Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 242

Author Topic: DFHack 50.11-r6  (Read 795629 times)

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.47.04-r1
« Reply #2475 on: July 11, 2020, 01:52:16 pm »

so far in my experience with making the necro site as one of the civs you can start as in fort mode is that the game treats them like any other entity and they don't get any special bonuses
shoot one could say they pull from the main entity they originally come from so a dwarf necro tower will follow dwarf laws and ethics and the human tower will follow human ones and so on.

the big kicker is with the experiment stuff is the way the game made them hardcoded is tied to the historical figure Id number and that makes it so you need to get lucky on the right historical figure number for your experiment raw name or some weird plan like 'post editing the animal tokens so it matches with the experiments the necromancers make.'  would ever work.
No changes? But why they act so different in worldgen?

I can search world.dat for experiment Id full name. Then I put them to ALWAYS_PRESENT pets. Only issue: I cannot unpack world.dat from already generated world. And cannot force necromancers to make experiments in worldgen. Even with modded creature who can do experiments directly in civ - I don't know how make them creating more experiments.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: July 11, 2020, 02:48:00 pm »

dfHack createunit REPTILE_MAN Male, works  and produces the 'r'. dfHack gui/gm-unit on r, edits it, fine. However, once game is unpaused, the entire game crashes to the desktop.

dfHack add-thought on a tamed war elephant, crashes the game to desktop, if he is chained and cannot find a bed to sleep on. Must use dfHack tame and gui/gm-unit to tame and set war animal flags, for this crashing to occur.

Hi knutor, please provide the full commands that you used in the above scenarios to help identify the cause. In addition, try to describe exactly what you did with gui/gm-unit.

...why is an elephant trying to sleep on bed?
It was the last msg before crash. Elephant was unable to find a place to rest. I may have added fat to him. 999,999. Hard to remember.

On the reptile man crash, I used gui/gm-unit to put the newly created male in my civ. Nothing else but maybe uping merriment and leasure time, did I do.

The plan was he would spore fertilize the 6 sterile eggs on map, in nestbox with mothers ontop. The cheat tamed males fail to do this. Game crashed to desktop, upon unpausing.

I run teleport all the time. Fastdwarf 0 1 and Superdwarf on Hunters. Ive got default dfHacks on. With dwarfvet, autofarm and tailor.

Ive a perpetually fighting cheat tamed Fire Man, fighting crabs and imps in magma. Gave him wrestling 5 in gm-unit, now his combat ends.

In a 2hr session of play, I issue 30x this:
multicmd removestress;healall;rejuvinate
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: July 11, 2020, 06:53:20 pm »

so far in my experience with making the necro site as one of the civs you can start as in fort mode is that the game treats them like any other entity and they don't get any special bonuses
shoot one could say they pull from the main entity they originally come from so a dwarf necro tower will follow dwarf laws and ethics and the human tower will follow human ones and so on.

the big kicker is with the experiment stuff is the way the game made them hardcoded is tied to the historical figure Id number and that makes it so you need to get lucky on the right historical figure number for your experiment raw name or some weird plan like 'post editing the animal tokens so it matches with the experiments the necromancers make.'  would ever work.

I can search world.dat for experiment Id full name. Then I put them to ALWAYS_PRESENT pets. Only issue: I cannot unpack world.dat from already generated world. And cannot force necromancers to make experiments in worldgen. Even with modded creature who can do experiments directly in civ - I don't know how make them creating more experiments.
well that's because experiments are like angels where they are generated After world gen and all the sites been made.
so a necromancer legit creating a new creature species the reason they act so differently in world gen is because the historical figure the necromancer is doing stuff than the Site.
like the necromancer has access to a new feature toady added which was scheme and plot.

but like even if you get through all these hoops to get a bunch of necromancers showing up to your fort you still have this one big issue of their resurrection/reanimation is tied to combat, and undead zombies oppose to living causes them to be hostile to everyone in the fort including their own necromancers
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: July 12, 2020, 01:08:35 am »

well that's because experiments are like angels where they are generated After world gen and all the sites been made.
so a necromancer legit creating a new creature species the reason they act so differently in world gen is because the historical figure the necromancer is doing stuff than the Site.
like the necromancer has access to a new feature toady added which was scheme and plot.

