Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 243

Author Topic: DFHack 50.13-r2.1  (Read 820353 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.44.12-r3
« Reply #2145 on: February 28, 2020, 09:31:41 am »

yeah finding the event that tells you when the god or entity makes a creature is probably not even discovered so scouring through all the history to find it is uhh a pain.

oh crud I just notice DFhack doesn't have all interactions flags/tokens including the new night creature experimenter one that applies on necromancers.

for the experimental alpha build, I don't know if it the same for the beta.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

ZayZe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.44.12-r3 | 0.47.03-beta1
« Reply #2146 on: February 28, 2020, 10:46:28 am »

A bit late, but we have an official pre-release, 0.47.03-beta1, up now: https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases/tag/0.47.03-beta1 (just in time for 0.47.04, probably)

Most likely lol

I assume the next release after this one will be a while though regarding the past dev logs.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: February 28, 2020, 11:50:24 am »

@Rumrusher and IndigoFenix: If there is a history event list for each hist fig it hasn't been mapped, as far as I can see.

It's not surprising that a lot of stuff hasn't been mapped yet, as it depends on people doing that, which, obviously, tends to be in areas they like to poke around in, or at least report what the find missing as issues on github (with as much info as possibly, to get the poor sod who may well be going to try to map something he's not familiar with a reasonable chance of doing a good job).

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: February 29, 2020, 10:31:53 am »

A couple of suggestions for /hack/scripts/modtools/extra-gamelog.lua (soundsense support script):

1. Make the current weather get logged 3 seconds before the current season. This way with the big "official" pack you start to hear the relaxing weather sounds a few seconds before the seasonal music start, and more importantly with the "toikkus" pack, you don't hear "The weather has cleared" and "It is now spring" talking over each other.

2. Second suggestion: Don't log "The weather has cleared." or log a shortened version of it. The "official" pack doesn't have any sound or music to play when then weather has cleared. And for the "toikkus" pack, it doesn't really make sense to hear "The weather has cleared" announced when loading the save. But maybe someday someone will want to make some special clear-weather music that can load when the save loads. So maybe change the logged message from "The weather has cleared." to "weather has cleared." This way sound pack makers can choose to either target all weather cleared messages or target all weather cleared messages except the one that gets logged when the save file is first loaded.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: February 29, 2020, 10:57:32 am »

1. Make the current weather get logged 3 seconds before the current season. This way with the big "official" pack you start to hear the relaxing weather sounds a few seconds before the seasonal music start, and more importantly with the "toikkus" pack, you don't hear "The weather has cleared" and "It is now spring" talking over each other.
It looks to me like this freezes DF for 3 seconds whenever the weather (or season?) changes. That's not a great user experience and is bound to lead to bug reports.

2. Second suggestion: Don't log "The weather has cleared." or log a shortened version of it. The "official" pack doesn't have any sound or music to play when then weather has cleared. And for the "toikkus" pack, it doesn't really make sense to hear "The weather has cleared" announced when loading the save. But maybe someday someone will want to make some special clear-weather music that can load when the save loads. So maybe change the logged message from "The weather has cleared." to "weather has cleared." This way sound pack makers can choose to either target all weather cleared messages or target all weather cleared messages except the one that gets logged when the save file is first loaded.
My opinion on the matter: there are multiple sound utilities (SoundSense, SoundCenSe, SoundSense-RS, and maybe others). Just because one doesn't support a message doesn't mean we should remove that message for other utilities as well. And I'm really not sure what removing "The" accomplishes - both messages look equally easy to parse to me, and by changing a message, we risk breaking compatibility with existing utilities for no clear benefit. (A similar argument could be made for weather - the script's job is to log events when they occur, and sound utilities could fairly easily add a delay before certain sounds if they want to.)
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #2150 on: February 29, 2020, 12:23:12 pm »

@Rumrusher and IndigoFenix: If there is a history event list for each hist fig it hasn't been mapped, as far as I can see.

It's not surprising that a lot of stuff hasn't been mapped yet, as it depends on people doing that, which, obviously, tends to be in areas they like to poke around in, or at least report what the find missing as issues on github (with as much info as possibly, to get the poor sod who may well be going to try to map something he's not familiar with a reasonable chance of doing a good job).

That's a surprising thing to be missing...it's just all the info that appears when you open up a unit's page in Legends mode, and that's been around for...basically forever.
Maybe it's in another legends-related place rather than in the histfig object itself, indexed by the histfig id or something?  Where do I ask about this?

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: February 29, 2020, 12:47:45 pm »

My opinion on the matter: there are multiple sound utilities (SoundSense, SoundCenSe, SoundSense-RS, and maybe others). Just because one doesn't support a message doesn't mean we should remove that message for other utilities as well. And I'm really not sure what removing "The" accomplishes - both messages look equally easy to parse to me, and by changing a message, we risk breaking compatibility with existing utilities for no clear benefit. (A similar argument could be made for weather - the script's job is to log events when they occur, and sound utilities could fairly easily add a delay before certain sounds if they want to.)

