Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 242

Author Topic: DFHack 50.11-r6  (Read 795693 times)

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.44.12-r2
« Reply #1770 on: May 17, 2019, 11:19:11 am »

I NEED KNOW SIZE OF CHAIN!
I'm not quite sure what you're looking for or why you need it. Can you explain what you need it for?

My understanding is that sizes of objects aren't necessarily fixed, although maybe chains are all the same size. If they have a size, it should be tracked somewhere, so looking for it through DFHack should be possible (I doubt anyone can tell you off the top of their head).
I need chain size for weapon made from one trap component and one chain. I know trap component size, but not know chain size.

There are nicer ways to ask. As far as I can tell chains don't have a size, at least not in the traditional sense (they have no item subtype so there is no [SIZE] token. However, if we look at a trap component made of iron and a chain made of iron and compare their weight we can guess a size. An enormous iron corkscrew weighs 12.56 and has a size of 160, an iron chain has a weight of 39.25, therefore, if SIZE is a unit of volume, the chain would have a size of 500. As a comparison, an iron two-handed sword has a weight of 7.65, which would be a SIZE of 97.45, compared to it's listed size of 90. So obviously it's not exact, and for some reason it's huge, but that's the closest you can get. Of course you could also just use the size of whip as an approximation for a weapon chain, since a weapon made with a chain will probably cut off some of the chain anyway.

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: May 17, 2019, 11:56:33 am »

I NEED KNOW SIZE OF CHAIN!
I'm not quite sure what you're looking for or why you need it. Can you explain what you need it for?

My understanding is that sizes of objects aren't necessarily fixed, although maybe chains are all the same size. If they have a size, it should be tracked somewhere, so looking for it through DFHack should be possible (I doubt anyone can tell you off the top of their head).
I need chain size for weapon made from one trap component and one chain. I know trap component size, but not know chain size.

There are nicer ways to ask. As far as I can tell chains don't have a size, at least not in the traditional sense (they have no item subtype so there is no [SIZE] token. However, if we look at a trap component made of iron and a chain made of iron and compare their weight we can guess a size. An enormous iron corkscrew weighs 12.56 and has a size of 160, an iron chain has a weight of 39.25, therefore, if SIZE is a unit of volume, the chain would have a size of 500. As a comparison, an iron two-handed sword has a weight of 7.65, which would be a SIZE of 97.45, compared to it's listed size of 90. So obviously it's not exact, and for some reason it's huge, but that's the closest you can get. Of course you could also just use the size of whip as an approximation for a weapon chain, since a weapon made with a chain will probably cut off some of the chain anyway.
This will be ogre's weapon, so chain may be long.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: May 17, 2019, 12:33:20 pm »

A chain inside a well can stretch from the surface down to the depths of hell, potentially, so....

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: May 17, 2019, 01:40:47 pm »

A chain inside a well can stretch from the surface down to the depths of hell, potentially, so....

Very true. Still I was surprised it was so heavy when I looked. Granted the weight -> size comparison/ratios don't really work, because there are several items with 0 weight and non-zero size. It also seems to be off by about 10% for all of the items I compared with weights and sizes, so there is probably some other factors that go into the calculation of weight.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: May 17, 2019, 01:50:00 pm »

IT WOOORKS! :D
Would you mind testing with smaller map tiles than text tiles (zooming out in the map view should do the trick). I'm not sure how it'll handle that case.
i already zoomed in and out and scrolling worked fine (meph32lite+curses800x600)
i don't know what you changed axactly, but it does the trick.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: May 18, 2019, 01:25:48 pm »

i already zoomed in and out and scrolling worked fine (meph32lite+curses800x600)
Basically, mousequery was always checking the cursor position against the window size in text tiles to determine when to scroll the map. TWBT modifies the cursor position that gets reported when you're hovering over the map so that it reports map tile coordinates instead. This meant that when the map tiles are larger than the text tiles, the cursor position in the lower/right areas of the map would never get large enough to trigger mousequery's scrolling. Thanks for the help diagnosing it - the fix is merged now, so it'll be in the next DFHack release.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: May 18, 2019, 01:46:30 pm »

Basically, mousequery was always checking the cursor position against the window size in text tiles to determine when to scroll the map. TWBT modifies the cursor position that gets reported when you're hovering over the map so that it reports map tile coordinates instead. This meant that when the map tiles are larger than the text tiles, the cursor position in the lower/right areas of the map would never get large enough to trigger mousequery's scrolling. Thanks for the help diagnosing it - the fix is merged now, so it'll be in the next DFHack release.
i'll also tell my friend who had the same problem.
also thanks for the great explanation.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: May 28, 2019, 04:37:18 pm »

poking around dwarf fortress tunnels/road constructions to see if it's possible to make new tunnel systems for adventuring. the hardest part of this is finding the tunnel that shows signs of editing happen, also feels like tunnels/roads use a different position data than the region or embark.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: May 29, 2019, 12:17:55 pm »

How make reaction for create bed? I want make beds from feather or hair and some cloth. This technically is pillow, but named bed is fine too.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: May 29, 2019, 12:30:05 pm »

This is the wrong place to ask, you should try [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION as this is for DFhack related questions using the third party scripts and all that jazz.

To answer in short here's a item list for reactions, when you've got a applicable text file to add it to like furniture.txt you can simply reference material from the reagent to use into the produced bed. I forget if there's anything further to it materially defining.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: June 01, 2019, 04:47:06 am »

can we have a plugin that causes monthly saves? like triggering quicksave at the beginning of each month (except those where seasonal save does)?
the seasonal autosaves aren't enough when the game crashes too often and too unpredictable and i tend to forget to quicksave often enough.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: June 01, 2019, 06:44:05 am »

can we have a plugin that causes monthly saves? like triggering quicksave at the beginning of each month (except those where seasonal save does)?
the seasonal autosaves aren't enough when the game crashes too often and too unpredictable and i tend to forget to quicksave often enough.

Maybe something like this added to the "onLoad" init file would suffice:
Code: [Select]
repeat -name monthly_save -time 1 -timeUnits months -command [ quicksave ]It wouldn't skip seasonal saves, though. (Not sure if that causes a problem.)

Or if you want it to save every 10 mins, even while paused, this might work:
Code: [Select]
repeat -name ten_min_save -time 60000 -timeUnits frames -command [ quicksave ]Assuming a max FPS cap of 100. Not sure what happens if you're in a menu when it activates. Maybe it just fails.
You could cancel it while going AFK using "repeat -cancel ten_min_save". You'd have to re-enter the main command to reactivate it, or save&quit then reload.

If you want anything more complex, you'd need a script/plugin.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 06:56:45 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: June 01, 2019, 07:10:33 am »

thanks :) i'll see if that works and afaik it shouldn't make it crash - only freeze for as long as it takes to save.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: June 01, 2019, 07:29:45 am »

Hmm... It looks like "-timeUnits months" just results in a month's worth of ticks, not at the beginning of each month. This results in a save every 28 dwarf days after the save was loaded, which is not exactly what was intended. Might as well just use an arbitrary number of days, adjusted based on how close to FPS death your fort is. E.g, every 10 days if you've dropped to 30 FPS.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 07:39:22 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: June 01, 2019, 07:49:54 am »

that's already fine - having to redo all the stuff done in a month is already much better than redoing a whole season.
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 242