but like even if you get through all these hoops to get a bunch of necromancers showing up to your fort you still have this one big issue of their resurrection/reanimation is tied to combat, and undead zombies oppose to living causes them to be hostile to everyone in the fort including their own necromancers
If I need necromancers in my fort, I can just raid for books and create ny own fort of necromancers only. But I want experiments, not necromancers.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: July 12, 2020, 04:34:59 am »

If I need necromancers in my fort, I can just raid for books and create ny own fort of necromancers only. But I want experiments, not necromancers.
I would probably say the experiments are at this case toady making them one part night trolls where they are historical figures and angels where their raw name and existance is co-dependent to the historical figure that makes them that you would have a harder time getting one.

like I guess one could mess with the mainland site entity to insert said experiments in via dfhack post worldgen.

though I guess there's the adventure route where you just make a bunch of experiment adventurers for the retired player fort and just retire them there and unretire the fort.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

knutor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: July 12, 2020, 10:35:05 pm »

I best be a playtester, tried a simple thing like giving my Reptile Man a tail slap. Copied its attack from Orca. Stuck in raw by his other 4 attacks. No joy. DF log says no such BP, guess they mean body part. What goods a tail, if he cannot slap with it, I say.

that multicmd was wrong, btw. Has heal, fillneeds, rem stress. I dont use rejuvinate. In case your researching my war elephant wanting a bed.
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.

Hiul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: July 13, 2020, 03:06:36 am »

dfhack dont support 32bit anymore right? if it still support it, can someone add the link for me to download? or the original zip already include it? i cant go into github for some reason, never try dfhack before though.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: July 13, 2020, 03:10:02 am »

dfhack dont support 32bit anymore right? if it still support it, can someone add the link for me to download? or the original zip already include it? i cant go into github for some reason, never try dfhack before though.
Afaik we support 32bits but github is currently down. I would recommend patience as github should sort it out soon.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: July 13, 2020, 03:26:28 am »

It's up for me. There's 32bit versions at the bottom of this page: https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases/tag/0.47.04-r1

Or 32bit testing builds available through: https://dfhack.org/builds/
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Hiul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: July 13, 2020, 03:43:51 am »

Afaik we support 32bits but github is currently down. I would recommend patience as github should sort it out soon.

It's up for me. There's 32bit versions at the bottom of this page: https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases/tag/0.47.04-r1

Or 32bit testing builds available through: https://dfhack.org/builds/

thanks  :D

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: July 13, 2020, 08:54:36 am »

Any way to script tortures in fort mode?

knutor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: July 13, 2020, 09:26:36 am »

My cheat tamed, add-thought War Elephant just visited the booze stockpile, grabbed a mug and drank up. He thinks he is a dorf. Pulled up his info in gui/gm-unit. I gave him no fat. So I gave him 1mil fat storage, checked the skills with tab, mostly combat, but he has balance at 2, and coordination at 2. His beliefs/preferences are all over the place.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: July 14, 2020, 04:06:42 pm »

Is it possible to write data to a file using a script or plugin? Purpose is to save fort tiles as a .csv (or other text file format.)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 04:10:39 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: July 14, 2020, 04:45:07 pm »

Is it possible to write data to a file using a script or plugin? Purpose is to save fort tiles as a .csv (or other text file format.)
Yes, on both accounts. Exportmap exports data and tweakmap reads it, allows modification, and writes it http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=161188.msg7228166#msg7228166. Embark Assistant can also write a search profile file and read it back.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: July 14, 2020, 09:22:53 pm »

All languages that DFHack uses (C++, Lua, Ruby) have native support for reading and writing files - there's nothing DFHack-specific about it, and DFHack hasn't disabled it, so the language documentation would be the place to look for details (or existing examples like PatrikLundell's).

However, this question made me think of the project that Myk is taking on to make a Quickfort-like utility:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=176889.0
https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/issues/499
It might be worth looking at these to make sure you're not duplicating effort, or to see if you might be able to help out.

(Also, if anyone else would like to provide feedback, feel free to take a look at that thread.)
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 242