Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: Planetary Arms Race - Core  (Read 11919 times)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetary Arms Race - Core
« Reply #165 on: June 30, 2017, 08:18:52 am »

Well, obviously, I'm going to support my own side, though I have no idea how many players Amaok has.

Moerth is superior. We have rocket-launching rifles.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 30, 2017, 09:43:06 am »

I think both sides are about equal in terms of numbers now, although I'm not sure. It's possible Amaok still needs more people. They were having trouble getting enough votes together in the past, I'm not sure how they're doing at the moment.

As for why you should join either side...

Amaok leads in terms of territory, although they recently suffered serious losses in orbital combat. Their rifles, although 'conventional', provide excellent long-range fire, devastating Moerth's troops in wide open spaces such as A2. Their fighters, although technically capable of serving both in orbit and in atmosphere, appear relatively ineffective compared to Moerth's spaceships. Allegedly, Amaok is ruled by a malevolent AI.

Moerth skipped conventional rifles and went straight for 'bolters', guns that fire micromissiles. These tear through Amaok's forces at medium range, whilst their accuracy drops off substantially at longer ranges. Moerth's destroyers are renowned for their sturdiness, easily tanking several missile strikes, although their manoeuvrability leaves something to be desired. Moerth has publicly stated an interest in genetic engineering, although no signs of this have appeared on the battlefield so far.

There may be other technologies operating behind the scenes that are not public knowledge, which may or may not be interesting.
Long Live United Forenia!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 30, 2017, 10:16:13 am »

I'll freely admit that the genetics are a huge joke, because we're human and Amaok is trying really hard to be discount battle droids.

They're doing well. They get blown to bits really fast.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 30, 2017, 02:09:56 pm »

us amoakins gotz the bust shootaz, the best boomz and the best grogz.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 30, 2017, 02:54:09 pm »

us amoakins gotz the bust shootaz, the best boomz and the best grogz.

You make a persuasive argument, would you mind expanding upon your points?
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 30, 2017, 03:07:41 pm »

Well. I don't think you can fairly claim the latter two of those things. Clearly Moerth has the better boomz; see our explosive-launching service rifle. Also, Moerth's genetically engineered plants produce grogz vastly superior to anything distilled on Amaok. I'll give you the better shootaz, though.
Long Live United Forenia!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 30, 2017, 04:04:39 pm »

Amaok clearly understands the concept of subtlety. Moourf actually named their small-arms missile-launchers "bolters"...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 30, 2017, 09:07:31 pm »

you z sses, when dah officer handhs me da big bomm boom it fires nad da basteds die rel fast, ok?

Amoak is trash
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 11, 2017, 01:42:57 pm »

Just figured I'd poke this.

Hey, Amaok, your vote(s) settled right now?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]