist enjoyed singing, or who Urist fought when in conflict (DF provides some of that in the top thought at times).

When it comes to attributes, etc. I can't provide any support as I haven't messed with those parts.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: November 16, 2018, 02:01:45 pm »

There's one bug with position.lua script, which manifests itself on the last day of the year.

Reported on GitHub, thanks.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: November 20, 2018, 12:27:23 pm »

Which version of lua are we using? And more specifically, does it handle integer divide (i.e. '//')? I would test but I'm going to be away from a DF enabled computer for a couple days and I don't really like using math.floor(), not really sure why.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: November 20, 2018, 12:30:19 pm »

5.3 as of DF 0.43.05

Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 242