Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Region Manipulator, a pre embark region manipulator  (Read 27147 times)

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept stringed instrumentalist
    • View Profile
Re: Region Manipulator, a pre embark region manipulator
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2019, 12:19:20 am »

I don't know if you're taking bug reports, but if you are, I'm getting some errors trying to edit the "river y max"  (as well as x and min).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Give your dwarves a pet
My holiday mod (only offensive to elves)
The check-laundry script

Just give the Crossbow weapon the [AMMO:CROSSBOW] tag in the raws. You can make a crossbow that shoots crossbows.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2019, 03:21:14 am »

Thanks, yes, it turns out to be a bug. At a guess, the fields were named and I didn't test the changed fields everywhere when adapting to it.
I've fixed it and uploaded a new version ("river_vertical" and "river_horizontal" should be "rivers_vertical" and "rivers_horizontal", respectively).

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept stringed instrumentalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2019, 02:49:06 pm »

Awesome, thanks.
Give your dwarves a pet
My holiday mod (only offensive to elves)
The check-laundry script

Just give the Crossbow weapon the [AMMO:CROSSBOW] tag in the raws. You can make a crossbow that shoots crossbows.

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2019, 10:48:05 am »

How make clown spires visible?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2019, 01:12:37 pm »

Sigh...
- See the first post of this thread to find out how to save the script in your DF copy.
- Type regionmanipulator in the DFHack console widow
- ? to bring up the help
- <TAB> to shift through the help screeens
- When you've read the "features" tab, escape out.
- alt-f to bring up the feature display. The cyan characters display candy spires. Read the label to understand the differences between the different characters.

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2019, 01:55:59 pm »

Sigh...
- See the first post of this thread to find out how to save the script in your DF copy.
- Type regionmanipulator in the DFHack console widow
- ? to bring up the help
- <TAB> to shift through the help screeens
- When you've read the "features" tab, escape out.
- alt-f to bring up the feature display. The cyan characters display candy spires. Read the label to understand the differences between the different characters.
hat about spire that is beneath dark fortress?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2019, 02:21:05 pm »

The overlay doesn't care whether there's a dark fortress on top of features or not. It shows the spires. It's your responsibility to make sure you look where you want to look, i.e. at a dark fortress and then bring up the overlay on top of that.

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2019, 02:27:40 pm »

The overlay doesn't care whether there's a dark fortress on top of features or not. It shows the spires. It's your responsibility to make sure you look where you want to look, i.e. at a dark fortress and then bring up the overlay on top of that.
I talk about underworld portal.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2019, 02:47:48 pm »

I talk about underworld portal.
If you'd said that from the beginning this whole silly discussion could have been dealt with immediately. I'm not aware of any way to distinguish the portal spire from other spires apart from sending an adventurer to locate it in a copy of the world or embark with a 16*16 embark and use "reveal all" to show everything, locate the correct spire, and then embark again in a copy of the world at the desired place.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2020, 10:06:39 am »

Updated to 0.15 to deal with minor 0.47.01 changes involving site display (under "features"). The changes should be backwards compatible.
Note that testing has been very limited.

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2021, 01:01:48 pm »

Is it possible with this tool, or with Biome Manipulator, to control where aquifers appear on an embark?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2021, 02:34:52 pm »

The Biome Manipulator allows you to change the geo biomes, allowing you to switch between non/aquifer bearing layers. I don't think it will have any effect if done after embarking, though.

The Region Manipulator allows you to change which World Tile each Mid Level Tile has as its geo biome reference, so by first changing the geo biome (if needed) and then changing the tile reference you can influence if you've got an aquifer or not (again, pre embark, but this tool has to be run immediately prior to embarking, without change of focus, or the changes will be reverted).

It's also possible to change the Drainage for a World Tile to determine whether the aquifers (if there are any) will be heavy or light (Drainage = 7, 27, 47, 67, and 87 result in heavy aquifers, with all others being light).

Post embark it's possible to hack individual tiles using gui/gm-editor, or use a script to perform the same actions.

Thus, you can get a coarse control over the aquifers with these tools, but need to write a script or use gui/gm-editor directly for fine control.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2021, 06:02:51 pm »

This is a nice plugin.  The last time I used it, I used it to increase the number of soil layers (I did this by expanding one of the soil layers while contracting each of the less useful rock layers one at a time) and give me a sand layer.  Unfortunately, I think I may have forgotten to adjust something about the caverns because I hit the first cavern when I dug down into the first or second rock layer...
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2021, 05:09:00 am »

You must have used the Biome Manipulator, not the Region Manipulator (this script [it's not a plugin]), as that's the one that allows you to manipulate the geo biome. However, that does not change the location of caverns, as far as I know.

The first cavern can be generated at a very shallow location, which is why I change the world gen parameters to give me more room above the first cavern in which to make my fortress (sometimes defeated by much of that space being taken up by aquifer containing rock layers).

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2021, 02:00:51 am »

You must have used the Biome Manipulator, not the Region Manipulator (this script [it's not a plugin]), as that's the one that allows you to manipulate the geo biome. However, that does not change the location of caverns, as far as I know.

The first cavern can be generated at a very shallow location, which is why I change the world gen parameters to give me more room above the first cavern in which to make my fortress (sometimes defeated by much of that space being taken up by aquifer containing rock layers).

Biome Manipulator...
Region Manipulator...
Dwarf Manipulator...

Same thing!  :P
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5