Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 243

Author Topic: DFHack 50.12-r3  (Read 809313 times)

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.44.12-r2
« Reply #1695 on: April 08, 2019, 03:00:18 am »

You're unlikely to be able to conquer the continent due to the raiding bug. Check all kinds of military equipment (Armor,Gauntlets, etc.) and go down to the bottom of the list for each category. When the bug manifests itself there are nonsensical entries at the bottom of at least one category. All my fortresses trying raiding have died due to this bug (except the first, which couldn't raid at all due to a bug preventing dead civ raids from ever getting anywhere). Thus, I consider raiding to be FUBAR and expect it to remain so at least until the post villain bug fixing (While Toady has acknowledging not fixing the weapon trap crash bug was bad and indications he'll change to a more parallel development style with support for the current release while working on the next one in the future, there's no indication he'll switch earlier than he's forced to).

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: April 08, 2019, 04:48:52 am »

You're probably refering to stocks screen, right? I can't see anything out of ordinary in any category; all items seem to make sense and can be confirmed to exist somewhere within the fortress. Everything else seems to point at the raiding corruption bug, though; most likely it's going to be impossible to complete this challenge.

Anyway I'll drop this topic since obviously it isn't a DFHack problem. Many thanks for your help.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 06:02:23 am by Staalo »
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: April 08, 2019, 08:20:10 am »

I'm not referring to the stocks screen, but to the militia equipment screen, where you typically specify broad categories such as helmet, or metal helmet, but you can also specify an exact piece of equipment, and that's where the corruption can be visible.

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: April 08, 2019, 02:19:38 pm »

Ah, yes. Well, looking at this

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'd say that yes, this definitely looks like the bug you mentioned.  Funny that I didn't notice that earlier while playing with equipment. So this probably means that the fort is pretty much done?

Uhhh... welcome?

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: April 08, 2019, 03:14:30 pm »

Ah, yes. Well, looking at this

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'd say that yes, this definitely looks like the bug you mentioned.  Funny that I didn't notice that earlier while playing with equipment. So this probably means that the fort is pretty much done?

You might be able to go through with DFHack and manually delete all uniform information, but I'm guessing it's probably just completely FUBAR

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: April 08, 2019, 03:27:48 pm »

Well, technically the fortress can continue to exist as long as you disband all militia and never create any (which means any camping invaders can only be removed through random visits of mercs or other invaders hostile to them...).

Regarding Roses' suggestion, I've tried to clear the equipment lists of "garbage" with DFHack, but that has no effect as the garbage is back the next time the UI is brought up, probably because the UI lists are populated from some other structure I was unable to locate (and which may not be mapped by DFHack). I looked at the item lists, and they looked the same as usual (i.e. stuff not matching the DFHack names at times, but that's probably more a matter of the DFHack structure identification being slightly off when it comes to the purpose of the item structures).

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: April 08, 2019, 04:16:47 pm »

All right. In that case it seems the best option is to mothball this fort in hopes that the bug can be fixed in some future version, and concentrate on more peaceful pursuits. Too bad, I had managed to steamroll over half the continent already before it became impossible to continue.

Thanks for your help.

Uhhh... welcome?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: April 09, 2019, 10:07:23 am »

Patrik/Roses, is it possible to identify the issue programmatically (i.e. not just by visual inspection)? A script to at least detect the issue would be somewhat useful, even if it's not recoverable at the moment.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: April 09, 2019, 10:43:12 am »

Patrik/Roses, is it possible to identify the issue programmatically (i.e. not just by visual inspection)? A script to at least detect the issue would be somewhat useful, even if it's not recoverable at the moment.

I haven't actually looked at this particular issue programmatically, but if Patrik was able to find the garbage with DFHack it shouldn't be too hard, to at least set up a periodic check of the issue. Since the garbage kept returning I'm guessing there is a secondary location where that information is stored that kept repopulating the garbage. Doing a brief cursory search through the df-structures it appears the error might creep up in the df.military, squad_uniform_spec. If I get a chance sometime this week I can look and see if that is true, but like Patrik mentioned it may be arising from a location that hasn't been mapped

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: April 09, 2019, 11:05:05 am »

Unless the locations mentioned by Roses show corruption it might be a bit messy, as the identification involves bringing up the squad equipment UI and specific equipment sub menu, and I expect those structures to exist only when viewed (as their part of the view structure). If a permanent structure showing the corruption can be found it should be reasonably easy to detect: just go through all items and see if there are non wearable items there (you may want to handle shields and weapons too, though, and possibly weird wielded artifacts [like cabinets]).
Having a script bring up the squad equipment menu/specific equipment sub menu is probably possible, though, but it's not suitable as a background activity.

I'm currently not doing anything with DF itself due to this bug, though: it's forum activity only for the next half a year or so (until a somewhat stable Villains release exist).

fortunawhisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: April 09, 2019, 09:50:32 pm »

All right. In that case it seems the best option is to mothball this fort in hopes that the bug can be fixed in some future version, and concentrate on more peaceful pursuits. Too bad, I had managed to steamroll over half the continent already before it became impossible to continue.

@Stallo, could you upload the save to dffd (if you haven't already) and post the link? It might be handy to have a copy where the problem already exists, rather than trying to replicate.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: April 10, 2019, 01:22:54 am »

@fortunawhisk: There's no lack of saves with the bug (including a couple of mine). Most of the crash reports for the current version on the bug tracker is caused by this bug. Someone with a tag I can't catch (ruisuif or something like that) went through the crashing saves and verified the cause in the majority of those (finding the corruption of the data and verifying the repeatable crashes went away of all militia was disbanded). Thus, there's not much point in more saves containing this bug.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: April 10, 2019, 03:20:12 am »

hmm kinda wonder if it possible to just create another fort in this save or is that world just doomed
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: April 10, 2019, 04:06:03 am »

hmm kinda wonder if it possible to just create another fort in this save or is that world just doomed
My unsubstantiated guess is that a new fortress probably would be fine (until you raid), because the items you equip soldiers with are (supposed to) be items local to the fortress, so it's that information that gets corrupted, and the corruption is somehow caused by a bugged handling of what originally was fortress equipment held by raiding soldiers when they return, so if you never raid in a new fortress you probably would start from a blank slate. However, a quick embark with some embark points spent on armor would show if the equipment lists are corrupted from the start. That won't guarantee that corruption isn't hiding somewhere, of course.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: April 10, 2019, 04:21:15 am »

What about just retiring then un-retiring? Would that help at all?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 243