Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 242

Author Topic: DFHack 50.11-r6  (Read 795414 times)

doloresjane

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.47.04-r1
« Reply #2415 on: May 26, 2020, 05:08:08 pm »

Hello, I am writing this in hopes that someone can get back to me, I have been exporting xml files and it says "unknown df.identity_type value encountered:-1. please report to DFhack team"
Not sure what the error is and I also had another a thing id like to ask, in the future could you include how to Report errors to you because when you read the readme it says we can help out by reporting errors but give no way to do so, i mean i figured it out but some other people might not be able to. just a thought, have a great day

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: May 26, 2020, 08:08:37 pm »

For reference, I replied in the GitHub thread. I'm curious about what readme you were looking at - the first post of this thread links to the GitHub issue tracker, but it's definitely possible that things are missing from our docs.
Please report bugs in the GitHub issue tracker.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: May 30, 2020, 01:45:47 am »

well I think df.global.ui_advmode.unk_3124 has access to the adv build menu
and unk_2 and unk_4 has something to do with being able to with the red tile boundary box.

so after testing this and finding away to leave the site I notice I made a really really large camp doing this.

edit: unk_1 to unk 4 in unk_3124 controls the build menu zone that lets you designate and build. 1 and 3 are min and 2 and 4 are the max

this means when making a camp it takes this as measurement for the size of the camp which might help improve my campboat scripts.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 08:29:51 am by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: May 30, 2020, 03:10:55 am »

@Rumrusher: That kind of research is probably better noted as an issue on Github (https://github.com/DFHack/df-structures/issues), as it's likely to get buried over time in this thread (although a mention here as well is useful if you think it's of general interest too).

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: May 30, 2020, 09:20:51 am »

@Rumrusher: That kind of research is probably better noted as an issue on Github (https://github.com/DFHack/df-structures/issues), as it's likely to get buried over time in this thread (although a mention here as well is useful if you think it's of general interest too).
figure once I map out most of the stuff I'll send in a issue report on my findings.
edit: well learn 143 is the tile size of an adv camp... which with combined with my boatcamp mod means I could probably make a camp inside towns and sites.

which after doing that I learn it legit copies what ever chunk was designated as a camp so it's possible for me to say make a smaller camp under a group of people to copy and move them around the world. this knowledge feels like I'm taking a magic photo and placing it down in other places.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 10:48:09 am by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: May 31, 2020, 07:04:37 pm »

Following from some discussion Discord: Does DFHack include any script that deals with the handedness problem with gloves/gauntlets created by custom reactions?

I've found the odd mentions of script on the forum here and there. I couldn't get Meph's script to work, which doesn't surprise me given how old it is it. But maybe I was doing something wrong with it.

Is there anything included by default that handles this?

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #2421 on: June 02, 2020, 10:23:21 am »

There will be soon - I've just written a new Tweak to make custom reactions produce gloves in sets based on the maker's body plan (e.g. a Dwarf will produce 1 left glove and 1 right glove, while an Antman will produce 2 left gloves and 2 right gloves).

The PR is here in case you want to try it out - I've only tested it in Arena mode using the "createitem" plugin (which already contains a similar fix but is coded to disable said fix if it detects that DF is already doing the right thing), but it should work in Fortress and Adventurer mode too.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: June 02, 2020, 11:34:58 am »

Very cool.

Just to check I understand you though, I would want to modify my reaction to produce a single glove/gauntlet/etc instead of two, because your script handles the duplication?

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #2423 on: June 02, 2020, 04:44:48 pm »

Very cool.

Just to check I understand you though, I would want to modify my reaction to produce a single glove/gauntlet/etc instead of two, because your script handles the duplication?
It won't be a script, but a compiled plugin that overrides DF's internal behavior when performing any custom reactions.

The way I've coded it, it will treat both count=1 and count=2 as "produce one set" while treating count>2 as "produce [count] sets", so it won't matter whether your reaction produces 1 glove or 2 gloves.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

xzaxza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: June 04, 2020, 05:32:24 am »

Why doesn't dfhack.TranslateName() capitalize non-ascii letters? For example, it outputs äs Nêcikled, instead of Äs Nêcikled?
Known issues
You may get a dwarf that likes bugged stockpiles.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: June 04, 2020, 07:18:43 am »

Why doesn't dfhack.TranslateName() capitalize non-ascii letters? For example, it outputs äs Nêcikled, instead of Äs Nêcikled?
The general, simple answer is that to do that the code will have to know which character codes are letters and which are not, as well as what the opposite case character code of each letter code is. For the ASCII subset there are simple rules for both, but I'd expect CP437 (if the number is correct) letters to be all over the place, which would require someone to write a translation table for codes that are deemed to be letters.
It can also be noted that character coding will change with the Premium release (I've seen no indication of how, only that the 8 bit restriction is intended to be replaced), but a changed implementation would still probably be valid for half a year.

Edit: Also, I'm not sure there's a consensus about what upper case versions of lower case letters is between languages. I believe English has a tendency to drop a trema over an 'ï' for instance resulting in 'I' rather than 'Ï'.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 07:23:21 am by PatrikLundell »

xzaxza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: June 04, 2020, 08:49:47 am »

The general, simple answer is that to do that the code will have to know which character codes are letters and which are not, as well as what the opposite case character code of each letter code is. For the ASCII subset there are simple rules for both, but I'd expect CP437 (if the number is correct) letters to be all over the place, which would require someone to write a translation table for codes that are deemed to be letters.
It can also be noted that character coding will change with the Premium release (I've seen no indication of how, only that the 8 bit restriction is intended to be replaced), but a changed implementation would still probably be valid for half a year.
Half a year, sounds optimistic. :D

Edit: Also, I'm not sure there's a consensus about what upper case versions of lower case letters is between languages. I believe English has a tendency to drop a trema over an 'ï' for instance resulting in 'I' rather than 'Ï'.
Well, at least in this case the game itself shows the first letter of that name as a capital one.

Oh and I noticed that CP437 actually doesn't even contain upper case versions of all of the accented letters, which sort of is an extra problem. It could still be done in df2utf() or df2console() maybe.
Known issues
You may get a dwarf that likes bugged stockpiles.

Worgensnack

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: June 05, 2020, 07:08:19 pm »

for some reason I can't get dwarfvet to work. I turn it on, set a zone to be a hospital and animal training area, but the animals just send a steam of inaccessible messages but I've seen them in the room. am I doing something wrong or is it something with the plugin?

Rusty_knight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: June 12, 2020, 09:29:49 am »

Is there any scripts or other ways to edit biome/region parameters of an already running fortress?
I've finally found a decent site after a week of world-genning, but it rains EVERY SINGLE DAY there.
Crazy-ass weirdo beaver is my totem animal!

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: June 12, 2020, 11:37:08 am »

Is there any scripts or other ways to edit biome/region parameters of an already running fortress?
I've finally found a decent site after a week of world-genning, but it rains EVERY SINGLE DAY there.
You can change it, but whether it will take effect I don't know. The Biome Manipulator http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=164658.msg7495705#msg7495705 allows you to change things on a world tile level, but it's really intended to be used before embark, and I haven't tried it after.

You can, however, regenerate the same world from its seeds, manipulate it, and then embark in a fresh copy (assuming you didn't make a backup of the world before embarking).
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 242