Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 242

Author Topic: DFHack 50.11-r6  (Read 795535 times)

DAOWAce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.47.05-r6
« Reply #3300 on: January 17, 2023, 03:54:16 am »

How do we move/remove this launcher text?

Tried to read the rest of the thread and look at the help section for it, but can't see any mention of this.

Besides being new (which to me means uncomfortable), it's overlapping with the weather status.

myk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.47.05-r8 | 50.05-alpha1 (pre-release)
« Reply #3301 on: January 17, 2023, 07:12:05 am »

In steam DF, the position is configurable. For 0.47, you can run `disable overlay` if it's in the way. For anyone reading this who is running version 50 (the steam version), do *not* disable the overlay since it's now used by a large number of DFHack tools.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3302 on: January 17, 2023, 01:22:45 pm »

It should also be configurable in DFHack 0.47.05-r8, but not r7 (if you have PeridexisErrant's pack, you probably have r7, but you can upgrade).

As for the weather indicator, we did move it, but you might have an older copy of the config file. You can delete "dfhack-config/dwarfmonitor.json" (assuming you haven't modified it yourself) to cause the default to be regenerated, and that should make the weather indicator visible once again.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

DeDeRon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3303 on: January 19, 2023, 09:06:20 am »

Is the old way of working in a terminal still available? Will dfhack-run still work? I prefer working in a command line over text user interfaces. dfhack-run e.g. is very useful when using grep to find stuff in a long list.

myk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3304 on: January 19, 2023, 09:36:50 am »

Yes, dfhack-run, the terminal window, and the commandline interface in general aren't going anywhere. There are just more GUI-accessible options now.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2023, 11:12:49 am by myk »

myk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3305 on: January 20, 2023, 08:49:55 pm »

New pre-release for 50.05! See the release announcement for details: https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases/tag/50.05-alpha2

muffinbottoms

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.47.05-r8 | 50.05-alpha2 (pre-release)
« Reply #3306 on: January 21, 2023, 02:49:22 am »

I don't think this is a DF Hack issue, but I encountered something odd when trying to change the caste, sex, orientation of my dwarves for a play-through based on my friends. Whenever I used gui/gm-unit and gui/gm-editor to edit the caste, sex, and orientation of my dwarves from female to male, I would save and re-open my save so that the changes in sprite would take effect, but as soon as a few ticks go by in game they would immediately transform back into females.
Am I editing the wrong values? Or is there another way to go about changing my dwarves?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3307 on: January 21, 2023, 04:46:42 am »

You have to edit unit.enemy.were_caste and unit.enemy.normal_caste as well

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3308 on: January 21, 2023, 09:11:44 am »

Hi people.
Been playing DF again, getting in the mood before contemplating a move to the new version. Anyway...

I encountered something, not sure if it would fall under DFHack's scope though, but it relates to information presented to the user, which is usually something that DFHack enhances.

So what it was is this:
I had to build a temple for one of my religions, which was easy enough, and to enhance it, I wanted to build statues as I usually do.
So, forge gold statue, select details, pick "related to civilisation or other group", find the religion's name and.... there are two entries. Another civilisation of the same race has a religion of the same name. Which one is mine ? I have no way to tell.

It would be really good if the religions of your civilisation were highlighted in some way. Not sure if that's even possible though.

muffinbottoms

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3309 on: January 21, 2023, 09:51:56 pm »

You have to edit unit.enemy.were_caste and unit.enemy.normal_caste as well

Whoooo! Putnam you're the best, thank you!

Now I can watch my friends endlessly struggle to build a fort!

Pillbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3310 on: January 22, 2023, 05:17:18 pm »

I don't think quicksave is working correctly, no saves were created for me.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2023, 12:15:32 pm by Pillbo »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3311 on: January 23, 2023, 08:34:27 am »

I have a pretty generic question. Do we have a plan to ease the distribution of scripted mods in the workshop?

From my memory, it was this way on 0.47: make a scripts subfolder in the raws, then DF copy it in the saves and dfhack handles it from there. Now that df put each mod into its own folder, it seems more complicated. Telling the users to go into game files sounds like trouble.

This is interesting because the easier for Steam users to get a mod working, the best. Ideally I'll even make dfhack optional and inject reactions that use scripts at runtime, if it's installed.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2023, 08:36:42 am by Boltgun »

myk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3312 on: January 23, 2023, 04:35:54 pm »

Saving is funky nowadays. It appears that quicksave will trigger an **autosave**, and increment the autosave counter. At least this is what it did for me when I tested it and tracked down where the saves were going. I updated the docs to reflect this in the next version.

I have a pretty generic question. Do we have a plan to ease the distribution of scripted mods in the workshop?
Some initial thoughts here: https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/issues/2667
which will allow mods to automatically get added to the script path under the right conditions.
this depends a bit on how .lua files are handled in mods uploaded to Steam Workshop. Research must still be done.

Hi people.
It would be really good if the religions of your civilisation were highlighted in some way.
Sounds perfectly possible. Could you file a feature request at https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/issues ?

Pillbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3313 on: January 23, 2023, 09:22:29 pm »

Saving is funky nowadays. It appears that quicksave will trigger an **autosave**, and increment the autosave counter. At least this is what it did for me when I tested it and tracked down where the saves were going. I updated the docs to reflect this in the next version.

In my game it didn't create an autosave or a standard save, I only have my pre-existing saves.

Martenzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3314 on: January 24, 2023, 02:29:43 am »

I'm following the instructions to "Cross-compile windows files for running DF in Steam for Linux" and I'm running into a snag. Part-way through building the MSVC builder image (didn't work without sudo, so I went with that), docker proclaims I'm out of drive space in /opt. According to "df -h", this is not actually the case, though this might be because I only checked after it had aborted and cleaned up after itself. How much drive space does docker require to build the MSVC image? Can't seem to find this in docs.dfhack.org.

EDIT: I figured out it really is running out of space; in /var, not in /opt. The question still stands: how much space do I need to free up in /var?
EDIT2: Question is moot. It's docker alone that's literally filling up nearly the entirety of my /var partition when it downloads things to build the MSVC image. I literally can't free up enough space to let docker finish the job without repartitioning my system drive. And to people having this issue in the future: temporarily symlinking the folder to a larger drive/partition doesn't work, because docker won't proceed through symlinks.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 12:02:32 pm by Martenzo »
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 242