Imo, the script is a little too enthusiastic about reporting clear weather. It reports clear weather when creating a new world, and it reports clear weather when starting a new game (before an embark location is chosen), and it reports it as clear when loading an existing save. I would like the sound packs to have the option to only play the clear weather sound when the weather changes from stormy to clear.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: February 29, 2020, 02:54:58 pm »

Oh, that makes more sense - it should be easy enough to not print weather information when a fort isn't loaded. (edit: was backwards)
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 04:03:01 pm by lethosor »

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Erendir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: February 29, 2020, 03:28:33 pm »

Oh, that makes more sense - it should be easy enough to not print weather information when a game is actually loaded.

Adding 2 dashes does the trick (extra-gamelog.lua line 35):
Code: [Select]
    if (not snowing and not raining) then --msg("The weather has cleared.")
    elseif raining then msg("It has started raining.")
    elseif snowing then msg("A snow storm has come.")
    end

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: February 29, 2020, 04:02:31 pm »

Well, that disables the message entirely by commenting it out, including when a fort is loaded. Looking at it again, I'm pretty sure this script is supposed to log weather information when a fort is loaded, because DF only logs it when it changes (when an announcement is displayed). I just realized there was a typo in my earlier post - I meant when a fort isn't loaded (e.g. worldgen and other situations Jecowa mentioned), that message isn't as useful.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: March 01, 2020, 12:14:20 am »

I unfortunately won't be able to take a look at the new dfhack version for a couple weeks, but I am wondering what, if any, of the new stuff has been mapped, or at least it's level of mapping. When I can I would like to start looking at some of the new healing syndromes available through interactions and I'm wondering if that's something I'll be able to look at

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: March 01, 2020, 03:34:01 am »

- There's been a lot of mapping of the "shape" of structures, i.e. introduction of new, unidentified, fields to align structures so that fields previously known again contain the known contents, as well as new unidentified fields at the end of structures.
- Similarly, a lot of enum values have been located, and a fair number identified.
- A number of new fields and structures have been (partially) identified.
- There's been a fair bit of at least identification of new derived types, although the identification of the contents may be lagging behind.

If you've got an interest in a particular area, such as e.g. syndromes, you ought to be better suited than most to help in the identification of the fields within it. Things that those active in field identification are interested in ought to be more likely to be identified than things peripheral to their interests. The syndrome and interaction complex is a particularly messy area that I, personally, avoid unless I need to deal with it.

Alatun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: March 01, 2020, 12:24:32 pm »

I just discovered an "unknown thought" in DwarfTherapist and checked with gui/gm-editor:  (262)

Because it's the only thought of type "dismay" in her "thoughts and preferences" it must be "reliving". The wording in game seems a bit strange, because "reliving" should refer to something (perhaps the subthought 4746).

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: March 01, 2020, 01:04:08 pm »

"Reliving" means it's a remembered thought, i.e. not a current one. The actual thought text should appear instead of " ." at the end. You can get this when hacking DF to check what they are, in particular if you don't have valid subthought/and or severity value.
You'll get the same display when hacking in 257, for instance.
Thoughts 243 - 259, with 257 missing, have been identified to a lesser or greater extent in https://github.com/DFHack/df-structures/issues/363, but nobody has entered it into the mess that describes it.

Also, some thoughts are intended for other purposes than as fortress thoughts, e.g. in history events (251 [from afar], for example, is quite common for artifact claims), and so might not have any fortress thought mapping at all.

It is a bug if this has occurred naturally, as descriptions shouldn't be cut short.

A guess is that a guild hall or temple might have been removed, in which case DF might have failed to find the referenced "building". If you can check what entity 4746 is you might find a religion or guild.

Edit: Didn't manage to provoke any text for 260-262 when starting with a guildhall thought.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 01:26:07 pm by PatrikLundell »

Alatun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: March 01, 2020, 02:40:14 pm »

It is a bug if this has occurred naturally, as descriptions shouldn't be cut short.

A guess is that a guild hall or temple might have been removed, in which case DF might have failed to find the referenced "building". If you can check what entity 4746 is you might find a religion or guild.

Edit: Didn't manage to provoke any text for 260-262 when starting with a guildhall thought.

I think it should be a natural tought. I only "fixed" the stress level of 2 dwarfs (others than the one with this thought) and did a "cleanowned" to cleanup scattered clothing items.

I only relocated a temple and a guildhall to a new spot. Two or three artifacts got stolen (from members of my community, being under the influence of a goblin - as far as my counterintelligence detected so far).

How do I get information for a certain entity ID? I retired the fort and did a legends export. The identity with 4746 is an elf - maybe a guest or from an elven caravan. I also could provide the save, if it is helpful.
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 243